Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Old 14-04-2004, 20:28   #196
Sam B
Inactive

Sam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation era
Re: CR3: Any Feedback or Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanGuy
I thought I was supposed to receive my update today on the 14th April in Cardiff, but no update. I received my booklet about 2 weeks ago.
The rollout started today in Cardiff, but not all box types get it today. You'll get it sometime over the next few days.

Cheers
Sam
Sam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2004, 10:34   #197
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Hi Sam, now that we've fed back quite a lot of info, would it be fair to ask how this will be handled? Are the issues raised 'known' and if so what is the plan for solving these? Or is it too early to say?
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 13:36   #198
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Question Re: CR3: Any Feedback or Questions?

Yes - here's a strange one.

If you change from, say, Radio Five Live to Prem Plus on 900, the on-screen graphic for 5 Live stays on over the 900 picture. Minor bug but it is there.

i clear it by switching to any other TV channel and then back to 900.

Strange but true....

Old 15-04-2004, 14:28   #199
IanGuy
Inactive

Services: V+, 2nd STB, Virgin Phone, Virgin 20mb
IanGuy is on a distinguished roadIanGuy is on a distinguished road

Just rebooted my box and all is there. I have a 4010 and am happy with CR3 so far Nice one NTL just get E-TV
IanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 14:52   #200
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

So is the performance of the 4001 boxes really that bad compared to the 4010s or are people just experiencing teething troubles that will clear up once everyone's on CR3?

I've been eagerly awaiting CR3 as it supposedly fixes some issues with the current software (such as the 00:10GMT/01:10BST blanking bug), but if the 4001 boxes (of which we have 2) are going to perform badly I can see NTL getting a lot of angry calls from customers.

(and I'm sure NTL are holding off on rolling out CR3 in northeast Hampshire just to annoy Tod in Aldershot )
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 16:13   #201
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough

That Five Live thing doesn't happen for me ...just lucky i guess
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 17:50   #202
IanGuy
Inactive

Services: V+, 2nd STB, Virgin Phone, Virgin 20mb
IanGuy is on a distinguished roadIanGuy is on a distinguished road

the box has crashed on me with 4010 tho. It was while going in to the diary.... I did do rather alot of things at once tho. One crash since upgrade. Fine ever since.
IanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 19:54   #203
Mr_Burns
Inactive

Mr_Burns is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see that the 'Guide' is up to its usual standards. I've got programme info for today, all channels from midnight onwards say 'programme information unavailable' The box appears to be very unresponsive when in the guide too - its a 4001. Another interesting feature is that while in the guide, the 'mini tv' stays on the channel I'm watching until I scroll to 3am when it changes to the Front Row channel (and 107 comes up on the display) and you can't change the channel.

Now I've got programme information unavailable for today as well I've already rebooted the box half a dozen times today (that's more than I've had to do since it was installed 3 yrs ago!).

The navigating takes a bit of getting used to (damned browse button ) as well. The colour scheme is OK too ($ky anyone?). I've rearranged some of the channels (do they stay in that order now, even if the box is rebooted?) but it's a bit of a tedious task. I'd prefer the channels to be in a sensible order/renumbered.
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 20:01   #204
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough

yeah if you are moving a music channel from 911 to say the region of 606, then you need to hit the button "1" about 70 times, it would be better if you could hit PAGE UP, while having that channel selected

btw yeah it is supposed to switch to front row, for anything after 3 A.M as that channel is the stream it gets its data on or something, i find it takes alot less time to get listings than previously, perhaps the thing with mini guide "press guide for further listings" is just a thing to encourage people to use the faster more improved guide.
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 20:07   #205
Proppinupthebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Burns
Glad to see that the 'Guide' is up to its usual standards. I've got programme info for today, all channels from midnight onwards say 'programme information unavailable' The box appears to be very unresponsive when in the guide too - its a 4001. Another interesting feature is that while in the guide, the 'mini tv' stays on the channel I'm watching until I scroll to 3am when it changes to the Front Row channel (and 107 comes up on the display) and you can't change the channel.

Now I've got programme information unavailable for today as well I've already rebooted the box half a dozen times today (that's more than I've had to do since it was installed 3 yrs ago!).

The navigating takes a bit of getting used to (damned browse button ) as well. The colour scheme is OK too ($ky anyone?). I've rearranged some of the channels (do they stay in that order now, even if the box is rebooted?) but it's a bit of a tedious task. I'd prefer the channels to be in a sensible order/renumbered.
When you use the guide the STB uses the epg data available in the stream you were watching so that the mini pic can continue to show the channel you were watching. When you look for info past 00:00 GMT you move into tommorows data, which is only available in one single stream, and so the STB has to retune itself to the necassary stream and why it shows the Front Row promo. As it has retuned it then needs to regather the info past 00:00 which is why it shows No Information, give it a while and it will get the info.

If you press Page up, Page down, Blue, and then choose more, what version of STB does it report?

The favourites stay re-organised after a reboot.
Old 15-04-2004, 20:24   #206
byron_hinson
Inactive

Services: 50 MB Broadband and Phone
byron_hinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to byron_hinson
Losing Sound CR3

Over the last few days, ever so often our cable TV is losing all sound, no matter how often we reset the box etc it doens't make a difference - switching to plain tv has working sound so it is just NTL - any ideas about this? We're in the Cambridge CB4 area.
byron_hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 20:26   #207
Mr_Burns
Inactive

Mr_Burns is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a 4001-3, HW Version 3A.

EDIT: What does lost IB Lock mean?
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 20:35   #208
Proppinupthebar

Re: Losing Sound CR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron_hinson
Over the last few days, ever so often our cable TV is losing all sound, no matter how often we reset the box etc it doens't make a difference - switching to plain tv has working sound so it is just NTL - any ideas about this? We're in the Cambridge CB4 area.
Usually a loose Scart cable. Check both ends of the scart cable are pushed home.
If not then its a knackered box.
Old 15-04-2004, 20:36   #209
Proppinupthebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Burns
It's a 4001-3, HW Version 3A.

EDIT: What does lost IB Lock mean?
Lost In band lock. Occurs everytime you change channels.
Old 15-04-2004, 20:43   #210
byron_hinson
Inactive

Services: 50 MB Broadband and Phone
byron_hinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to byron_hinson
Re: Losing Sound CR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar
Usually a loose Scart cable. Check both ends of the scart cable are pushed home.
If not then its a knackered box.
Guess I'll call them tomorrow as the scart is fine.
byron_hinson is offline   Reply With Quote