Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:15   #1
Sam B
Inactive

Sam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation eraSam B has entered a golden reputation era
[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

All

As you are now all aware, we have begun the rollout of the much discussed CR3 software to Langley DTV customers. It begins this week with Swansea and Colchester, which are being used as pilot regions, and a wider rollout will follow once this has proved successful.

We are now in a position to answer questions that you might have about the new software, even if it hasn't yet reached you. We would also welcome your feedback once you do receive it, about any aspect that you care to comment on.

I have started a new thread on this with Neil's agreement so that this didn't get lost in the thread currently running. Please use this thread specifically for questions directed to the ntl product team regarding the new software, or to share your feedback with us once you have received it.

We won't be in a position to respond to questions as they come up, but Neil has kindly agreed to collate your questions on a weekly basis (to avoid duplication), and send them to us. We will then respond once we have collated all of the answers.

I suggest that we collate any questions until midday Friday of this week and we will then look to get initial responses to you by next Wednesday (I am expecting quite a few this first time around). Going forward, we'll see how many we get and respond more quickly if we can.

Finally, please do not ask about dates for other areas as these have not been released yet. This is because they are subject to change and we will not issue dates until they are confirmed to avoid disappointment and dissatisfaction. As soon as new dates are released, we will publish them here. In the same way, we will not answer questions about future developments, other than to give general intentions. We will, however, answer all queries, technical or otherwise, on this specific software where we can.

We look forward to your comments and questions.

Cheers
Sam
Sam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2004, 12:20   #2
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age
Re: CR3: Any Feedback or Questions?

Many thanks for this Sam.

Two easy questions from me to start with

1) Will the next Bromley release be the same, look- and feature-wise, as Langley CR3?

2) Does this release allow for the 'full' BBCi Bridge application, as seen on satellite and DTT (and, briefly, Telewest)?

EDIT: Oh, and I feel obliged to ask about the channel numbering even though it's not strictly relevant... any news on this?
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:22   #3
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Please people-the best way forward with this is if you email me (neilatnthellworlddotcodotuk), & I will forward your comments/queries to Sam.

I will also 'stick' this thread.

Thanks again Sam.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:23   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I have a question!

Our 'browse' button is frequently on the fritz, refusing to display anything other than 'now-and-next' even though it's meant to scroll the rest of the day ahead; often the programme information pane is also empty. Usually this clears itself after a day or two, occasionally we have to re-boot the box to get any kind of epg service back.

Was this a problem specifically caused by the CR2 software, and will CR3 make it a thing of the past?

Thanks for your help Sam
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:25   #5
gazmanc
Inactive

gazmanc is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in an ex-cwc area and have CR3 for sometime now. I would like to say that it is a vast improvement on the last version and I have had no real problems using it. I would like to ask what NTL will be doing to improve on this as the new CR3 seems different to the version I have. Will ntl be doing an update to bring CR3 in the ex-cwc up to the standard of CR3 in Original areas. I.e colour, menu improvements, new mini guide. sorry if you think im jumping the gun a bit.
gazmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:26   #6
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
I have a question!

Our 'browse' button is frequently on the fritz, refusing to display anything other than 'now-and-next' even though it's meant to scroll the rest of the day ahead; often the programme information pane is also empty. Usually this clears itself after a day or two, occasionally we have to re-boot the box to get any kind of epg service back.

Was this a problem specifically caused by the CR2 software, and will CR3 make it a thing of the past?

Thanks for your help Sam
You could just wait and see
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:26   #7
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Question Re: CR3: Any Feedback or Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
I have a question!

Thanks for your help Sam
Towny-does you issue relate to the software that's currently being rolledout in Swansea/Colchester?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:29   #8
Neil
Inactive

Please people-this thread is for comments about the software that is currently being rolled out in Langley areas, not for anything else.

Any off topic stuff will get deleted I'm afraid.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:29   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Towny-does you issue relate to the software that's currently being rolledout in Swansea/Colchester?
That's exactly my question - was the unreliable performance of the 'browse' feature specifically attributable to the CR2 software, and if so, has the work on CR3 resulted in a more reliable service?
Old 10-03-2004, 02:14   #10
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

When will the rollout in swansea be completed? in my house there are three stbs, two of the same model (sorry too late to remember the model numbers) downstairs on one catv, and one in my room on a different on.

One of the downstairs STBs is now cr3, but the other two aren't and a reboot doesn't force it through. Confused as to why when two boxes are fed from the same cable only one of them has updated....
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33   #11
Pritch
Inactive

Pritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nice

On the whole, I quite like it.

My main gripe with it is that you can't use the page up and page down keys to skip through the channels 100 at a time in the miniguide like you could with the now and next bar.

Oh, that and it seems to turn off scart control by default. This meant that I couldn't actually get my TV to switch to view the STB (lost TV remote, and no AV button on the front of the telly), but I managed to resolve this after a couple of minutes on the phone with a friend who guided me through the menus blind until I had a picture
Pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:36   #12
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

whan is CR3 coming to camberley ????
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:15   #13
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
whan is CR3 coming to camberley ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam B
Finally, please do not ask about dates for other areas as these have not been released yet. This is because they are subject to change and we will not issue dates until they are confirmed to avoid disappointment and dissatisfaction. As soon as new dates are released, we will publish them here.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:19   #14
crowston
Inactive

crowston is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just got the letter and booklet about LCR3 i live in s****horpe near Grismby when is the download date for this area
crowston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:21   #15
crowston
Inactive

crowston is an unknown quantity at this point

Scu(N)thorpe is a place but it has a nasty word i hate when it does that

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowston
i have just got the letter and booklet about LCR3 i live in s****horpe near Grismby when is the download date for this area
crowston is offline   Reply With Quote