Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phorm Public Meeting - Official Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Changing Subnet and IP

Old 15-01-2007, 14:28   #1
ali2487
Inactive

ali2487 is an unknown quantity at this point
Changing Subnet and IP

Hi

does anyone know how to change subnet, ip and default gateway? i am on DHCP with ntl. i need to this because i have been banned from a game which i play online

any ideas?
ali2487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2007, 15:08   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changing Subnet and IP

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33602406

Presumably you've learnt your lesson and wont' misbehave again. Bear in mind that most places the do issue bans don't welcome people trying to reregister.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 15:14   #3
ali2487
Inactive

well i didnt misbehave or anything just seems these guys have some sort of grudge against me for some reason must be the nickname i use.....

anyways they have banned my subnet i believe because my IP has changed 3 times since the banning but i still cant connect to the server.............
Old 15-01-2007, 15:20   #4
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

The subnet is dictated by the local cable connection setup, you won't be able to get round that.

Accept you've been banned, move on and find some other server to play on.
Old 15-01-2007, 15:23   #5
ali2487
Inactive

would the subnet change if i switched from ntl to telewest?

if i rang ntl and asked them to change my subnet would this be possible? what about if i asked them to change my dhcp server?
Old 15-01-2007, 15:29   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

You cannot change from ntl to telewest, you have one or the other franchise, which depends on the area you live in and who originally laid the cableing.

If you are that desperate to change then you'll have to move to a ADSL (BT phone line style) ISP.
Old 15-01-2007, 15:46   #7
Bill C

Just to back Rob up here.

It is not possible for NTL to move you from where you are now.
It is not possible for NTL to change your sub net.

Sorry but that's it. Lesson learned and all that.
Old 15-01-2007, 16:01   #8
Virgin Mary
Permanently Banned

Virgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud ofVirgin Mary has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali2487 View Post
would the subnet change if i switched from ntl to telewest?

if i rang ntl and asked them to change my subnet would this be possible? what about if i asked them to change my dhcp server?
Have a look here.
Virgin Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 16:52   #9
ali2487
Inactive

i thought it might not be possible well i really dont know what these guys have against me

well ill just live with it then thanks for the help guys
Old 15-01-2007, 17:00   #10
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

Must admit banning a whole ISP subnet seems a bit over the top considering the number of people that will actually affect.
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 00:17   #11
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundles View Post
Must admit banning a whole ISP subnet seems a bit over the top considering the number of people that will actually affect.
It's certainly not something we'll do too often on our game servers. For us it's a last resort if a particular nuisance player simply won't accept the ban. The guys that change IPs many times in an attempt to get back eventually leave you no other option.

Ali2487:
If you really are a reformed character or simply made a mistake, best thing to do is to email a game moderator and grovel a bit.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 00:29   #12
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

I thought that's what you'd say DaiNasty.

Kind of like the reason that TW have no choice but to use traffic management rather than traffic shaping - because people refuse to work with traffic shaping, insisting on using VPNs, SSL connections, etc. leaving them no choice

(That's a whole other thread though)
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 11:42   #13
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

You have to work with the tools you have available. In an ideal world I could calculate an exact GUID for a cheating player and exclude him specifically.

Shame it ain't an ideal world.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 02:43   #14
FTB Slate
Inactive

FTB Slate is an unknown quantity at this point

I will tell you why he is banned from our server and our game. Ali2487 has continually hacked our forum and server, he is alot of other things which have nothing to do with gaming, we have filed a formal complaint with his internet provider. He should also be banned from this forum because he will eventually do something here. That is what he does. He is not a fair gamer. A word to the wise i would not be involved with him ever again. You can see just by his post here that he is still trying to cheat and learn how to hack our forum and server again. I will be sending a copy of this forum thread to his internet provider. Be warned
FTB Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 08:51   #15
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTB Slate View Post
I will tell you why he is banned from our server and our game. Ali2487 has continually hacked our forum and server, he is alot of other things which have nothing to do with gaming, we have filed a formal complaint with his internet provider. He should also be banned from this forum because he will eventually do something here. That is what he does. He is not a fair gamer. A word to the wise i would not be involved with him ever again. You can see just by his post here that he is still trying to cheat and learn how to hack our forum and server again. I will be sending a copy of this forum thread to his internet provider. Be warned
Wow, talk about bumping a 15 month old thread, when the member has not even logged in here since May 2007.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote