Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:17   #841
Kaychsea
Inactive

Services: VM TV XL, VM BB M
Kaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really nice
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Never had any real problems. The latest issue that I needed to contact them about was broadband through a Pace DTB dying Friday evening before Christmas. Called CS and got through inside 5 minutes. After telling them that I'd reset the box and the computer, tried a few ipconfig things the tech at the end of the line tried interrogating the box, couldn't and said they would get an engineer out. The earliest they could manage was the following Thursday (as it was over the Christmas period I wasn't surprised) but as both myself and the missus were back at work it would have to be the 30th. Internet did come back after a day or so but we had been having reset issues with the Pace so kept the appontment live. Engineer duly turns up listens to the problems we'd been having and tells me that he can spend some time checking for the fault or swap the box out. Went for the swap out and now have a brand new Samsung.

It took two calls to get the BB running again as the password for the PID had been reset but again the calls took around 10 mins each.

Given when the fault occurred I couldn't blame them for the timescales they proposed, so I'd say pretty well done.
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2007, 15:27   #842
kriz105
Inactive

kriz105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

OK well I was supposed to have had my ntl services installed on Saturday 13th January 2007. Sadly it was left mid installation with no further correspondenc or explanation

The installation engineer arrived within the allocated time slot (11am) and installed the cable and set top box and modem, but towards what I assume was the end of the installation informed me that the installation could not be completed as the service needed to ‘catch up’ with the box and that a supervisor would return to my house the same day to complete the installation. He left at about 12.20pm.

At 3pm I called customer services to explain that I was anxious that the supervisor had not contacted me. I was informed that my account had be ‘flagged’ and that the supervisor would ‘definitely be with me’, Nobody came. I stayed home all day and evening. Becuase i was told that they would be there.

It is now Monday 15th January and after hearing nothing and despite making more than 10 calls to customer services and receiving promises of a call back from the installation engineer manager and a visit from an engineer today, I have heard absolutely nothing!

I am appalled at the complete lack of customer focus and care the NTL staff have shown in this case, what a shockingly bad start!

As it currently stands I have a set top box and modem and nothing more. My previous service provider has been ended and I am now without either TV or internet services.

And no idea when its going to be resolved as no one can tell me!

Anyone else suffered this ? I am so dissapointed

Quite apart from the inconvenience caused by the ntl engineers’ lack of care, I now have to waste my time trying to organize their staff for a return visit to complete the job.
Old 15-01-2007, 15:56   #843
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

kriz, to CableForum.

This thread isn't really for detailed descriptions of specific problems. If you create a new thread in the relevant forum area, we can refer this problem to the site's contacts within NTL.
Old 15-01-2007, 16:19   #844
Easyjet
Inactive

Easyjet is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the wonderful world of NTL Kriz105. It wouldn't be the first or last time you will need to contact them. The very best of LUCK!
Old 20-01-2007, 18:12   #845
berties40
Inactive

berties40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

I feel very miserable at the moment, why we changed from Sky I will never know, oh yes, NTL had an offer so we took up broadband, TV and phone.
They came to fit on the 15th Dec, to fit all wiring 10 mins, bearing in mind they drilled an hole from one room to another for broadband connection, ripped my wallpaper, broke several decorations from my Christmas Tree and nail the cable through my £40 metre wood floor, scrstched my TV, did not put the wiring round the skirtings but, took the wire across the front of the radiator (hot pipes and all) did not fit the wiring to fit skirting and then nailed the cable onto my floor across the front of the fire place and round, I cried when I examined the work. They could have take along a skirting board and round a door casing?? supervisor came back to do this he then damaged a radiator and nailed the cable to the wall instead of the skirting.

I have taken photos and will be taking through to smallclaims. The installion people were COBRA for the Lancashire area NTL - our first phone bill was not ours but someone elses they had to put new wiring in the box!!

They had charged us for calls when we are on tal unlimited.

Have had a reply to a recorded letterI sent saying that customer services would get in touch that was over 2 weeks ago. Have been offered compensation but but would not pay for any of the damage. They did send a joiner round who sub-contracts for Cobra to take out the nails and fill in the holes with cosmetic stain, you can still see it!! But they were very busy making right what Cobra had nmade a mess of.

The supervisor was very rude who visited after the istallion and stated that he had pulled up outside and spoken to his boss and said "god, this is a nice house, not one of the usual messes' he continued to say that he would not have expected installation like this in one of the house they see has a mess - holding his nose" should this make a difference??

Think I have tracked HO down for cobra and if it takes 18 months I will see them in the small claims.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz105 View Post
OK well I was supposed to have had my ntl services installed on Saturday 13th January 2007. Sadly it was left mid installation with no further correspondenc or explanation

The installation engineer arrived within the allocated time slot (11am) and installed the cable and set top box and modem, but towards what I assume was the end of the installation informed me that the installation could not be completed as the service needed to ‘catch up’ with the box and that a supervisor would return to my house the same day to complete the installation. He left at about 12.20pm.

At 3pm I called customer services to explain that I was anxious that the supervisor had not contacted me. I was informed that my account had be ‘flaggedâà ¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ and that the supervisor would ‘definitely be with me’, Nobody came. I stayed home all day and evening. Becuase i was told that they would be there.

It is now Monday 15th January and after hearing nothing and despite making more than 10 calls to customer services and receiving promises of a call back from the installation engineer manager and a visit from an engineer today, I have heard absolutely nothing!

I am appalled at the complete lack of customer focus and care the NTL staff have shown in this case, what a shockingly bad start!

As it currently stands I have a set top box and modem and nothing more. My previous service provider has been ended and I am now without either TV or internet services.

And no idea when its going to be resolved as no one can tell me!

Anyone else suffered this ? I am so dissapointed

Quite apart from the inconvenience caused by the ntl engineers’ lack of care, I now have to waste my time trying to organize their staff for a return visit to complete the job.
---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Dont Have Them - You Have Got Away Lightly!!!
Old 21-01-2007, 06:41   #846
gdytua
Inactive

gdytua is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to gdytua

Tell you my story ***** it started the 28 Dec 2006 and is still going on by the way still no telephone line
I actualy feel sorry for customer service staff they are very very hard pushed
I was actualy told by one of them 'will phone you back befor 3pm i am in a quew this was 0930am
What else can i say well
took over 45 mins of continualy going round then spoke to INDIA who could not understand me and I could not clearly understand her
BUT the bottom line still waiting to get my phone line fixed
HOW DO I VOTE FOR INCOMPITANT
Old 22-01-2007, 14:56   #847
robcricket
Inactive

robcricket is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I was so happy with the service that I recieve from NTL that i decided to join them and become a Virgin and sell there service through the retail trade computer Independents where most prefer our service due to the ease of set up and lack of problems caused by ADSL. Looking forward to the future with Virgin Media can see good things coming from it
Old 22-01-2007, 19:55   #848
Konrad
Inactive

Konrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Have had NTL Broadband for 1 year now and cant really complain about the internet connection. Also have NTL phone which isnt too clever - no caller display available / have phoned on 5 or 6 occassions asking to change something re my phone bill & nothing was sorted despite a 'yes that has been done'! My fault I suppose as never took a name & chased it up but shouldnt have to really. We recently bought 3 mobile phones so hardly use the land-line yet phone bill is still 20 to 30 pounds per month which I consider a lot. Quite excited about Virgin taking everything over. We have Sky + at home which is very very very good & Id be lost without it. Would like to change all to NTL but heard bad reports about NTL TV lines not being reliable. If they could gaurantee a good service or equal to Sky I would certainly change all to NTL/Virgin? Virgin is a very good brand I hope it is a good sign of things to come (but my Sky Sport is my life-line - if that was unreliable I would switch back to Sky and not return (although I dont like or trust sky I have had few problems recently)
Old 24-01-2007, 17:25   #849
ntlschnell
Inactive

ntlschnell is an unknown quantity at this point

The list is endless ....
Old 24-01-2007, 23:14   #850
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Poll may be closed but my experiences have been dire.
Example 1-- Called in given my phone number, queued, only to be told that I had been directed to the wrong call centre and that it was IMPOSSIBLE to transfer to the correct call centre I would have to dial in again .

Example 2-Brodband installation, the tech decided to fit a cable modem rather than use the STB, trouble is my account had been initiated with an STB and the tech left without testing my PC. it took about two months to get a relible connection. Since then though it has been fine .

Tech support does seem to have improved in the last few months. I simply cant be bothered to register a fault every time the STB locks up.

Lets hope that red logo improves customer service still further there is still a long way to go.
Old 05-02-2007, 14:30   #851
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Right ....

Been a Customer of NTl for 10 years or so, from analogue, through to Digital, have BB and Phone, and did have dialup.

Have had the need to call CS on occasion, and yes they can be a pain at times, cutting off calls and so on. But in ALL cases the problems and queries I have had have been resolved. They were really bad at one point but in my opinion have got better over the last 6 months or so.

.... and I do NOT work for NTL ... how do I prove that... I don't know.
same as your self been with them 10 years + and i have had my moments with them,but i have to say that over the past 2 years i have noticed a BIG improvement with all of their services and i am quite happy to stay put.
Old 07-02-2007, 21:53   #852
chrisg
Inactive

chrisg is an unknown quantity at this point

NTl are the worsty company for customer services I have ever dealt with. I was a customer for several years ( telephone, tv, broadband). I spent several hours every week for over a month simply to request a transfer of all services to my new house. Their house moving department is absolutely useless. Sometimes I persevered for 50 minutes on hold,only to be told to call the next day as the person who had answered my call was unable to organise this transfer. I eventually had to cancel the lot. B.T could connect my telephone with the same number within a couple of days ( NTL 8 weeks). I managed to get the broadband in my new home within a week by going into the shopping centre and posing as a new customer. The digital tv I decided to do without due to NTL's total incompetence. I have been sent a bill for these services at my old address even though I moved last month. I had been a customer for years from cable tv to digital , modem to broadband and always had my telephone with them since the start of comcast to NTL. Now I would recommend anyone to use other companies and avoid NTL at all costs. CHRIS.G
Old 07-02-2007, 22:41   #853
Adlam
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP package
Adlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Adlam

Well I have to say, I have rang ntl: 3 times this week, and on all 3 occasions I was straight through, one time it was around tea time, which I expected it to be quite busy. All of the staff were very helpful, making sure I understood everything I was told, always asking if there was anything else I needed help with before I went, which is easy to ask and just seems a nice touch, I upgraded to te Virgin VIP pack, was all completed within 5 minutes and have a engineer coming on Friday morning, all easy! Well done ntl! (Probably the last time I'll get to type those 3 little letters on this forum!)
Old 09-02-2007, 00:05   #854
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

bye bye ntl... hello virgin media!

There is a new thread to discuss virgin media's customer service here:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33607712
Closed Thread