Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Old 12-06-2006, 16:12   #541
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

well hubbys just phoned me as the engineer has just been and apparently he had to move us in the cabinet as we were being affected by the heat????
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2006, 17:05   #542
MFKR78
Inactive

MFKR78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha that's hilarious
MFKR78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 17:08   #543
susie r
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV size XL, Telephone & 2mg Broadband
susie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation erasusie r has entered a golden reputation era

My connection has been "off" more than "on" for the past 3 days!!! even the tv keeps going off now!!! It does seem to be a problem with a lot of people here at the mo
susie r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 17:09   #544
colonelblighty
Inactive

Services: Digital T.V. samsung 2110 box 10mb broadband NTL phoneline
colonelblighty is an unknown quantity at this point

My connection is back up to strength again now but I can't help wondering for how long.

looked at the modem and downstrean SNR has changed from 22db to 29db which reading the sticky at the top of the forum is what it should be.
colonelblighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 16:00   #545
ntluser1234
Inactive

ntluser1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I have had the same problems over the last few days in KT15.

I use my ntl cable modem with two computers (only one connected at any time), on one I use the USB connection and on the other I use the Ethernet. This has worked fine for months. Today everything is okay when using my USB connection, but I cannot get any response when using the Ethernet. This has never been a problem before this weekend, so I am wondering if this is related to the ongoing problems or if it must be a problem at my end? I don't know if it is even possible for one to work and not the other, but would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Thanks.
ntluser1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 17:16   #546
James Henry
Permanently Banned

James Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKR78
Haha that's hilarious
More hilarious is that the engineer could easily be telling the truth, heat affects amplifier and laser performance and conductivity of cable and connections.

You have every right to feel like a bit of a tool if you are so inclined.
James Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 17:30   #547
MFKR78
Inactive

MFKR78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it can, just with the amount of sheer bull I've heard from employees over time it's easy to laugh when you hear such things.
MFKR78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 23:18   #548
Visitor
Inactive

Services: Broadband
Visitor is on a distinguished roadVisitor is on a distinguished road
Free downgrade

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the same...

The last few days the cable modem has been switched off and on a few times by NTL, and yesterday I did a check. I had the 4Mb upgrade, so that explaines why the modem was switched off on on...

Tonight it started again, and when it settled down, I did a check and im back on 2Mb

Coventry... wating for modem to come back on before I click submit

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

Its back on, even worse

1st 128K took 625 ms = 209715 Bytes/sec = approx 1745 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 656 ms = 199805 Bytes/sec = approx 1662 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 812 ms = 161419 Bytes/sec = approx 1343 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 657 ms = 199501 Bytes/sec = approx 1660 kbits/sec
Visitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 02:11   #549
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Free downgrade

There's a perfectly good thread for this...
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 08:33   #550
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to AbyssUnderground

WTF? Now IM back on 2Mbps!?!?!

And I dont care if there is another thread, what the hell is going on?!
AbyssUnderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 08:50   #551
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssUnderground
And I dont care if there is another thread, what the hell is going on?!
We do, & this thread will get merged shortly.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 10:53   #552
Visitor
Inactive

Services: Broadband
Visitor is on a distinguished roadVisitor is on a distinguished road
Re: [Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Oh well, back on 4Mb again

Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:44:00 UTC
1st 128K took 265 ms = 494611 Bytes/sec = approx 4115 kbits/sec
2nd 128K took 266 ms = 492752 Bytes/sec = approx 4100 kbits/sec
3rd 128K took 266 ms = 492752 Bytes/sec = approx 4100 kbits/sec
4th 128K took 265 ms = 494611 Bytes/sec = approx 4115 kbits/sec

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntluser1234
Hi all. I have had the same problems over the last few days in KT15.

I use my ntl cable modem with two computers (only one connected at any time), on one I use the USB connection and on the other I use the Ethernet. This has worked fine for months. Today everything is okay when using my USB connection, but I cannot get any response when using the Ethernet. This has never been a problem before this weekend, so I am wondering if this is related to the ongoing problems or if it must be a problem at my end? I don't know if it is even possible for one to work and not the other, but would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Thanks.
You need a router, I remember when I switched from USB to Ethernet there were lots of problems, as NTL want to see the LAN MAC address or something, although I was told you could have 2 devices.
Visitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 11:06   #553
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

You must remember to reboot the modem in between using this method, you can knacker the ports constantly plugging/unplugging, the simplest way would be to get a cheap router.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 16:51   #554
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I have had 4 disconnects today, hopefully it is a short term problem
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 20:59   #555
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Slow as hell this evening on the Wirral.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote