Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1GB Cap Letter!!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

1GB Cap Letter!!!!

Old 11-04-2005, 21:02   #886
purenuman
Inactive

Services: SKY+ & NTL 2mb
purenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these parts
Re: 1GB Cap Letter!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate
But 8mb IS faster than the max ntl do, I don't think you can deny that.
UKOnline claim 4.4million homes covered and at £29.99, i don't think you can really beat that.
If 8mb is avail to 4.4million like I said small areas

The total number of homes in the UK is about 25 million, 20 million of these are in England.
purenuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2005, 21:19   #887
zing_deleted

8mb is available in my town now,I live in Nuneaton in warks near coventry which I add does not have it,All i gotta do is wait till bt reactivates my line
Old 11-04-2005, 21:35   #888
purenuman
Inactive

purenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate
But 8mb IS faster than the max ntl do, I don't think you can deny that.
UKOnline claim 4.4million homes covered and at £29.99, i don't think you can really beat that.
And unless I'm very much mistaken (very likely ) I think you'll find that while 4.4 million homes can obtain services from 8mb capable exchanges most of the homes are not close enough to reach 8mb...
Old 12-04-2005, 06:56   #889
garyparson
Permanently Banned

Services: STB. BB. Phone. Wallasey.
garyparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the guttergaryparson likes to dwell in the gutter

2mb 8mb, whatever, it's uncapped proper broadband. Broadband as it's meant to be. Do whatever you want. NO CAPS.
garyparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:25   #890
purenuman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyparson
2mb 8mb, whatever, it's uncapped proper broadband. Broadband as it's meant to be. Do whatever you want. NO CAPS.

See you back at NTL though when they start capping (best reserve http://www.ukonlineHELL.net ) and their ADSL can't keep up with NTL's 10-12mb or what ever the next few upgrades bring us.

If I could get 8mb uncapped ADSL for £29 I'd be gone by now and if it arrives here soon I will. I'd make sure it was a short minimum contract though as I think NTL will try and beat all of it's main competitors on speed and usage allowance (BT etc). I'd be straight back to NTL if and when it was a better deal.

I certainly would not be moaning all the time about caps that don't even exist.

Even when they do start capping the 1mb it is aimed people who don't need more than 3gig mth and want the speed for what little they do......
Old 12-04-2005, 13:25   #891
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

ukonline already cap, the cap is at 500 gig. Considering the max possible on 8mbit is around 2.4TB, they will be cutting out a lot of potential 24/7 abuse still.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 16:01   #892
purenuman
Inactive

This is just what we need

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm...view&news=4665

A price war

Quote:
UKOnline offers 512KB broadband for £9.99
Entry level package undercuts the market

Competition in the broadband access market got a little bit steeper when UKOnline announced their new entry level package yesterday.
The ISP is offering 512Kbps (kilobits per second) broadband internet access for £9.99 per month.
The rental is £5 less than the nearest competitor, and £7 or £8 less than the major players in the market like BT and AOL.
Old 12-04-2005, 16:12   #893
jonifen
Inactive

jonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by purenuman
This is just what we need

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm...view&news=4665

A price war
omg, a tenner... thats pretty good that
jonifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 17:16   #894
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

heh they forgot to mention its more then just £7. BT and NTL also have usage limits. ukonline doesnt.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 17:32   #895
jonifen
Inactive

jonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
heh they forgot to mention its more then just £7. BT and NTL also have usage limits. ukonline doesnt.
they do on their 8Mb, so the 512k doesnt? The deal reads even better now
jonifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 18:15   #896
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonifen
omg, a tenner... thats pretty good that
Except it says 'from £9.99'. When I see if it's available it quotes £19.99,

Hmm, 25% of the speed for 80% of the price of NTL - not quite a price war then
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 18:50   #897
purenuman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_365
Except it says 'from £9.99'. When I see if it's available it quotes £19.99,

Hmm, 25% of the speed for 80% of the price of NTL - not quite a price war then

Obviously the site isn't ready for the price cuts yet.

I don't even know when the offer starts but start it will!

UKOnline offers 512KB broadband for £9.99

How on earth can you look at that and make out it's not good news
Old 12-04-2005, 20:19   #898
Ignition
Permanently Banned

Services: Depends who's being serviced :p
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze
Ignition is cast in bronzeIgnition is cast in bronze

Site is fine, in areas where Easynet haven't installed their own equipment into the exchange the prices are:

500k/250k £19.99/mth
2000k/250k £29.99/mth

Both uncapped.

Where Easynet have their equipment:

500k/250k £9.99/mth
2000k/250k £19.99/mth

Both uncapped

8000k/500k £29.99/mth 500GB/mth fair usage.
Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 20:47   #899
purenuman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition
Site is fine, in areas where Easynet haven't installed their own equipment into the exchange the prices are:

500k/250k £19.99/mth
2000k/250k £29.99/mth

Both uncapped.

Where Easynet have their equipment:

500k/250k £9.99/mth
2000k/250k £19.99/mth

Both uncapped

8000k/500k £29.99/mth 500GB/mth fair usage.
Oh I see.................

I think