Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pin numbers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Pin numbers

Old 27-02-2019, 10:42   #1
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold
Pin numbers

Can someone tell me why i have still have to put in a pin number for recordings on my new v6. Recorded the italian football(pin required if you want to watch before 10.00pm)and a American pickers show(because it is rated).Why have we not got a No pin required option for when there is only adults in the household?.Quite sure children would not be scarred watching an italian football game(although last nights game was mince!) and an a American pickers show(hardly x rated!).I know it's only 4 numbers to input but it gets really annoying when you do not need it.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2019, 10:47   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Pin numbers

You can turn off PIN protection for recordings on most channels via the Parental Control menu.

The only ones you can't turn it off for is Sky Cinema - as that's mandated by OFCOM.
Old 27-02-2019, 16:27   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Just set your pin to 0000, not hard to remember or enter ....

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 18:34   #4
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You can turn off PIN protection for recordings on most channels via the Parental Control menu.

The only ones you can't turn it off for is Sky Cinema - as that's mandated by OFCOM.
Cheers for that concise reply.

Last edited by Hugh; 27-02-2019 at 19:20.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote