Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Internet access problems - 07 Mar 2006

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

NTL Internet access problems - 07 Mar 2006

Old 07-03-2006, 20:02   #31
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is there a problem on NTL Internet access?

ebay is drawing a page for me and I can sign in but cant get to my ebay. Pain
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 20:02   #32
grubbymitts
Inactive

grubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quads

somebody better put 50p in the meter at NTL!
grubbymitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:03   #33
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

Yah here in Manchester - gmails down some google searches don't work, and even some parts of sites are selective.
Kliro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:03   #34
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Im just about back to normal now but very slow. GU postcode.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:05   #35
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbymitts
somebody better put 50p in the meter at NTL!
lol

It's really giving up tonight isnt it.
Come on lovely NTL server...... dont give up now. Get a grip and reboot yourself .!!!

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:06   #36
grubbymitts
Inactive

grubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quads

no yahoo mail GRRR
Old 07-03-2006, 20:10   #37
inviroman
Inactive

Services: 10 meg cable modem ntl 250
inviroman is an unknown quantity at this point

got the same problem in essex rm
inviroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:11   #38
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerL
Big problems in Manchester (Baguley proxy)
Agreed
Old 07-03-2006, 20:13   #39
lardboy
Inactive

lardboy is on a distinguished roadlardboy is on a distinguished road

Seems to be affecting NTL newserver as well.

I get "MSG=DNS - Unable to find server's address" for the NTL server in newsbin but newshosting is fine.
lardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:13   #40
jonifen
Inactive

jonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro
Yah here in Manchester - gmails down some google searches don't work, and even some parts of sites are selective.
Yup, same here (nr. Manchester)...

It appears anything it can load from a cache works (google - but perhaps only common searches), but anything secure or like webmail won't work at all.
jonifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:14   #41
nemesis01
Inactive

Services: 120MB BB - Sky+ HD
nemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to nemesis01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzoe
Getting lots of server not found messages and unable to access NTL status page. I have tried another proxy and that's not working at all.

I'm in DN16 area.
i'm also in sunny scunny getting lots of 404, sometimes proxy helps but mostly not.
nemesis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:14   #42
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: ntl DNS servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by levig
dragon is already in the post below yours mate http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=44111

NTL got big big DNS and Poxy problems at the moment.... beeb, ebay, google and some other sites arent reachable
im not saying the NTL dns servers are a problem, im pretty sure that this issue is the router here as when i try to open about 3 sites at once on my laptop it seems to upset it and cause it to not route traffic correctly on port 80.

I want to see if specifying the DNS server resolves the problem as the DHCP on the router is issueing its own IP as the DHCP server so my computer is first asking the router to do the DNS lookup rather than the DNS servers.

I don't want my computer to do that i want to to send the dns request to the DNS server rather then first trying to ask the router to do the dns lookup.

i got the first IP 194.168.4.100 from the routers status page but it doesn't list a secondary DNS server so im guessing with the 194.168.4.101.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:15   #43
Jerry Shaw
Inactive

Jerry Shaw is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the service status page there are no listed problems!!!

What a load of crap that is. LOL
Jerry Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:15   #44
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

anywhere is problems..... NTL DNS and PRoxy servers are both toasted
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:16   #45
grubbymitts
Inactive

I am using nott-cache-1.server.ntli.net (I am usually on the baguley one) but it isn't much cop. Cable Forum loads up okay (thank god, or I'd be screaming at the PC by now thinking I was being Dos'd) but nothing much else.

I first realised something was wrong when Yahoo Mail gave me a right strange messed up password page. Then google borked. So...hmmm