Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Speeds and Throttling

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Belkin wireless router

Old 23-09-2006, 23:14   #1
koshba
Inactive

koshba is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin wireless router

Hi every1 i need some help for my friend,recently from bulldog he has changed to blueyonder.His pc is upstairs but his cable internet connection is downstairs,it worked no problem at all with bulldog.Is there a how to configure read me or can some1 please advise us hot to go about this please,thanks in advance chaps.
koshba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2006, 23:19   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Belkin wireless router

Bulldog is ADSL and unless your mate is taking BB through a telephone line the router will not work with NTL/ TW which is DSL. What router model is it?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 23:25   #3
koshba
Inactive

Hi Paul i just called my mate he will be home in 15 mins,and he will give me the model number of the router,thanks.
Old 23-09-2006, 23:45   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Ask your mate how he gets the BB feed to the PC, if a SACM (Stand alone cable modem) or STB (Set top box) is involved then he needs to get a DSL (cable) router.
Old 23-09-2006, 23:56   #5
koshba
Inactive

Hi Paul telewest has put the internet connection downstairs because my mate didnt want any wholes in the wall upstairs[dont ask me why].His pc is going to remain upstairs,how do we configure the cable modem to send internet signal upstairs via the belkin router, is there something we need to input on the pc,btw he hasnt rung back yet to tell me the model of the router.
Old 24-09-2006, 10:18   #6
Paul K
Inactive

Bulldog have given you an ADSL modem, I'm guessing your mate has standard TW BB which is DSL. If that is the case you need to get a wireless DSL router. Once you have that, shut down the TW SACM, shut down PC, connect the router to the SACM, reboot SACM, wait for lights to lock/ settle, reboot router, wait for lights to lock/ settle, reboot PC.
Old 24-09-2006, 11:17   #7
koshba
Inactive

Morning Paul thanks mate ill give him the info and ill let you know how he gets on,thanks again mate.