Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2003, 09:57   #46
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
And to answer your final paragraph. One of the problems homealone has said about me was the way I treated ntl and their employees with contempt. Well, it is not surprising considering the poor customer services and their usual rubbish. Anyway, I'm just wondering if homealone is an 'ntl luvvie' that goes around attacking those that speaks bad of NTL. I suspect he is even an NTL employee but he says he is not. However, we all know that NTL & their employees do not always go hand in hand with the truth.

PS Mark W, cut the nonsense about moral fibre - you work for NTL, remember.
So, lets get this right ... you've had some bad experiences with a company, therefore logically ALL employees of that company must be useless, underhand, incompetant etc etc.

Isn't that a rather short sighted view.

Is it not possible that you have been unlucky with your dealings with that company, to have been unfortunate to have dealt with some that maybe were new, needed training, were standing in for someone else at the time etc etc.

We all receive bad service at times throughout our lives, attacking the staff verbally or even taking the broader view of rubbishing the company actually achieves what precisely ?

Some aspects of many companies needs improving, and by giving some the benefit of the doubt, you may find that your dealings with any individual/company may be a bit more fruitful.

As I've said many times before, (although you don't believe me), there seem to be very few NTL staff on this forum, which in my opinion, is a shame. The more we have, the quicker we may be able to get customer problems solved.

Shouting the odds, getting bullish, having a go at other members, including those that are from NTL, is going to get you noticed .... but for all the wrong reasons, and where is the incentive to offer the helping hand.

You have been disruptive to several threads, hijacking at least two, to draw attention to your problems. Maybe if you were a little more polite and were willing to discuss, rationally the problems you have, people may be more willing to help.

As it is at the moment, I can't see that happening, but am willing to be proven wrong.
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2003, 10:35   #47
homealone

I dunno I go off to play with my new webspace (thanks KP) & log back on to find all this.

One thing I do find amusing is that my attempt at a light hearted comment on a post was picked up on, rather than the post itself. - yes there are differences between people & birds - one of which is the ability to laugh at ourselves

For the record the reason I voted no problems with CS is that I havn't had to call them, ever, in over 4 years - sorry.

The other comments regarding my employment and that I was up front about disagreeing with the implication that all NTL employees are liars are irrelevant to this discussion & imo not worthy of reply.

Old 13-11-2003, 10:43   #48
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Sorry, what evidence do you have he's not? Homealone has been on my tail for a long time. He even PM me to say he had actually complained about me. How weird is that?
I don't have any evidence he is not. However, having read his post again, I don't see any way it could be aimed at you. He appeared to be cracking a joke at pem's expense. Pem appeared to be having a go at you.

Quote:
It is not surprising he has voted to say he has never had a problem with customer services.
Maybe, just maybe, he hasn't had any problems with Customer Services. You continually say the whole of NTL customer services is bad because you have dealt with a few bad CS people. This is not true. NTL, like any organisation (BT included) has good and bad employees.
Old 13-11-2003, 11:12   #49
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

so the other night i try to get onto the internet , no worky , i dont know how long it had been off because i had just come out of hospital , so i ring c.s. up and they pass me onto t.s. they tell me it is a local problem being worked on at the moment and within an hour it is fixed , service or what , well impressed
Old 13-11-2003, 11:40   #50
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

i have no idea how i keep missing threads???? or maybe i am sub consciously avoiding them

ok ntl cs.......i have found that generally they have been good.....the times i have foned the techys they have always been helpful and sorted out the problem and put up with me being a dippy women (even had one bloke singing down the fone :p) the only problem i have with them is waiting for someone to answer

i have found it helpful though having contact with ntl employees through this site, i can think of two people in particular who have sorted out problems for me
Old 13-11-2003, 20:56   #51
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle

Maybe, just maybe, he hasn't had any problems with Customer Services. You continually say the whole of NTL customer services is bad because you have dealt with a few bad CS people. This is not true. NTL, like any organisation (BT included) has good and bad employees.
Actually I'm above that simplistic view. When I interact with NTL CSRs it is most apparent they lack skills in handling customers. The sort of skills they do lack are genuine listening skills, empathy skills, the ability to analyse problems and how to give a satisfactory answer. I don't think NTL actually train their CSRs to deal with customers effectively without provoking customers. I don't think telling me about good or bad Customers Services in different organisations is going to help change my mind if I'm able to rate the skills of customer services staff. I think there are serious cultural problems at NTL in how they handle customers. The staff at BT are so much careful in how they speak to their customers. In my dealings with NTL staff they are not and they certainly lack the professionalism of BT staff. The problem is not just about good/bad customer service staff but how organisations deal with customers in general. For example a very good customer service rep at NTL may be below average when compared to BT.

