Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 08-07-2018, 23:09   #1951
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

The public want politicians they can believe and trust and not some of the current insincere rabble that pass for politicians currently in this country..
When have the public ever had that? I have never known a politician that I can believe or trust. Please educate me if you can. Name one in the last 50yrs.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2018, 06:02   #1952
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
When have the public ever had that? I have never known a politician that I can believe or trust. Please educate me if you can. Name one in the last 50yrs.
Can't think of many off the top of my head pip but further back then that the public certainly trusted politicians more.
Old 22-07-2018, 21:51   #1953
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Universal credit IT system 'broken', whistleblowers say.

Quote:
Universal credit is so riddled with design flaws and process faults that it is practically guaranteed to generate mistakes and delays that would push vulnerable benefit claimants into hardship, according to whistleblowers.
Quote:
Growing concern over universal credit, which is six years behind schedule but will eventually handle £63bn of benefits going to 8 million people, is matched by disquiet over what critics say has been a defensive and insular approach to managing welfare reform by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...tleblowers-say

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...versal-creditt.

Perhaps if they listened and learned to start with rather then being dogmatic and indifferent they would not be in the mess they are in now.
Old 22-07-2018, 22:26   #1954
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I have a soft spot for that old rogue Dennis Skinner..
Old 23-07-2018, 09:46   #1955
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Can't think of many off the top of my head pip but further back then that the public certainly trusted politicians more.
The fact that you haven't named a single one shows that you can't think of any!

And you think that politicians don't give straight answers.

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

Quote:
No l would have not given in.

Non politicians don't need votes as thankfully l am not one of the current duplicitous politicians that reside in Westminster.
Honestly, Den. You would not have given in if you were Theresa May. Fine. Unfortunately, you have failed to tell us what you would have done in her place, which was the question.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 11:11   #1956
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The fact that you haven't named a single one shows that you can't think of any!

And you think that politicians don't give straight answers.[COLOR="Silver"]

No there ain't any politicians l can trust as those who put their faith and trust in them will be severely disappointed as you will find out once you take those political blinkers you seem to have permanently stuck on you.
Old 25-07-2018, 06:18   #1957
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

DWP 'consulting' as they wish to start making extra checks on benefits for disabled children, disabled pensioners and carers, despite overwhelming evidence that the level of fraud in these groups is negligible.

The highest amount of fraud is committed by Housing Benefit landlords & claimants (38.4%).

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2018/07/...enefit-cheats/

PIP and DLA claimant ovetpayments amount to 6.8%, the Government chooses not to collate how much PIP and DLA isn't claimed, but generally speaking the amount of benefit underpaid is about four times the amount of benefits overpaid.

Overall, claimant fraud amounts to 1.2% of the total benefits bill, unchanged since 2016.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 25-07-2018 at 06:30.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 11:05   #1958
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Once PIP is fully rolled-out for adults, it will no doubt be rolled-out for children. And after that it will cease to be direct monetary aid each month, but a system of providing physical disability aids such as wheelchairs and home adaptations. All provided by a company with financial ties to the government perhaps?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 12:49   #1959
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The PIP process is a total shambles and needs fixed.

I applied in March and in May got rejected as they scored me 6 points. The 'medical' person basically said that almost everything I have difficulty with I can manage she feels.

Mandatory reconsideration had no bearing on things and at the middle of June a formal appeal was logged via the Tribunal service. I have still not had any letters or contract from the DWP regarding this. Its stressing me out how long this damn process seems to take.
Old 25-07-2018, 13:13   #1960
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

I applied in March and in May got rejected as they scored me 6 points. The 'medical' person basically said that almost everything I have difficulty with I can manage she feels.

Mandatory reconsideration had no bearing on things and at the middle of June a formal appeal was logged via the Tribunal service. I have still not had any letters or contract from the DWP regarding this. Its stressing me out how long this damn process seems to take.
The tribunal service is that backed up expect 12-18mths before you hear anything.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 13:26   #1961
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Pip is spot on with that analysis Stephen as one thing claimants must not do is to grow tired of the long winded process and give in as that is what the DWP want claimants to do.
Old 25-07-2018, 15:59   #1962
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Exactly right Den. The system is deliberately set up so as to grind (often very poorly people) down.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 16:56   #1963
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Stephen, contact their complaints line and ask for an update.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure
Quote:
Disability Living Allowance for
people aged under 65 - 0800 121 4600
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 10:37   #1964
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well good news. Got a call on Friday afternoon from the DWP and it was to say they have looked at my application again and are giving me the standard payment for daily living and mobility. Backdated to March.

If I accepted they would contact the tribunal to say it's closed. They clearly don't want it going that far.

I'm happy.
Old 30-07-2018, 12:05   #1965
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well good news. Got a call on Friday afternoon from the DWP and it was to say they have looked at my application again and are giving me the standard payment for daily living and mobility. Backdated to March.

If I accepted they would contact the tribunal to say it's closed. They clearly don't want it going that far.

I'm happy.
Duration? Many I share info with have had DWP backtrack before Tribunal but the duration of the claim was only a year or two. That meant reassessment almost immediately.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote