Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

Old 24-01-2007, 17:43   #16
banannie
Inactive

banannie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TV outage in Belfast?

I'm in Glasgow too. I'm just relieved its not just me Guess I'll have to do something useful instead....
banannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2007, 17:47   #17
Terry
Inactive

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Got through on 150. Just said whole of N Ireland out and no idea when it will be back on line. Broadband, phone and analog pass through working fine for me. The stb wont accept more than two digits and then goes back to zero. Hope this saves anyone from hanging on the phone
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 17:47   #18
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Don't be expecting it back on too soon, quite a big problem which is also affecting the orange network.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 17:59   #19
Peil
Inactive

Services: V+, Sports, 30mb Internet
Peil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingy View Post
Don't be expecting it back on too soon, quite a big problem which is also affecting the orange network.
Would that be the Orange mobile phone network, or the site to site computer network?
Peil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 18:04   #20
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

mobile phone network... no idea what that site to site computer network is.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 18:11   #21
Peil
Inactive

Services: V+, Sports, 30mb Internet
Peil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about themPeil has a spectacular aura about them

Just curious how a mobile phone network outage would affect TV over cable?

Phones are working fine over here in the Glasgow area, which suggests that if your seeing an issue they might just be co-incidence.

BTW, the outage message is no longer on the 151 number
Peil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 18:22   #22
Jez
Inactive

Jez is on a distinguished roadJez is on a distinguished road

Well, I was unable to get through to Customer Services on my BT line - it just went dead, but dialing the same number on my NTL line (i.e. the 0845 one) got me through. Not sure what that means! Still saying Belfast and Glasgow out when I rang five minutes ago ...
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 18:43   #23
Creative

Quote:
mobile phone network... no idea what that site to site computer network is.
Its a big SDH problem then. Lots of traffic besides cable goes over their SDH network.
Old 24-01-2007, 18:43   #24
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79

Quote:
Any ideas how this is affecting the Orange Network?? Seems strange!

I noticed that I had no coverage whilst in work (around 1630 or so), and thought it was just my phone (lost the signal or something!).

I arrive home to be told - no NTL?!! Suspicious?!

If I remember correctly, was Virgin Mobile (in its original incarnation) a subsidised Orange Account? Or did Virgin use Orange as a carrier?? Then again - maybe Im making this up!!
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 18:52   #25
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post

I noticed that I had no coverage whilst in work (around 1630 or so), and thought it was just my phone (lost the signal or something!).

I arrive home to be told - no NTL?!! Suspicious?!

If I remember correctly, was Virgin Mobile (in its original incarnation) a subsidised Orange Account? Or did Virgin use Orange as a carrier?? Then again - maybe Im making this up!!
Orange and others use ntl's SDH network.
Old 24-01-2007, 18:54   #26
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Just off the phone to Connolly House. Apparently the nationalist network is down too.

I'm all for equality!!
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 18:58   #27
foxprorawks
Inactive

foxprorawks is an unknown quantity at this point

No TV in Barlanark in Glasgow, and we can't get through to the 0845 number.

Broadband connection still good though.
foxprorawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 19:00   #28
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post
Ntl have a substantial fibre network around the uk. Orange lease bits of it to send calls up and down the country. My guess is a main fibre break or a laser down.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 19:04   #29
rimmy
Inactive

rimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
Just off the phone to Connolly House. Apparently the nationalist network is down too.

I'm all for equality!!

lol
rimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 19:06   #30
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough

I'm paying for sky sports and i'm not going to be able to see the cup match tonight!

Come on ntl: .

Wonder what the problem is, because broadband comes through the same cable?
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote