Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Car Phone Warehouse BB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Ukonline LLU or Not LLU That is the Question

Old 24-04-2006, 19:19   #1
Bill C

Ukonline LLU or Not LLU That is the Question

For those that have followed my sorry tale in the other parts of the forum i gave NTL the big kick this month.

However Beware of Snakes in the grass on the other side. I was told when i signed up for Ukonline that my mux was full on LLU but if i signed up on the BT mux they would move me on the day of install to the llu mux.

With me so far.

I was told that by the time i was working there would be more capacity on the llu mux and that i could move to that. However i have been told today that might be wrong and i might have to wait up to 2 months before there is room.

I have given Ukonline till tomorrow to sort there lives out and tell me something that is truthful or i will be asking for a mac code from them. They have agreed to give me the mac code tomorrow if they cannot put me on the llu mux instead of the bt one. I was informed last week that they would move me today however i have since been told 2 different stories and if they don't tell me the truth tomorrow then the can sod off. I will then migrate to Evaluation Broadband until BE go live in my Exchange in August.

Come back here tomorrow for a update.
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2006, 20:41   #2
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
Re: Ukonline LLU or Not LLU That is the Question

Sorry to hear of your continued woes mate, keep us informed
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 21:01   #3
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

I have been looking at ADSL ISPs and have my eye on one that has decent deals and talking to them on the phone, they know what they are talking about.
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 23:56   #4
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

what's a mux?

and good luck - dont let the idiots get you down.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 00:03   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
what's a mux?

and good luck - dont let the idiots get you down.
Short for "Multiplexer"
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 00:04   #6
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph
Short for "Multiplexer"
*n00b alert*

What does a multiplexer do exactly? Does it control the flow of traffic etc? or... ?
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 00:06   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplexer

have a read, probably will explain a lot

One of these is what you'll find in a BT exchange

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...ss_multiplexer
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 07:07   #8
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude
Sorry to hear of your continued woes mate, keep us informed

thanks.

If they have not phoned me by 12.00, i will be back on to them and this time the gloves will come off.
Old 25-04-2006, 09:01   #9
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited
thanks. If they have not phoned me by 12.00, i will be back on to them and this time the gloves will come off.
Fight fight fi... erm...

Good luck to you, only a few short hours til you know for sure then
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 10:36   #10
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
Quote:
thanks. If they have not phoned me by 12.00, i will be back on to them and this time the gloves will come off.
Fight fight fi... erm...

Ok update

I know have my mac and have signed up with evalution broadband.
Old 25-04-2006, 11:42   #11
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

thanks for the mux explanations folks.

ukonline staff had better get their act together as soon they will be known as sky broadband and murdock's people wont tollerate incompetence.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 14:48   #12
Bill C

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fight fight fi... erm...

Ok update

I know have my mac and have signed up with evolution broadband.
So what happened this morning.

Well i did not get the call back i was promised so i phoned them.

They told me the person dealing with my connection was on the phone and will phone me back as soon as he had finished on the phone.

He did NOT phone back so i phoned again 1 hours later.

Again told he was busy but stuck to the phone and asked to talk to a manager "sounds of panic" ok will get you mac now he said please hold.

On hold for 10 mins when he came back with the m.a.c. could here someone shouting in the back ground "here's the *****mac"

Made sure they also email the mac to me.

So Ukonline you are taking after your new parent company for customer service and winding users up .

Must be a record 4 days to totally **** me off, At least NTL took 2 months
Old 26-04-2006, 04:55   #13
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

thats shambolic selling you an llu service when you was really on bt ipstream.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 17:51   #14
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 18:00   #15
Enuff

Quote:
*n00b alert*

What does a multiplexer do exactly? Does it control the flow of traffic etc? or... ?
I've no idea, it sounds like it belongs in the kitchen... and nowhere near the road!