Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Old 06-06-2006, 22:09   #436
jakeanders
Inactive

Services: ntl Family Pack, 2Mbps Broadband
jakeanders is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannyc
Looks like the screen you might get when you have to sign up when you first get NTL, although it's been 5 years since we did all that sign on stuff.
Have you tried clicking on the log in button and seeing where it takes you? Its not quite the same as the broadband set up...
jakeanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2006, 22:12   #437
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Well at least NTL have acknowledged that there is a problem this time and are working on it. This has to be a first. We should all receive a discount on our next bill onsidering how many times this has happened lately.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:13   #438
marcus
Inactive

marcus is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

So how many of Ntl's employee's do u think uses BT services?? probably most as they know how crap Ntl is!!
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:13   #439
jingleman

Re: [Merged]-Major connection issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingleman
Shall we take a bet it may be a Friday again, next time
Oh dear, I was wrong
Old 06-06-2006, 22:16   #440
seannyc
Inactive

Services: NTL 4MB, 3 Phone Lines, Sky TV
seannyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
So how many of Ntl's employee's do u think uses BT services?? probably most as they know how crap Ntl is!!
The same amount of STB techs who admitted that they used Sky when they came to replace those dreaded Pace boxes.
seannyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:18   #441
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
silly comment considering everyone knows it's an NTL fault.
Not Really a silly comment mate considering how many people come out of the woodwork and just Bitch about NTL and their problems instead of posting in the forum on a regular basis and helping and contributing to the site.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:18   #442
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeanders
Oh yeah, and why is there never a problem for anyone getting to Cable Forum?! Certainly I've never had a problem with it, but then I guess if people couldn't get to it, they wouldn't be able to tell us...
I would respectfully like to point out Cable Forum is completely independent of NTL.I'm thankful it is one of the few places that is not affected because it's here to give everyone who has any problems with ntl.telewest a voice.Make no mistake your complaints WILL be getting through to someone by a variety of means.
Old 06-06-2006, 22:20   #443
coventrycityfan
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital, Freeview NTL 1MB NTL Phone
coventrycityfan is on a distinguished roadcoventrycityfan is on a distinguished road

Nice to see on the server page they've finally updated at 9pm but again Questions need to be asked
Why should i fork out all this money over the past couple of years believe me i was on dial-up when it looks like to me they cannot even afford half decent DNS Servers?
And will they learn from tonight? Well from the past it appears not.
Why does it take 3 and a half hours to know what the problem was? Seems to me like their CS they are trying to make an 'excuse'
NTL are ripping us off truly
coventrycityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:21   #444
jakeanders
Inactive

Services: ntl Family Pack, 2Mbps Broadband
jakeanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I would respectfully like to point out Cable Forum is completely independent of NTL.I'm thankful it is one of the few places that is not affected because it's here to give everyone who has any problems with ntl.telewest a voice.Make no mistake your complaints WILL be getting through to someone by a variety of means.
Oh don't worry, I wasn't suggesting it wasn't independent, just it's lucky that there have never been problems. I'd like to be able to post on this site more generally just just about problems, but not sure how I could help anyone... will give it a go though.
jakeanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:25   #445
mandrake
Inactive

Services: vm xl
mandrake is on a distinguished roadmandrake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I think I'm right in saying that no one who is having problems with their connection is having a go at the great ntl techs who give so much of their time on this forum.
thanks guys
mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:25   #446
nadeem
Inactive

nadeem is an unknown quantity at this point

this is taking the mick,
all day i haven't been able to access any sites.

i'll contact c/s for an explanation why im not getting the service i've paid for over the past 3 months.

is this just isolated to cable broadband or adsl included.
nadeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:25   #447
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Question Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

still need more signitures, if you have signed it please forward to people you know.

the document attatched is blank for privacy reasons but we have a fair few signed it and is in a document waiting for more people.

Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:26   #448
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser
Not Really a silly comment mate considering how many people come out of the woodwork and just Bitch about NTL and their problems instead of posting in the forum on a regular basis and helping and contributing to the site.
this is what you said

Quote:
Give NTL a chance for gods sake.!!!!!!!!!
As soon as so much as a rumour of something for nothing comes along, everyone wants it NOW,NOW,NOW!!!!!!!! Be Patient.
It comes to those that wait.
Don`t forget, You have a choice, if you don`t like the service provided, **** off somewhere else and stop climbing on our tits and making a pain in the **** of yourselves.
Most of the people on here who complain about NTL`s service have not bothered to set up their PC`s or Modems or Routers properly and then blame the service provider for shoddy service.
telling people to **** off if they dont like the service provided isn't silly?
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:27   #449
Barewolf
Inactive

Services: Talk Talk 1.5mb wishing it was Virgin 20mb
Barewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful oneBarewolf is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Barewolf
Question Re: Major connection issues! 6/6/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barewolf
still need more signitures, if you have signed it please forward to people you know.

the document attatched is blank for privacy reasons but we have a fair few signed it and is in a document waiting for more people.

Again for those just joining
Barewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 22:28   #450
homealone

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
silly comment considering everyone knows it's an NTL fault.
just a thought..

previously a similar major connectivity problem was attributed to a ddos attack
on the NTL dns servers.

while wondering why they can't deal with this more effectively, if it is the case, this time, it is hardly their 'fault' that someone would attempt to screw up their service like this.

- unfortunately, for very good reasons, NTL will not be able to give any clues, at all, to what they are doing about it ...