Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl Confirms 10Mb Broadband Speed Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl Confirms 10Mb Broadband Speed Increase
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 17:20   #1501
Bill C

Re: ntl Confirms 10Mb Broadband Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo
Area by area start small in more outstretched sections, localise the release and slowing put the stress on the systems, this way you don't have people on different tiers getting annoyed as everyone in there segment is done at once.
OK so lets say they do it area by area. Say 1 month per area to check all is OK in that area. If not spend some money on that area to make it OK. Move to next area

Repeat above by area's at least 200 times min.

What will you do if you are one of the last ? or better still do you want to be one of the last if not think of the ones that are last ?

Quote:

So move your rolling eyes away matey.

Do as I am doing in morning, change providers.
Less of the matey business we are adults not children.

And i hope you less than 2km from the exchange otherwise forget getting over 2 meg unless you go to adsl2+

Advertisement
Old 01-11-2005, 17:21   #1502
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

There is still as last and ten tonne of bugs in the way they are doing it now, only with this way it is more scattered nationally rather then in a localised area hence easier to trace down the problems?
Old 01-11-2005, 17:24   #1503
Bill C

Quote:
There is still as last and ten tonne of bugs in the way they are doing it now, only with this way it is more scattered nationally rather then in a localised area hence easier to trace down the problems?
Nice to see a telecommunications expert at work. Will let NTL know tomorrow all are problems are solved contact Saxo he has all the answers to our roll out problems.

Old 01-11-2005, 17:25   #1504
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Now who is reacting childish, I have never claimed to be a telecommunications expert, so please take your childish comeback and personally place it in the correct location.
Old 01-11-2005, 17:26   #1505
Bill C

Quote:
Now who is reacting childish, I have never claimed to be a telecommunications expert, so please take your childish comeback and personally place it in the correct location.
Well you are the one who has decided NTL are doing it all wrong.

Old 01-11-2005, 17:27   #1506
AndrewJ
Inactive

I stated my view and idea and if that is your intelligent reply as a 45year old, then I do feel for you Bill, I thought you posted with more degree of common sense than that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C
Quote:
Well you are ythe one who has decided NTL are doing it all wrong.

And you are the one who resorts to silly comebacks?

I stated my views and ideas they are to be debated not sarcastically denied like someoen off a childs website.
Old 01-11-2005, 17:31   #1507
Bill C

Quote:
I stated my view and idea and if that is your intelligent reply as a 45year old, then I do feel for you Bill, I thought you posted with more degree of common sense than that post.
look at you post above then see why i changed my stance. And my age has nothing to do with it.

NTL have said when how and why they are upgrading customers. Now if that is not correct for you fine.

If you want to change to another provider then fine

But have a chat with someone like Zingle first and ask him what colour the grass can be on the other side

Sometimes i bite. that was one of them other times i too can be grown up

I think you will find that the quickest way for us to check an area is put the 3meg users up first. If there is going to be a problem then that will show it up and we can take steps to fix it.

Historically our highest tier users use the most bandwidth

Old 01-11-2005, 17:32   #1508
AndrewJ
Inactive

NTL have not contacted anyone and TBH I would love to change ISP's I honestly would but nothing decent is available here.

There system of upgrade is the most illogical thing I have ever heard. By time they dont with bugs on the 3mb system, be Feb 06 at least.
Old 01-11-2005, 17:33   #1509
Bill C

Quote:
NTL have not contacted anyone and TBH I would love to change ISP's I honestly would but nothing decent is available here.

There system of upgrade is the most illogical thing I have ever heard. By time they dont with bugs on the 3mb system, be Feb 06 at least.

Lets see shall we

Old 01-11-2005, 17:34   #1510
AndrewJ
Inactive

Hopefully I will not have gone insane with my poxy upload and sluggish download by then and be in a padded room.
Old 01-11-2005, 17:34   #1511
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

I just think people who are on 1 and 2 mbit should get somesort of subsidy until the upgrade is complete.
Old 01-11-2005, 17:38   #1512
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Oh dear. Thats a shame isn't it. Still I suppose thats Ntl's fault as well is it?

Quote:
Yep dead illogical to look after the people paying more

In fact I think everyone should be like that. My support department should give free hard drives and motherboards to all customers. Why restrict it to the ones who are in warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky
I just think people who are on 1 and 2 mbit should get somesort of subsidy until the upgrade is complete.
How about they don't pay anything extra till the upgrades are complete?
Old 01-11-2005, 17:38   #1513
Webzta
Inactive

Webzta is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you're mad - I don't see whats wrong with NTL - certainly nothing in my area - Essex / Colchester.

I've been on ntl since the 64k days... never had a problem... there has ofcourse been the odd hour downtime here and there, but thats it..

There's supposedly a 1gig a day limit - Well i max my line all day everyday - (3meg) and had never once had any email warning/anything of the sort.

My pings are good and i download at around 366kb/sec constant.

My line is shared to about 4/5 pc's thru a server.

I can't wait for 10meg update, and to be fair, it's free.. how can you complain at that?

Any of you tried BT's dsl ? or such companies? it's terrible... as soon as you start using the line your ping rockets..

My input..

-Webzta
Old 01-11-2005, 17:43   #1514
AndrewJ
Inactive

I rarely get 250kbs from my 2mb connection. Uploading anythign to friends tends to be at about 16kbs flat out, it is driving me nuts I am paying for a service I am not getting and other people are being upgraded.

It is just a joke.
Old 01-11-2005, 17:44   #1515
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky
What level of service did you signup for.
Are you getting that level of service.

If the answer to both is yes then why should they give you a subsidy for something you did not sign up for

Closed Thread