Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl bottom in USwitch poll.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL postal mail spam? Gah!!!!

Old 24-04-2006, 14:36   #1
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age
NTL postal mail spam? Gah!!!!

Since moving to our new home, we get at least three letters per week addressed to "The occupier"
All of them, are from NTL
I got another this morning and i've just about had enough

Does anyone know where I can complain to?
I signed up with the mail preference service when we first moved in and they can't take action against companies who address mail to "the occupier"
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2006, 14:46   #2
sirsimon
Inactive

Services: ntl broadband 2mb sports and movies collection & virgin mobile user
sirsimon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to sirsimon Send a message via Yahoo to sirsimon
Question Re: NTL postal mail spam? Gah!!!!

i presume you have tried the obvious and sent them all back saying no longer here or not interested maybe write to address on rear of the envelope saying have no interest thanks but no thanks ??OR do this put in bin & ignore its junk mail so bin it if not wanted
sirsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 16:55   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: NTL postal mail spam? Gah!!!!

Address an envelope to NTL, put said junk in the envelope with no stamp, put in the post.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 17:14   #4
khado
Inactive

Services: NTL TV, 1Meg Broadband And NTL Phone
khado will become famous soon enoughkhado will become famous soon enoughkhado will become famous soon enough

or, u could simply, save up all the letters, and when your having a BBQ burn them to hell, tell all your friends how much u hate NTL,
lol
khado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 17:43   #5
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph
Address an envelope to NTL, put said junk in the envelope with no stamp, put in the post.
Make sure it's a heavy envelope as well

Best way to go in my (limited) experience, they get the message eventually.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 19:26   #6
phoenix__
Inactive

phoenix__ is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/ - I've not used that one but after signing up to the TPS, which seems to be the same service just for phone instead of post, and I haven't had any calls since <touch wood>.

-Jeff
phoenix__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 21:03   #7
DaggaDagga
Inactive

Services: Royal Mail snail mail. No telly. Wind-up gramophone. Posts: 125,837.56
DaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant futureDaggaDagga has a brilliant future

The junk mail register only affects mail addressed to an individual.

I doubt even NTL would want to harass you like this. Is it possible that they've messed up their leaflet delivering? Perhaps the idiot they employ doesn't realise he has to deliver to the whole town, not just one street.

Give them a ring, someone might get a slap for doing this. Surely no sane company would want to carpet-bomb like this.

I've always had the odd mailshot every few months from NTL.
DaggaDagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 11:55   #8
thelem
cf.addict

Services: Portsmouth: ntl Family, 2Mbps and Talk Unlimited Bristol: Telewest Supreme, 4Mbps and Talk Unlimite
thelem is on a distinguished roadthelem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thelem Send a message via AIM to thelem Send a message via Yahoo to thelem

Its hard to stop mail like this, because there is no database you can get yourself removed from. The same mail will be sent to all houses in your area.
thelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 11:46   #9
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Just play the system

How many junk letters a week do you recieve that include a Freepost Reply Envelope ??

save all the envelopes, then once a week shuffle all the junk mail into these envelopes and post them

it doesn't cost you anything, keeps the postmen in work, and gives the recipients the chance to say "wtf - who's sending me all this garbage"

Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 19:02   #10
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth
Just play the system

How many junk letters a week do you recieve that include a Freepost Reply Envelope ??

save all the envelopes, then once a week shuffle all the junk mail into these envelopes and post them

it doesn't cost you anything, keeps the postmen in work, and gives the recipients the chance to say "wtf - who's sending me all this garbage"

Now that I like!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 06:47   #11
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth
Just play the system

LOL that's great, thanks
The annoying part is they come in different types of envelope, some unmarked, some marked
Some brown, some white
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 16:48   #12
UnReaL
Inactive

UnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really niceUnReaL is just really nice

I had three sent to my house this week too, I just did'nt take notice of them although I knew I'm already with NTL, just picked em up an threw em in the bin.

They did say ''the occupier'', which is jokes.
UnReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 21:28   #13
bwales
Inactive

bwales is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelem
Its hard to stop mail like this, because there is no database you can get yourself removed from. The same mail will be sent to all houses in your area.

Not strictly true. I work NTL in customer services ( don't shoot! - I come in peace)

Ring customer services and request that your details are added to the "Do not Contact list"

hth
bwales is offline   Reply With Quote