Though I accept there are a few people happy with their level of service, I for one refuse to accept second best.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:15   #52
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Actually I'm above that simplistic view. When I interact with NTL CSRs it is most apparent they lack skills in handling customers. The sort of skills they do lack are genuine listening skills, empathy skills, the ability to analyse problems and how to give a satisfactory answer. I don't think NTL actually train their CSRs to deal with customers effectively. This is not about good or bad Customers Services but whether the organisation has a culture of dealing with customers respectively. I think there is a serious cultural problems at NTL.
i find this very interesting, because from your location you are probably in the same "ntl area" as me, and yet you have had oddles of problems with cs and i haven't apart from waiting times.....you may say that i am more willing to put up with their crap/crap customer service..but i wouldnt agree i have worked in the customer service sector, in one way or another, for the past 5years...maybe the way you approach the person you are speaking does effect their performance..maybe it doesn't
Old 13-11-2003, 21:26   #53
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
i find this very interesting, because from your location you are probably in the same "ntl area" as me, and yet you have had oddles of problems with cs and i haven't apart from waiting times.....you may say that i am more willing to put up with their crap/crap customer service..but i wouldnt agree i have worked in the customer service sector, in one way or another, for the past 5years...maybe the way you approach the person you are speaking does effect their performance..maybe it doesn't
I think with you, you're probably happy with their service. However, I just not happy with second best. Why should I be dragged down to settle for second best, Bexy?

I've been on various courses on how to handle to dificult and abusive people and thankfully I have used these skills when dealing with NTL associates. I try not to ask difficult questions as this only confuse their minds. I try and give support especially when they are clearly not capable. Though I'm polite on the phone, they are clearly lack skills in handling customers.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:29   #54
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
I've been on various courses on how to handle to dificult and abusive people and thankfully I have used these skills when dealing with NTL associates. I try not to ask difficult questions as this only confuse their minds. I try and give support especially when they are clearly not capable. Though I'm polite on the phone, they are clearly lack skills.
Thats a very high and mighty attitude your taking there UDT ??
Old 13-11-2003, 21:30   #55
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
I've been on various courses on how to handle to dificult and abusive people and thankfully I have used these skills when dealing with NTL associates. I try not to ask difficult questions as this only confuse their minds. I try and give support especially when they are clearly not capable. Though I'm polite on the phone, they are clearly lack skills.
so let me get this straight.....you help them? ummm if you are helping them, why bother phoning them in the first place?

i seriously dont know what they are doing which is so wrong, i have always spoken to helpful people.....i think there was only one lad i would describe as unhelpful, and yes in the end i found it was just easier to sort out the fault on my own, but in hindsight it was probably due to a lack of communication...
Old 13-11-2003, 21:34   #56
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
I think with you, you're probably happy with their service. However, I just not happy with second best. Why should I be dragged down to settle for second best, Bexy?
excuse me?

are u insinuating that i am happy with "second best" ? having worked for customer service i know the level of service that i should be getting......i think that it is YOU that has the problem, in that you are maybe expecting too much, or are going in with a negative attitude
Old 13-11-2003, 21:34   #57
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Actually I'm above that simplistic view. When I interact with NTL CSRs it is most apparent they lack skills in handling customers. The sort of skills they do lack are genuine listening skills, empathy skills, the ability to analyse problems and how to give a satisfactory answer. I don't think NTL actually train their CSRs to deal with customers effectively without provoking customers. I don't think telling me about good or bad Customers Services in different organisations is going to help change my mind if I'm able to rate the skills of customer services staff. I think there are serious cultural problems at NTL in how they handle customers. The staff at BT are so much careful in how they speak to their customers. In my dealings with NTL staff they are not and they certainly lack the professionalism of BT staff. The problem is not just about good/bad customer service staff but how organisations deal with customers in general. For example a very good customer service rep at NTL may be below average when compared to BT.

Though I accept there are a few people happy with their level of service, I for one refuse to accept second best.
UDT, you say you are above that simplistic view. Yet, you have in the past (several times on here and .com) announced that all NTL employees are bad and/or liars. That, to me, is a simplistic view.

My point is that you cannot generalise like that. Even if all the CS people you have dealt with have been terrible, it does not mean that ALL CS people in ALL areas are bad.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:41   #58
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Thats a very high and mighty attitude your taking there UDT ??
I see things beyond simplistic levels I'm afraid. Though it does amuse me when people think I don't know about the concept of good and bad CSRs from different employers. There is more to customer handling than talking nicely to customers.

I can remember when i started a thread on nthw.com on whether CSRs do get customer service training. Though there were many responses, there were hardly any replies that actually convinced me on whether NTL employees have adequate customer handling skills. One rep replied with he actually talked about the weather to calm the customer down. So picture this, screaming client down the phone line complaining of service being cut off and NTL associate talks about the weather to calm him down - muppet.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:47   #59
Stuart
-

Quote:
UDT, you say you won't accept second best. Well, going by your previous posts, you have one phone line from BT and one from NTL. If it causes you such stress, why use the NTL one? Why not get a second line from BT?

Surely by using NTL, you are taking second best even if you don't accept it.
Old 13-11-2003, 21:53   #60
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
UDT, you say you won't accept second best. Well, going by your previous posts, you have one phone line from BT and one from NTL. If it causes you such stress, why use the NTL one? Why not get a second line from BT?

Surely by using NTL, you are taking second best even if you don't accept it.
Mainly because the phone is part of the cable package.

I'm sure I've said this many times.
Closed Thread