Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl online dating

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL/Telewest Moving To India??

Old 07-06-2006, 19:51   #1
aj.musicmaestro
Inactive

aj.musicmaestro is an unknown quantity at this point
NTL/Telewest Moving To India??

Heya,

I know this is old news now, but I work for Telewest, but they are keeping everything from us at the office (Just giving us the old 'Your job is safe...for now'), so I was wondering if anyone has any more info on what is happening and when?

Everyone has kind of been left in the dark in my office, and the way that they told us in the first place annoyed a lot of people.

Thanks for your time,
aj.musicmaestro
aj.musicmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2006, 22:10   #2
luna
Inactive

luna is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NTL/Telewest Moving To India??

looks like everyones the same - i work for ntl and we were told the same thing when this all started and nothing since.
luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:31   #3
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Most call centres will be outsourced sooner or later the only ones left standing will be the ones who stick buy their workers and stay in the UK, many customers are fed up with the service we receive from Indian call centres, we get put through to people who's English is shocking.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:11   #4
hairy_mick
Inactive

hairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about themhairy_mick has a spectacular aura about them

i belive this will come back and bite them on the bum it now costs the customer money to call customer support and when you cant understand each other thats when tempers flair
now even india are sounding like the contractors there latest get rid of them quick is it will be onin 4 hours.
hairy_mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:59   #5
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

it's not just the english that's shocking - usually they talk utter crap.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:03   #6
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Im a Manager with ntl: and I have no more information than you so far evrything has remained at the top level.

The contract and management transfer of the Swansea ntl: office to IBM was the first step to closure, to be replaced by IBM's offshore operation.

I suspect all fault centres (Telewest) will follow. I think the transferring of people over to IBM under TAUP is to give them time to train up off shore and undoubtedly avoid some hefty redundancy payments.

You only need to look at our leaders history with LLoyds TSB to see a little of our future they use a handull of small on shore offices but most of their calls are routed to India.

The company is hoping to have a consolidated Customer Management System early next year assuming as always this takes a little longer as it alsways does most jobs in areas like customer services will be safe until then.

We announced 5000 job losses that could only really be achieved by losing customer facing staff
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:44   #7
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
Exactly.

Sometimes their english is good, but they talk complete crap.

I hope it doesn't move completly to India.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:34   #8
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

I was watching something on the TV yesterday about India, they said it's got the fastest growing economy in the world, it's even in front of China, I sat there and thought for a while and came up with the answer, they nearly have all our jobs.

Tesco were on about opening a store out there but the Government in India won't allow them as yet, they had a Tesco spokesman saying that they could save a forune in transport costs because most of their clothes are made out there. You see it's not just NTL / Telewest and all the banks that are moving to India Tesco are after going out there to.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:46   #9
the jackel
Inactive

the jackel is an unknown quantity at this point

Faults calls have already started going to India!
the jackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 14:25   #10
aj.musicmaestro
Inactive

aj.musicmaestro is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I know about Tesco, as in our building, Tesco was based but moved out earlier this year, and most of those employees came onto our desk...

Now they and us are having to move to another desk, which no one is really excited about.

Is it true that NTL:Telewest is going 50% to South Africa and 50% to India?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jackel
Faults calls have already started going to India!
This is what we have been thinking in the office, as our calls have dropped SO much!

But when we asked about it, management told us they knew nothing about this?!

When we get customers come through most of them complain about just speaking to a person with an indian accent, and they had to put the phone down....Would be nice to know when we will be losing our jobs...
aj.musicmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:59   #11
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

wouldn't it be good if ntl had a sysem where you could press 1 to talk to a advisor based in the uk, or press 2 to talk to a advisor based in another country. Then they would really know who the customers prefer to talk to.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 13:30   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

It's my experience that the Indian staff are more likely to book you an engineer because they can't solve the problem.Suits me.
Old 11-06-2006, 14:43   #13
mmm
cf.geek

mmm has a spectacular aura about themmmm has a spectacular aura about themmmm has a spectacular aura about themmmm has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
and the systems they have access to! I phoned to report a network fault following a thunderstorm - no cable light on modem and modem diags said no recieved power, and neighbour down the road on a different green box was also down so the fault was further up the network. I was told a dozen times to reboot my PC so she could run diagnostics on it. Or power everything down and phone back if it didn't work (after 30mins already on hold!) I tried to explain that it wasn't my PC, and my firewalls wouldn't allow her to run anything on them either (I didn't dare mention the router and multiple PCs and I had tried connecting direct to modem).

The fault centre clearly didn't even have ability to tracert my cable modem and see which box had failed, claimed no one else in my area had same fault .

A couple of years ago we had the same fault (again after thunderstorm) and a pleasant Welsh fellow immediately diagnozed the fault and booked an engineer to fix it without needing a technician to call with only a couple of minutes of free phonecall. It took 63 minutes (@10p per minute*) and ended up with an unnecessary home visit engineer booked (I either had to accept this or close the fault - coz they couldn't see a network fault).

* Promised refund by UK based customer service after complaint - I was prepared to take the complaint to ofcom/ tv / newspapers but ofcom told me to go through ntl complaints procedure first.
mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 21:37   #14
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack001
Exactly.

Sometimes their english is good, but they talk complete crap.

I hope it doesn't move completly to India.
and there are plenty of examples.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...222#post759222
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 21:57   #15
themelon
Inactive

themelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
It's my experience that the Indian staff are more likely to book you an engineer because they can't solve the problem.Suits me.
It normally takes about an hour to confirm DPA!! I Absoluteley despise speaking to these clowns, I hope I never have to ring them, if I do and have any issues which are not solved then I will be off like a shot! Whats the betting Customer Relations will still be UK based!!
themelon is offline   Reply With Quote