Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 02-10-2013, 13:21   #631
tizmeinnit

Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
FACT,NOT OPINION LEARN THE DIFFERENCE .The welfare changes are designed to change peoples attitude towards benefits and make them more responsible for their own welfare .That was the stated aim (along with cutting back on the budget)at the start of the program ,so not opinion.Changing peoples attitude over a few generations will save much more in the long run and fortunately we have a government prepared to see past the next election
That is what they tell you it is for. I do not take what people say as fact so you have chosen to believe what they say so it is your opinion it is fact not mine

The only reason they are not calling it cheap jobs anyway is because they can get them to work longer hours and not pay minimum wage
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 13:24   #632
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
That is what they tell you it is for. I do not take what people say as fact so you have chosen to believe what they say so it is your opinion it is fact not mine
good god ,your just a pathetic waste of time
Old 02-10-2013, 13:25   #633
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
good god ,your just a pathetic waste of time
thank you for adding to the list of names I have been called this week
Old 02-10-2013, 13:42   #634
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge41 View Post
Aren't blue badges for people who can't walk more than 20 yards unaided?
Well considering the amount of blue badges i see in the front of £50000 Range Rovers parked in the disabled bays my local supermarket there on a good deal. Might look into it myself they are obviously earning far more than me

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 13:55   #635
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Under-25s should be banned from claiming the dole, David Cameron warned today as he signalled a fresh Tory crackdown on welfare.
Quote:
The idea of limiting benefits to the over-25s is likely to feature in the next Tory manifesto, but government sources suggested they will try to persuade the Lib Dems to introduce it sooner.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...portunity.html
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 14:01   #636
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

The parked expensive cars could belong to family members, the blue badge signifies that the vehicle is being used to the benefit of the badge holder.
The problems start when the badge holder is not in the vehicle and then the badge is being used fraudulently. [Possible fine and removal of badge from said badge holder]!
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 14:05   #637
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
The parked expensive cars could belong to family members, the blue badge signifies that the vehicle is being used to the benefit of the badge holder.
The problems start when the badge holder is not in the vehicle and then the badge is being used fraudulently. [Possible fine and removal of badge from said badge holder]!
and the fact they are often big vehicles means they are often easier to get and out of and also easier to fit wheelchair access
Old 02-10-2013, 14:10   #638
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

So technically. it's just raising the school leaving age to 25 then.

unless you find a job.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 14:20   #639
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My Sainsbury's now have a sign: Disabled bays: Fine if you are, £75 fine if not.

Not sure how they'd enforce it though.
You'd have to volunteer to pay the fine.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 14:51   #640
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My Sainsbury's now have a sign: Disabled bays: Fine if you are, £75 fine if not.

Not sure how they'd enforce it though.
they can't ,they have to pursue through a private prosecution ,the same as motorway service stations do to people who stay past 2 hrs
Old 02-10-2013, 15:41   #641
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Well that does makes sense considering that the owners are young, upwardly mobile types who have plenty of money by there looks, they could easily pass for a lawyer or banker. You never see anyone get out of them that you would say would have a problem walking the 10 meters to the shop door.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:27   #642
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Under normal circumstances I wouldnt like anyone to lose their job but I would make exception for a couple of members of this forum to lose theirs and see how difficult it is to be unemployed.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:30   #643
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

At our local centre there is a fixed penalty notice warning of a maximum stay prior to a fine of £60, which includes parking in a disabled bay without a permit.
System is 24/7 with numerous cameras operating.
(Notice of payment is via a posted document)
My neighbour advised me that he received a parking notice for taking over 2bays to park.
Another shopping complex nearby has parking attendants supplied by an agreement with local council, notification is by the normal windscreen penalty notice enforced by court action.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:34   #644
tizmeinnit

Quote:
At our local centre there is a fixed penalty notice warning of a maximum stay prior to a fine of £60, which includes parking in a disabled bay without a permit.
System is 24/7 with numerous cameras operating.
(Notice of payment is via a posted document)
My neighbour advised me that he received a parking notice for taking over 2bays to park.
Another shopping complex nearby has parking attendants supplied by an agreement with local council, notification is by the normal windscreen penalty notice enforced by court action.
how is it enforced by court action ? unless it is a council owned car park and proper wardens
Old 02-10-2013, 16:46   #645
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

http://news.sky.com/story/1149182/ca...better-britain

What is Cameron playing at by stating that there will be no dole for the under 25's.

I have never heard so much crap in all my life, when young adults leave school - I there is no job for them - how do they survive. Depend on their parents who may be out of work.

What Cameron has to do and l have said this all the time - This government MUST create employment by bringing investments into the UK. At the present time, companies are leaving the UK shores as it is cheaper from abroad.

Supermarkets, restaurants and many small companies take on youngsters on a wage that you cannot survive on, a young adult finds a cheap job, his parents may be on a housing benefit, or benefit himself or low paid job that is supplemented by benefit as they are on a low paid wages - that young adult's [parents then tell the benefit agency - and bingo they lose that income.

Trouble is Cameron and Osborne never think of the hurt they bring on people.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote