Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | War Of The Worlds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

War Of The Worlds

Old 02-07-2021, 19:12   #61
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: The War Of The Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Spoiler: 
I'm sure it has but I can't see it lasting much past that or having a definitive ending unless they ramp up the pace.

Having the aliens as 'human' has really taken the sting out the tail for me.

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Chris; 02-07-2021 at 23:28. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2021, 23:27   #62
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Please remember this thread is tagged UK TIMELINE.

Only season 1 has been released in the UK. It was released recently enough that many people will not have seen all of it yet.

SO PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS, and don’t needlessly ruin it for those who only get to watch an ep or two per week.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:28   #63
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

My bad - I assumed everyone was up to speed.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-07-2021, 13:53   #64
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

They’re currently filming S3 in Newport today.

I guess that’s the upside - plenty of corpses laying around with shops looted etc.

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 19-07-2021 at 15:03.
Old 19-07-2021, 14:53   #65
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Spoiler: 
I'm sure it has but I can't see it lasting much past that or having a definitive ending unless they ramp up the pace.

Having the aliens as 'human' has really taken the sting out the tail for me.
I turned the episode off after that reveal. I just thought lazy, low budget, lack of originality etc, etc.

Does anyone remember the 80's or 90's War of the Worlds TV series based off the 1950's movie?

They did the same thing.

Tell me is it worth sticking with, be honest.
Old 19-07-2021, 15:02   #66
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

There’s a fairly interesting twist on “that” which could be worth sticking around for but in all honesty I’m pretty underwhelmed.

If you’ve got nothing else to watch then it’ll pass the time.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-07-2021, 15:43   #67
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I turned the episode off after that reveal. I just thought lazy, low budget, lack of originality etc, etc.

Does anyone remember the 80's or 90's War of the Worlds TV series based off the 1950's movie?

They did the same thing.

Tell me is it worth sticking with, be honest.
I enjoyed it.
Spoiler: 
There is a lot more to the story than they are just humans. However, imo it should have ended with S2 I have no idea where they will go in S3

Last edited by Jaymoss; 19-07-2021 at 16:38.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2021, 15:54   #68
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

You might want to slap some spoiler tags around that…

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-07-2021, 19:28   #69
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Having finally finished season 1 last night, I don’t think the big reveal is necessarily what it might first seem. There’s a great deal of ambiguity around what exactly Emily has found. Can’t wait to get stuck in to S2.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2021, 20:18   #70
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

That’s just it, there is a twist involved but from what I’ve read online it’s quite divisive. It’s certainly an interesting twist on what was originally a twist in itself and my hopes rest in what they do with it now.

IMO it has to form the basis of S3 otherwise I can’t see it coming back for a 4th season.

I really hope to be wrong though…

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-07-2021, 00:39   #71
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

If you are looking for a fast paced, action filled alien invasion, this is not the show for you.

I think part of the problem is the title - it is a "war of worlds", but not quite in the way people think.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2021, 10:55   #72
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Well I finally finished it. I half guessed the "twist", which in itself opens up all kinds of paradoxal questions. I agree I don't know where a 3rd season would go.
Old 16-09-2021, 11:15   #73
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

They finished filming just up the road from me at the weekend, from what I could make out they were doing some “action” scenes and the word around here is they were using new characters, or at least ones people didn’t recognise from previous eps.

Here’s hoping they do well with S3…

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-09-2021, 16:23   #74
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

It will be interesting to see where it goes, I'm assuming it will be set in that pre invasion time.

Old 08-08-2022, 14:15   #75
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Re: War Of The Worlds

War of the Worlds Season 3 starts on Epix in September (12th).

Quote:
Set in present-day France and the U.K., Season Three picks up as the war between the survivors and aliens reaches a new turning point and a terrifying phenomenon grips countless people across the globe. With stakes at an all-time high, one survivor sets out to investigate, forming a tentative partnership with another unlikely hero along the way. The pair will need to use every resource they have available to face an opposition more dangerous than ever in their fight, once again, for the survival of all humanity.