Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

Old 24-01-2007, 21:17   #46
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d
Re: Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

i bet any money sky are behind this.

I'M MISSING MY GOD DAMN NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING.
buba3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2007, 21:30   #47
Octimon
Inactive

Services: BB XXL - but only by rebooting every other day; TV XL - with a shiny new HD box and On Demand is s
Octimon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just sat down to watch the Arsenal/Spurs game. Not at all happy. There had better be a refund on offer
Octimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 21:38   #48
Rorschach
Inactive

Rorschach is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by buba3d View Post
i bet any money sky are behind this.

I'M MISSING MY GOD DAMN NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING.
And the last part of Triangle. (ON BBCHD no less)

Buggeration!!!!!!

Rorschach
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 21:48   #49
boofuls
Inactive

Services: 4MB Broadband, base TV pack, Phone Line
boofuls is an unknown quantity at this point

Have just come across this board while looking for any info on why my NTL TV wasn't working. It's been a great help, thanks everyone!
boofuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:17   #50
markypussbag
Inactive

markypussbag is an unknown quantity at this point

Ntl is a major doubt. Just spoke to my mate that works in Ntl Glasgow. They were told to just finish up tonight and return tomorrow for a briefing. He thinks there could be dismissals due to the virgin takeover.

They have had to close down certains points
markypussbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:20   #51
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypussbag View Post
Ntl is a major doubt. Just spoke to my mate that works in Ntl Glasgow. They were told to just finish up tonight and return tomorrow for a briefing. He thinks there could be dismissals due to the virgin takeover.

One would imagine that they will place a main IVR message about this and as such no technical help will be needed, the briefing may well be to issue a defence statement to the CSR's.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:20   #52
boofuls
Inactive

Services: 4MB Broadband, base TV pack, Phone Line
boofuls is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

So when do you think they will restore the TV service?
boofuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:24   #53
Bytecon
Inactive

Services: VIP Package
Bytecon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, In Belfast here and still having TV problems! Have had to get the TV Antennas out!
Bytecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:31   #54
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It wasn't a Virgin Takeover. NTL Bought Virgin Mobile.

There wouldn't be redundancies due to that though.
Old 24-01-2007, 22:32   #55
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79

I think NTL will be trying to remedy the problem as soon as possible. I my opinion, they would probably have to do so within 24 hours.

Any longer than this and the number of requests for compensation will grow (probably exponentially).

Im sure Orange are already looking into the their legal position - thousands of their customers were cut off (Northern Ireland alone). I dont know how far reaching the actual fault was. Surely Orange will now be looking some sort of recompense (is that a word). They will also be looking for assurance that the fault will NEVER happen again!! Perhaps a backup for the backup is required????

Think I'll go and watch a DVD now!! Here's a thought - go and hire a movie out of your local store (Blockbuster or otherwise) and bill NTL for it?? Is that fair??

James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:33   #56
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

And this has what to do with the service not working this evening. What does your friend do? Sales? Customer Service? Business? Back office?
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:34   #57
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
It wasn't a Virgin Takeover. NTL Bought Virgin Mobile.

There wouldn't be redundancies due to that though.
Do you think people could get the sack for this outtage?? Only if it was down to human error and can be attributed to one or more individuals??
Old 24-01-2007, 22:34   #58
markypussbag
Inactive

markypussbag is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it will be Virgin Media but they are being told to brace themseles. Something is not right here.

It was on sky news there.
markypussbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 22:37   #59
James79
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah it will be Virgin Media but they are being told to brace themseles. Something is not right here.

It was on sky news there.
LOL.

I was gonna tune into Sky News to see if the report is on again!! Duh - NTL is still off!! Bedtime methinks!!
Old 24-01-2007, 22:42   #60
KenK
Inactive

KenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to allKenK is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post
Do you think people could get the sack for this outtage?? Only if it was down to human error and can be attributed to one or more individuals??
It'd be a bit harsh to sack someone for a simple error - have you never made a mistake? Unless it was deliberate, or the person was on a final warning for carelessness. My money's on the Greatest Underground Cable Detector in the World - a JCB !
KenK is offline   Reply With Quote