Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:23   #31
spursmat
Inactive

spursmat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CR3: Any Feedback or Questions?

lo guys.

well ive got it now as expected in the trail on colchester. takes about 5 mins like the booklet says to download the new update, one thing I noticed is the Scart AV Control is switched off by default, so I sat there for an extra 10 mins waiting for it to switch on when in fact it was just I wasnt viewing it LOL.

The new layout is definately a lot better in my opinionin, and does remind me of Sky a lot, the new colour is a slot nicer, and the system for the mni guide is far mroe convenient.

Someone else suggested it still seems a bit slow and I would agree that when flicking through the channels it does take a while.

Un-subscribed channels are no longer skipped, so sometimes I keep thinking iv got loads of new channels but will get used to it. The favourites button on the remote now works an is yet another quick way to find what you want, although im content with just pressing channel up+down.

No red buttons have appeared as of yet, and the interactive is also "unavailible" according to to the error message. Btw instead ofg etting a huge ntl logo and a please wait sign, you now just get a little box that says please wait in the corner of your screen, which is good as you dont miss 5 mins of TV whilst you wait for the damn thing to load up lol.

The front row on channel 0 is also great as I no longer spend my time flicking through 30 odd pointless channels. There is also an option to have a buzzer sound when your reminder is up.

All in all the new system gets the thumbs up from me and is a great step towards tyhe ultimate Digital Service ahead of sky, shame NTL's service sucks tho (just had my Telephone cut off for not paying for a FREE tv service LOL...)

Any questions give us a shout.
spursmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2004, 15:57   #32
georgepomone
Inactive

Services: Tivo. VIP 120 Pack.
georgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to allgeorgepomone is a name known to all

Hi All,
avoiding the new toy excitement.I'm in Ipswich,(Colchester Area) it had downloaded overnight with no problems.All I had to do was switch the A/v switching back on.
1. It looks good.
2. It looks professional.
3. The most important thing, it works.
George.
georgepomone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2004, 17:56   #33
sky_and_ntl_
Inactive

sky_and_ntl_ is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know when it will be out in nottingham?
sky_and_ntl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2004, 19:05   #34
eoin.miskell
cf.member

Services: 2 V360 boxes, 350MB BB
eoin.miskell is on a distinguished roadeoin.miskell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eoin.miskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_and_ntl_
does anyone know when it will be out in nottingham?
hi and to nthellworld.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam B
Finally, please do not ask about dates for other areas as these have not been released yet.
eoin.miskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2004, 20:30   #35
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Reading all the feedback with great interest - keep it coming. I was pretty impressed when I first tried LCR3 in the middle of last year so I'm glad it's getting good feedback from the people who matter.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2004, 20:36   #36
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep up the good work BBKing
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 23:07   #37
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough

one question

Do we get the funky sounds for reminders, like cows, and various other animals???
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 23:09   #38
Proppinupthebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntlrocks
one question

Do we get the funky sounds for reminders, like cows, and various other animals???
Cant say what they are but there are reminder sounds.
Old 15-03-2004, 23:10   #39
mattfrn
Inactive

Services: Premium collection
mattfrn is on a distinguished roadmattfrn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar
Cant say what they are but there are reminder sounds.
a trumpet , buzzer and a cuckoo are the reminders i think i read somewhere
mattfrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2004, 23:10   #40
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

They are great. well for a few minutes any way
Old 15-03-2004, 23:14   #41
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
They are great. well for a few minutes any way
Or "a complete waste of time", depending on who you ask!
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 00:05   #42
bigitup_j
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, TV and 20mb Broadband
bigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bigitup_j Send a message via Yahoo to bigitup_j

well you can't exactly miss the program now!! the buzzer is really loud, and with high volume it makes my cat run out the room ( and i hide behind the sofa)!

the reminder sounds are very useful!!
bigitup_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 00:08   #43
Pritch
Inactive

Pritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigitup_j
well you can't exactly miss the program now!! the buzzer is really loud, and with high volume it makes my cat run out the room ( and i hide behind the sofa)!
Indeed. The Cuckoo is alright, the trumpet is rather naff, and the buzzer just scares the **** out of me!
Pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 00:17   #44
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

on a slightly sad note I have the same bugle sound on my Sony ericsson p900 as the alarm for waking my up as it is v annoying and loud.
Old 16-03-2004, 00:22   #45
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age

I can see this post getting culled, but here's something to make you smile:

That's the cartoon 'remote control' that guides you though using LCR3. But does he remind anyone else of Mr Hankey?

*leaves shamefaced*
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote