Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl online dating

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl online dating

Old 26-05-2006, 13:29   #16
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
Re: ntl online dating

NTL online dating, is that a new method to match you up with an Engineer who turns up?

Hi my names John an engineer from Sollihull, i can do Tuesday between 12pm and 4pm, i have my own car and a biiiiig toolbox.

If your interested, send a mail to johnsbigtoolbox@hotmail.com (my NTL mail dosent work), and i'll see if i can "fit you in".
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2006, 15:49   #17
Frank
cf.mega poster

Services: Beanfield 50/50 FTTH and iPTV
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura
Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
Money well spent? Don't you think it would be DatingDirect.com giving money to ntl?
Exactly. I'm sure any money and time taken up with this project was at Datingdirects expense, not ntls...
And I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about. Content costs money, and DatingDirect aren't going to be giving away their content for free, especially as it is rebranded as ntl's content. Do you seriously think that white label providers pay partners to give their services away???

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Still, any chance to **** and moan about ntl's a good'un.
I will quite happily admit that when I wrote the article I was extremely annoyed at ntl's failure to live up their part of an agreement that we have with them to provide information about new products and services. Of course, if you think that dating is a core part of the service then there isn't really much more I can say, is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited
This will be making money for NTL not losing money. But that does not make good news does it. Stick that in your anti NTL pipe and smoke it .
Indeed, please do stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 16:14   #18
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about. Content costs money, and DatingDirect aren't going to be giving away their content for free, especially as it is rebranded as ntl's content. Do you seriously think that white label providers pay partners to give their services away???
Rebranded eh?

http://www.ntlworld.com/scripts/redi..._zone=7669.8.2

Hopefully the link works here, but press it and see where it takes you

Quote:
I will quite happily admit that when I wrote the article I was extremely annoyed at ntl's failure to live up their part of an agreement that we have with them to provide information about new products and services. Of course, if you think that dating is a core part of the service then there isn't really much more I can say, is there?
Wow, how can people get so wound up over such things. Although I did find it mildly amusing, at least we know why its like that

Quote:
Indeed, please do stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Hope you enjoyed my post
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 16:19   #19
ben1390
cf.addict

ben1390 is on a distinguished roadben1390 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepomone
Hi All,
if you don't like the one you get just change to another Proxy.
Regards, George.
How do you do that? (BTW i have a Samsung STB if that helps)
ben1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 16:40   #20
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Hey, don't knock it.
You can sign up for free, I have 26 nubiles lined up for tonight.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 16:42   #21
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Doesn't work very well. Apparently Chester is within 5 miles of Belfast!
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 17:32   #22
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
Doesn't work very well. Apparently Chester is within 5 miles of Belfast!
Not only that because in my experience you get phantom messages from that website, with photos of lovely women claiming to be in your area. you are then expected to join to read the messages.

Also women are contacted and offered a payment for every message they send guys, I know a woman who had joined a few and after a period was asked to do that.

I had a period of dating site fun, and that is about the most useless of the lot.
Old 26-05-2006, 18:22   #23
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

If its free for stuff that dating direct normally charges for then I expect ntl have paid for it, if its chargeable as normal this is a money maker for ntl.

These dating sites I have tried datingdirect and yeah it allows you to search for free but even if you pay then if you send messages to free members they have to signup to recieve your messages so essentially signing up doesnt allow you to send messages to anyone you like but only to other paid up members, I think the free members are there just to boost the numbers but dont really get a service.

I doubt this has any bearing on funds used for other stuff such as upgrades, the costs involved are likely just changing the website and possibility of a fee paid to datingdirect but I bet ntl will get commision for signups originating from their site.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 18:48   #24
opelfruitcase
Inactive

opelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond reputeopelfruitcase has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
NTL online dating, is that a new method to match you up with an Engineer who turns up?

Hi my names John an engineer from Sollihull, i can do Tuesday between 12pm and 4pm, i have my own car and a biiiiig toolbox.

If your interested, send a mail to johnsbigtoolbox@hotmail.com (my NTL mail dosent work), and i'll see if i can "fit you in".
But if somebody forgets to book the appointment then the poor customer will get stood up!
opelfruitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 18:55   #25
Frank
cf.mega poster

Frank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden auraFrank has a golden aura

Quote:
Rebranded eh?
Okay, we can argue semantics all day, but your own screenshots show a big ntlworld logo at the top of the page. Perhaps branded is more appropriate than rebranded if you want to quibble. Clearly the content has some DatingDirect branding, but is also contained on ntlworld.com. Most people are aware that you can't just take content from another site without paying for it, whether it's rebranded or branded...

Quote:
http://www.ntlworld.com/scripts/redi..._zone=7669.8.2

Hopefully the link works here, but press it and see where it takes you
Not sure what link you are looking at, but I am looking at the URL http://app8.datingdirect.com/searchh...searchhome.asp which is ntl branded and sitting on a DatingDirect server (see attached). If you still insist that DD paid ntl and not vice versa for this then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
Quote:
Wow, how can people get so wound up over such things. Although I did find it mildly amusing, at least we know why its like that
Since you know nothing about our relationship with ntl, and what they have agreed to do, I don't really see how you can judge whether I am justified in getting wound up. I've been judged by many people for a long time since originally starting nthw, so one more doesn't really make any difference. And as I am all for openness, I had no problem telling you why my article was like it was. Shame ntl aren't so open eh?
Quote:
Hope you enjoyed my post
Certainly did, you went to quite a lot of trouble to highlight various parts of ntlworld.com and argue your case. Just think, we are mildly amusing each other now.
Old 26-05-2006, 18:55   #26
sarahlouise45
Inactive

Services: TV, BB + Phone
sarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to beholdsarahlouise45 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to sarahlouise45

NTL dating? HAHAHA - It's all a load of ********!!!
sarahlouise45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 18:59   #27
Frank
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I doubt this has any bearing on funds used for other stuff such as upgrades, the costs involved are likely just changing the website and possibility of a fee paid to datingdirect but I bet ntl will get commision for signups originating from their site.
For sure, costs for things like this come out of the ntlworld content budget which if of course competely separate from any budget allocated to network spending. However, it is quite frustrating when you see money being spent on things like this but read of network problems day after day in the broadband forum. And yes, I'm sure ntl will get commission for signups coming from ntlworld.com
Old 26-05-2006, 19:03   #28
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
Not sure what link you are looking at, but I am looking at the URL http://app8.datingdirect.com/searchh...searchhome.asp which is ntl branded and sitting on a DatingDirect server (see attached). If you still insist that DD paid ntl and not vice versa for this then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
OK, I'll walk you through it.

http://www.ntlworld.com/dating/

Click 'Find love online today'

Scroll down

Click 'Find love online now with Dating Direct'

In fact all of the links in the text on that page lead to datingdirect.com.

Your right we can argue technicalities all day but I'm only saying whats is there, in black and white.
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 20:23   #29
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
I will quite happily admit that when I wrote the article I was extremely annoyed at ntl's failure to live up their part of an agreement that we have with them to provide information about new products and services.
I don't know the details of your agreement with ntl, but maybe this wasn't considered worth telling you about. To me the datingdirect link doesn't look substantially different from HMV or William Hill or any other ad link on ntlworld.com. Are ntl really expected to tell you about every advertising deal they do?

If the datingdirect deal was considered newsworthy, I'd also expect to see a press release. But I don't.

All the same, well done to CF for plugging it
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 20:49   #30
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Do you think I will need a hat for a forum wedding
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote