Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

Old 25-01-2007, 13:22   #106
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
Re: Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

I'm sure Telewest offered their customers a free VOD movie after the recent failure of the TV service a few weeks ago. Maybe NTL will do the same?
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2007, 13:42   #107
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

I always used to apply a refund (not compensation) for the amount of down time. If it was off for less than an hour then I would not issue anything.

Whats a pack on ntl nowadays say £20 (£20 /30 = 67p per day refund. I always used to say you can have 67p refund or prem plus free for a month (when it was £1.00 per month) 9/10 they chose prem plus or did not bother.

Compensation my behind, compensation should be reserved for incurred loss's such as a day lost off work due to failed engineer no shows not a couple of hours loss of emmerdale.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 16:55   #108
Scruff
Inactive

Services: Virgin
Scruff is an unknown quantity at this point

They are offering compensation if you phone customer services and ask.
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 17:02   #109
Bytecon
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
Bytecon is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of compensation?
Bytecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 22:40   #110
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79

I'd just like to thank all of those NTL techs who (presumably) worked late last night /this morning to bring the system back online!!

I wouldnt be asking for "compensation" or a reduced fee due to the loss of TV services - after all, it only lasted a few hours!

What I would maybe request is that NTL write to each affected customer and apologise for the loss of service and even explain what had happened (although this may be too technical!!). I suppose the least that NTL could do is to actually make a public statment (via nthellworld.co.uk) to actual acknowledge that the fault occurred!!

Or perhaps I am just naive??
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 22:03   #111
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Bit scary if the phone goes out and you need to call 999.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 22:48   #112
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
Bit scary if the phone goes out and you need to call 999.
Who in this day and age does not have a mobile?
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote