Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC programme shift

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion

Can't view BBC TV channels on Freeview

Old 30-08-2022, 21:31   #1
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Can't view BBC TV channels on Freeview

What has happened to the BBC channels on Freeview TV? I have tried retuning but with no success. Channels start at 3 ITV

I also have interference on some other channels.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2022, 22:09   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Can't view BBC TV channels on Freeview

There could be an issue with your aerial or cable which I have no idea how you could check yourself but if no one chips in to help you could use Restore TV, an independent free programme created to ensure that all UK viewers continue to receive free to view TV or are offered a suitable alternative, if new mobile services cause TV interference, which solved my friends problem after she paid to have her set up checked and was told it was all OK.

I must admit I was annoyed that she had paid out good money to someone who did the least he could get away with and took advantage of an elderly and vunerable person. However assuming that the cable/aerial were OK I used the following site and we found that a recently installed phone mast was to blame and the filter they sent solved her problem and she got back the missing channels and the blocky interference on other channels.

https://restoretv.uk/
Old 30-08-2022, 22:53   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

What part of the UK are you in? Do you happen to know the name of the transmitter you point your aerial at?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2022, 08:29   #4
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
What has happened to the BBC channels on Freeview TV? I have tried retuning but with no success. Channels start at 3 ITV

I also have interference on some other channels.
Have you tried rebooting your Freeview box? Pull the plug out and after two minutes, put it back in again.

This worked for one of my members and restored her channels.
Old 31-08-2022, 10:45   #5
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Many thanks for all your responses and suggestions. On removing the aerial from the TV I noticed the end had started to unwind quite a bit, so screwed it back up, then retuned, and now back to normal.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2022, 11:43   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Many thanks for all your responses and suggestions. On removing the aerial from the TV I noticed the end had started to unwind quite a bit, so screwed it back up, then retuned, and now back to normal.
Love it when I hear that someone sorted out a problem, so well done you. Hope you and Mr T are getting sorted as well..
Jo xx