Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Old 10-03-2004, 12:33   #16
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age
Re: CR3: Any Feedback or Questions?

Monkeybreath: the rollout is being staggered by box type, to try to minimize calls to CS and so forth. As I understand it, two varieties of 4001 were done on Tuesday morning. I don't know if any others were done last night.

Pritch: Are you sure that your TV is attached to the TV scart output of the STB, rahter than the video one? Pin 8 switching should still work, if you flick the box to standby and back again.
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2004, 13:37   #17
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Just got my letter this morning and Booklet.

Grimsby region and role on the hit.

I just got one problem I have 2 boxes.

When I have been hit in the past one of the boxes has not picked it up.

Also strangely both are pace yet one is slimer than the other. Also one has a slit for the card in the pull down panel the other does not.

So will I have problems with the CR3 roleout that one box will not upgrade.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 13:37   #18
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritch

Oh, that and it seems to turn off scart control by default. This meant that I couldn't actually get my TV to switch to view the STB (lost TV remote, and no AV button on the front of the telly), but I managed to resolve this after a couple of minutes on the phone with a friend who guided me through the menus blind until I had a picture
This has happened to a lot of custs. on cr2 the scart control did not work properly and even when it was off it was actually still on. and if it was set to off on the settings the new cr3 will actually turn it off to begin with.
Old 10-03-2004, 13:39   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle
Just got my letter this morning and Booklet.

Grimsby region and role on the hit.

I just got one problem I have 2 boxes.

When I have been hit in the past one of the boxes has not picked it up.

Also strangely both are pace yet one is slimer than the other. Also one has a slit for the card in the pull down panel the other does not.

So will I have problems with the CR3 roleout that one box will not upgrade.
What might happen is that one box will get it one day and the other box may pick up on another day. the one without slot is just a newer model that is all.
Old 10-03-2004, 13:41   #20
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
Monkeybreath: the rollout is being staggered by box type, to try to minimize calls to CS and so forth. As I understand it, two varieties of 4001 were done on Tuesday morning. I don't know if any others were done last night.
but i dont understand how two boxes, that are the same model, connected through the same catv are not acting in the same way... i knew the rollout was being done model by model, but can someone explain why one has updated and another hasn't?! thanks
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 13:50   #21
paul211
Inactive

Services: bb 3meg tv
paul211 is an unknown quantity at this point

does the letter and Booklet come with your bill or seprately
paul211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 13:53   #22
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
What might happen is that one box will get it one day and the other box may pick up on another day. the one without slot is just a newer model that is all.
Thanks DarthYoda.

If they do this I think it will be better as I said when they try hitting both at once it causes nightmare problems. Such as I often get blackouts (channels not appearing) and box freezing which can take upto 3 to 4 times of switching off/on the boxes.
Old 10-03-2004, 13:53   #23
mertle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul211
does the letter and Booklet come with your bill or seprately
Seperate in my case
Old 10-03-2004, 14:14   #24
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle
Seperate in my case
Seperate in every case.
Old 10-03-2004, 14:44   #25
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
but i dont understand how two boxes, that are the same model, connected through the same catv are not acting in the same way... i knew the rollout was being done model by model, but can someone explain why one has updated and another hasn't?! thanks
I would put money on them being different STB models. There are four or five different revisions of the 4001 -- only two of them were done on Tuesday. Even if the STBs look the same, and are both 4001s, they could be different revisions.

Nigel S used to be the guy to ask about all this on .com, but it looks like he never made his way over here
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 16:55   #26
Sam B
Inactive

Sam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation era

By way of an update on dates for releases. For Grimsby, the new software will begin to roll out from next Tuesday, 16th March. As you have seen, the mailings have been sent to those affected, and have started arriving today. The rollout will be over a few days, again by box type. The best way to ensure that you get the update as soon as it is available to you is to leave your box on standby at night.

Cheers
Sam
Sam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 17:00   #27
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam B
By way of an update on dates for releases. For Grimsby, the new software will begin to roll out from next Tuesday, 16th March. As you have seen, the mailings have been sent to those affected, and have started arriving today. The rollout will be over a few days, again by box type. The best way to ensure that you get the update as soon as it is available to you is to leave your box on standby at night.

Cheers
Sam
Nice one Sam, thanks for the info.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:28   #28
abun880007x
Inactive

abun880007x is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Nice one Sam, thanks for the info.
Hi all

Could somebody who already has LCR3 confirm what the version number of the software is and if you can still get this information by pressing the help button.
Could somebody also post actual screenshots of the software being used not the ones from the booklet and maybe also post some screenshots of LCR3 channel ntl:.

Thanks
abun880007x
abun880007x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:43   #29
Proppinupthebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by abun880007x
Hi all

Could somebody who already has LCR3 confirm what the version number of the software is and if you can still get this information by pressing the help button.
Could somebody also post actual screenshots of the software being used not the ones from the booklet and maybe also post some screenshots of LCR3 channel ntl:.

Thanks
abun880007x
The software version is no longer shown within help.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:47   #30
Pritch
Inactive

Pritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
Pritch: Are you sure that your TV is attached to the TV scart output of the STB, rahter than the video one? Pin 8 switching should still work, if you flick the box to standby and back again.
Definately attached to the TV output.

As I said, I ended up sitting on the phone to a friend, who guided me through the menus (press left, press left, press left, press left, press select, etc...). Turns out it was turned off in the settings menu.

Strange, seeing as it was definately turned on before the update.
Pritch is offline   Reply With Quote