Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June Price Rises?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

June Price Rises?

Old 25-03-2006, 20:41   #16
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: June Price Rises?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I'm confused again.Line Rental? I thought the phone was free with DTV.
No No No No No-Phone line rental is not free with ntl DTV.

You pay £10.50 over the price of the TV package & they 'include' line rental, they don't sell it without the phone as if they did no one would take it as it's completely inferior to BT's in pretty much every way.

It's been a bone of contention for years, if you look at the prices on their website it shows (for example) £19.50* , then at the bottom it says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl
*Price excludes £10.50 phone line rental which you must take with your TV Pack
Ah but I'm someone who has cable because I hate BT.I would never go back to them.The final straw was when the line went down when I was in labour and had to go and knock up a neighbour in the early hours to use their cable connection because BT was down for everyone in the street.In all the time I've had cable through Nynex and C&W and now NTL I've had no trouble like that I had with BT.I would have had the cable phone without DTV if I could and I knew lots of people who also wanted it without the strings.

I personally have had no problems with the cable phone in all the time I've been using the service EXCEPT for the issue of 24/7,dial-up isp's that were not compatible with cable but of course that was solved with BB.

Now normal service is resumed or in other words back on topic.
Old 25-03-2006, 20:47   #17
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

hurry up and update us with the latest news neil!
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 20:53   #18
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Well-I've just had some very interesting info passed to me regarding these price rises....

I'm in the process of verifying it now (no offence to the 'passer' if you're reading this-you know I trust you )

I'll update you ASAP, but if it is true then it isn't good news.
Neil just a rough "guess" how bad is it for us the loyal customers paying their NTL bills???

is it looking like price rises like hell??? if so then I might just have reasons to leave NTL and look for another provider
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 21:10   #19
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

perhaps the latest info is broadband is also going up!
Old 25-03-2006, 21:11   #20
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
perhaps the latest info is broadband is also going up!
nope
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 11:06   #21
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Ok-I'm still having this verified by various peeps, so please don't come back & shoot/flame etc me if it's not correct/false etc.

Quote:
*Line rental going up to £11

*Additional line rental going to £11 also (from £7!)

*All TV packages remaining the same

*TU24 and TU going down 50p each

*New call plan for weekends, a freebie; could cause problems with TU24 custs

*A £10 charge for LOWERING your package (I believe thats on ntlworld.com anyway)

*The infamous £32.99 deal is going up to £34.99 due to price increases.
Now I'm not quite sure what that "infamous £32.99 deal" actually is, but as I said-I still having this checked out, but I thought I'd share what I had with you anyway.

Like I said-it's not gospel yet & may even be fake, but I do trust the source.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 11:35   #22
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Neil you gotta be kidding me....10 quid charge if you want to lower your account...

hope this is just a april fools of NTL cuz telephone going up again.. I hate this as I dont use the phone would gladly just ditch the phone and keep the dtv of NTL but that aint going to happen
Old 26-03-2006, 11:50   #23
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch
Neil you gotta be kidding me....10 quid charge if you want to lower your account...

hope this is just a april fools of NTL cuz telephone going up again.. I hate this as I dont use the phone would gladly just ditch the phone and keep the dtv of NTL but that aint going to happen
I did say that this was still being verified.....

I think that when Mick spoke to ntl they said to him on the phone a few weeks back that they were dropping that lowering charge, but that's the same ntl that in Jan gave out a customer charter with the CS number listed as 0800 052 2000, then 6 or 7 weeks later promply changed their minds & went to 0845/0870 contact numbers.

They really cannot be trusted IMO.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 12:22   #24
UncleBooBoo

Hehehehe it's gone from £4 to £0 and zoooooooomed up to £10!

Won't be effecting me anyway!

I've ditched NTL and will never use them again, in my opinion they are now one of the most expensive providers around with the worst CS department I have ever had to use!
Old 26-03-2006, 14:06   #25
DocDutch
argh

Neil, quickie here.... why is NTL so hell bent at trying to lose their customers of late....
  1. charging for changes to your account
  2. charges for calling them when their service has gone down or they made a mistake.
  3. never giving any real answers or updates on whats happening on their network (thankfully I'm 1 of the lucky few that has got a 10mb connection)
  4. no firm date on anything really.
ow well we choose to use NTL
Old 26-03-2006, 15:24   #26
etccarmageddon
Inactive

the £32.99 deal could be that 3 for £33 deal
Old 26-03-2006, 16:46   #27
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

The one that is currently being advertised on Channel NTL for existing customers
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 17:19   #28
simon9975
Inactive

Services: T/U 24 4MB B/B Family pack/s/sports/movies
simon9975 will become famous soon enoughsimon9975 will become famous soon enoughsimon9975 will become famous soon enough

Well i'll be cancelling the tv/phone and just keep the 2meg b/b

Having sky in so not losing anything there and phone wise got a good contract phone so not losing there either.

Looks like ntl are going to lose customers due to them having a good share in the market,
starting to get greedy i think.
simon9975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 22:25   #29
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

So I assume the procedure for downgrading is now something like this

1 - Ring up ntl
2 - Ask to downgrade package
3 - Informed £10 fee
4 - Ask for retentions cancelling services.
5 - Tell retentions reason for cancelling.
6 - Downgrade complete free of charge and if lucky freebie thrown in.
7 - Ntl still profited as the retentions addition to call added to call revenue.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 23:16   #30
SLM
Inactive

SLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud ofSLM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
6 - Downgrade complete free of charge and if lucky freebie thrown in.
This is may be why the prices are going up as there are people always after "freebies"
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote