Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:22   #4456
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

The stupid cretins in the corrupted EU are preventing me from reading a website in America.

Thanks to their GDPR law they introduced this year.

http://www.tribpub.com/gdpr/chicagotribune.com/

Brexit has to happen to escape this stupid corrupted, cancerous empire!!!
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2018, 11:51   #4457
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The stupid cretins in the corrupted EU are preventing me from reading a website in America.

I thought it was because some newspapers hadn't put a technical solution in place, whilst lots of others had (I have had the same problem with the LA Times website).

I think GDPR is a good thing - people can't keep or use their data if they don't have a legitimate reason for doing so, and have to delete it if you ask them to.

GDPR is a great reminder to businesses that people lend their information and organisations have a responsibility to look after it. It’s not just about confidentiality, it’s about integrity, accuracy and availability – and it’s just plain good business practice.

If you’re managing customer information in a fit and proper way, then requests for that information – known as subject access requests – are nothing to fear.

If a company has done all the right work, finding and disclosing information for a subject access request will be easy to do.

There needs to be a culture change throughout whole businesses too. Data protection needs to be treated in the same manner as health and safety, and managers need to care about protecting their data as much as they care about protecting their employees.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:21   #4458
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

John McDonnell rejecting Len McCluskey’s view and stating any vote should be between the May deal and Remain.

He also added he would vote to remain in that instance.

So we now have a prominent member of the Labour front bench, and ally of Jeremy Corbyn, stating indirectly he thinks we should remain unless Labour negotiate a better deal.

Another nudge closer.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:35   #4459
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The endgame approaches. Unsurprisingly we begin to discover what the various players’ objectives are.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:35   #4460
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:

There isn’t an indication that a Brexit Britain would remove GDPR requirements. I’d be more interested in why those publications haven’t aligned themselves to it.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:40   #4461
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
There isn’t an indication that a Brexit Britain would remove GDPR requirements. I’d be more interested in why those publications haven’t aligned themselves to it.
Given the vast amount of EU law that will be written into U.K. law next year, it will take quite some time before we understand what is desirable to change, and what the priorities are. I wouldn’t put any significance by the lack of a firm plan to alter the GDPR regulations.

As for why the Chicago Tribune hasn’t complied ... why should it? It isn’t a European company and is entitled to decide it’s more trouble than it’s worth.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:53   #4462
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Oh of course they aren’t obliged to, but they’re obviously preferring to give up the extra revenue from clicks as opposed to comply. That makes me more suspicious of their use of user data than of the European Union to be honest.
Old 07-12-2018, 13:02   #4463
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Oh of course they aren’t obliged to, but they’re obviously preferring to give up the extra revenue from clicks as opposed to comply. That makes me more suspicious of their use of user data than of the European Union to be honest.
If I choose to care what happens to my data via a few clicks, that is MY right to do so - I do not need a corrupted EU empire to decide for me!!!
Old 07-12-2018, 13:35   #4464
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
If I choose to care what happens to my data via a few clicks, that is MY right to do so - I do not need a corrupted EU empire to decide for me!!!
But you can. The difference is precisely that it's your choice to do so.
Old 07-12-2018, 13:37   #4465
jfman
Architect of Ideas

A VPN would work. At a fraction of the overall cost to the economy of actually leaving the EU.
Old 07-12-2018, 13:38   #4466
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As for why the Chicago Tribune hasn’t complied ... why should it? It isn’t a European company and is entitled to decide it’s more trouble than it’s worth.
It's not hard for them to comply. I can't think what issues they would run into serving articles and if they didn't want to comply with how they hold personal data then simply forbid European Users from having an account.

The only issue I can think of is Facebook or other very personalised tracking cookies, which can be dealt with either by not serving those plugins outside the United States or by having the ol' 'This Website has Cookies please accept blah blah blah'.

My guess is they weren't sure what to do.
Old 07-12-2018, 13:40   #4467
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Easily avoided by using a VPN.
Old 07-12-2018, 13:45   #4468
jfman
Architect of Ideas

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46480373

Foolish Liberal Democrat’s giving the game away for their own interests. For the people’s vote to work it has to be because “we have tried everything else”. As our favourite countdown clock regularly reminds us, there is plenty of time.
Old 07-12-2018, 13:52   #4469
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Agreed - if there is to be a second Referendum.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 07-12-2018, 14:52   #4470
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Agreed - if there is to be a second Referendum.
Well if enough people ask Santa then suppose there could be one That's the dude that makes dreams come true init
Closed Thread