Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 20-07-2018, 08:56   #1411
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I wouldn't believe everything Vm says Den. They are expecting/will get a substantial cut in fees, will they be passing that on to customers ? I think we know the answer.
As you well know Mr K us plebs are only spoon-fed a small bit of information generally but as the old saying goes it will all come out in the wash eventually..
Old 20-07-2018, 09:06   #1412
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

BBC has a clause that means it can buy 50% of UKTV it doesn't own if the other 50% changes hands (which it is trying to get C4 or ITV to buy straight away for competition reasons). Discovery bought Scripps and triggered clause. Maybe this has had knock-on effects?
Old 20-07-2018, 09:34   #1413
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road

Read between the lines.
At the end of the day, it is not about 'on demand' rights for back catalogue BBC stuff - which are retained by the BBC and which they are pretty obviously not keen to give away for peanuts - as licence fee payers we should hopefully expect no less.
It is really about VM imposing a fees reduction on UK TV for the stuff we already get - or got. The perception is that it is over priced for what is currently on offer, and I suspect there is an element of truth in that. On that basis an 11th hour resolution is always possible - as with the previous ITV standoff which now seems to have gone away.
Old 20-07-2018, 09:45   #1414
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Read between the lines.
At the end of the day, it is not about 'on demand' rights for back catalogue BBC stuff - which are retained by the BBC and which they are pretty obviously not keen to give away for peanuts - as licence fee payers we should hopefully expect no less.
It is really about VM imposing a fees reduction on UK TV for the stuff we already get - or got. The perception is that it is over priced for what is currently on offer, and I suspect there is an element of truth in that. On that basis an 11th hour resolution is always possible - as with the previous ITV standoff which now seems to have gone away.
A think a loss of itv channels would have totally destroyed vm
Old 20-07-2018, 09:58   #1415
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Some on here have predicted the doom and demise of Virgin Media before but alas they were nowhere near in their infamous predictions..
Old 20-07-2018, 10:20   #1416
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Let's not be fooled this is about money , Virgin are offering less and UKTV want more.

To all those throwing the toys out the pram , I suspect you'd also be on here moaning if Virgin increase your costs in part to paying UKTV more.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:44   #1417
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Let's not be fooled this is about money , Virgin are offering less and UKTV want more.

To all those throwing the toys out the pram , I suspect you'd also be on here moaning if Virgin increase your costs in part to paying UKTV more.
Suspect that isn't the issue. While we don't know the ins and outs of the negotiations, it would seem that VM want to pay somewhat less than they do now, rather than UK TV demanding more.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:48   #1418
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

It's interesting how Virgin Media have tried to order the replacement channels in a way so that they are most likely to appeal to the same viewers as the UKTV channels, in many cases, but not all:

124 Gold > Paramount Network HD
125 W > Lifetime SD
126 Alibi > True Entertainment
127 Dave > Premier Sports HD
128 Drama > YourTV
129 Really > 4Music
130 Alibi +1 > FreeSports
131 W +1 > Sky Sports Mix

190 Gold +1 > True Entertainment +1
191 W HD > Vice

194 Dave HD > Quest HD

200 Alibi HD > Crime+Investigation HD

211 Dave Ja Vu > Discovery Turbo

245 Yesterday > HISTORY HD
246 Yesterday +1 > Lifetime +1
247 Eden > Love Nature HD
248 Eden +1 > ZooMoo
249 Eden HD > Love Nature SD

278 Good Food > Together
279 Good Food +1 > Horse & Country
280 Good Food HD > ?
281 Home > More4
282 Home +1 > More4 +1

There are pop-up messages promoting the replacements now appearing on all UKTV channels.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:48   #1419
denphone
Still alive and fighting

But why pay anymore if the meal you are buying has several components still missing from it..
Old 20-07-2018, 11:02   #1420
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Well yes I would be on here moaning as that is exactly what they have done. As it means I will have to source Gold and Watch from Tv player at an extra cost of £7.99 a month or Now tv but that does not carry Watch.

So even though my subscription is loosing Gold and Watch I am gaining Horse and Country as part of the replacement.

If it was not for the trees I would be off to Sky.[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 20-07-2018, 11:10   #1421
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
Well yes I would be on here moaning as that is exactly what they have done. As it means I will have to source Gold and Watch from Tv player at an extra cost of £7.99 a month or Now tv but that does not carry Watch.

So even though my subscription is loosing Gold and Watch I am gaining Horse and Country as part of the replacement.

If it was not for the trees I would be off to Sky.[COLOR="Silver"]
I’ll be getting a kindle fire to solve that issue
Old 20-07-2018, 11:14   #1422
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Suspect that isn't the issue. While we don't know the ins and outs of the negotiations, it would seem that VM want to pay somewhat less than they do now, rather than UK TV demanding more.
That was what I meant I perhaps just didn't word it the best , I should have said UKTV want more than Virgin are offering.
Old 20-07-2018, 11:28   #1423
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

More4 is currently on 147 so this 281 business is weird unless they are duplicating the channel.

Channel 4 wouldn't be pleased about their channel being shoved up (or down depending how you look at it) the EPG because of a dispute with another company.
Old 20-07-2018, 12:04   #1424
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Latest press release:

Virgin Media adds VICE TV to its platform

http://www.virginmedia.com/content/v...-platform.html

Due to launch on Virgin Media channel 219, and/or 191 if UKTV's channels are removed.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Another:

Paramount network coming to Virgin TV in HD in UK

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate...-hd-in-uk.html

Due to launch on Virgin Media channel 187, and/or 124 if UKTV's channels are removed.
Old 20-07-2018, 12:20   #1425
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Bye Bye

You can't give us some free to air channels now you're pulling all the UKTV channels

I'm off to another provider

Good riddance

Last edited by Gavin-D; 20-07-2018 at 13:19.
Closed Thread