Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl: Q4 Results

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl: Q4 Results

Old 15-03-2005, 16:24   #16
Keytops
Inactive

Keytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really niceKeytops is just really nice
Re: ntl: Q4 Results

smarmy comments? I wasn't the one boasting about the bonus coming my way... I was simply stating that IF NTL give their staff a bonus everytime they add X more customers [which is they way it reads so far in this thread], what incentive is there to try and keep the current customers happy? None that I can see...
Keytops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2005, 16:29   #17
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytops
smarmy comments? I wasn't the one boasting about the bonus coming my way... I was simply stating that IF NTL give their staff a bonus everytime they add X more customers [which is they way it reads so far in this thread], what incentive is there to try and keep the current customers happy? None that I can see...
From what gooner4life has just said the bonus is related to churn amongst other things. So there is every incentive to keep customers happy and retain their custom. From what has been said it would appear that ordinary NTL staff getting bonuses is a sign that they and the company are doing things right.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 16:30   #18
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

It's lots of factors together that determine whether we get a bonus or not. Factors such as net customer figures (to include new/retained customers), upping average revenue per customer, and saving costs throughout the rest of the business. Working at ntl is painful at the best of times, and if the powers that be say they want to give me a little extra for the back breaking work that I and the majority of all associates across all divisions do, then I'm not going to refuse it. Nor be ashamed about it.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 16:32   #19
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

Quote:
what incentive is there to try and keep the current customers happy? None that I can see...
Take it you're not aware of the FREE speed upgrades? Additional channels added every month.....I would go on but I can't be bothered
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 16:34   #20
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Far more to it than that, and you demonstrate your ignorance in posts like this.

Those staff eligible for the bonus (I am not one of them) have thoroughly deserved it having worked hard through a year of change, uncertainty and redundancies and yet still managed to achieve good figures for the company. Yet still you begrudge them a small amount of extra pay (last time it was only a couple of hundred quid).

Do us all a favour and take your negative rubbish elsewhere.
Old 15-03-2005, 16:36   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

People - the subject of this thread is the Q4 results, can we please move on from talk about any bonus as it's obviously only going to cause friction. Thanks.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 16:36   #22
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs6600
Take it you're not aware of the FREE speed upgrades? Additional channels added every month.....I would go on but I can't be bothered

You will always have those that complain about anything just to get there 15 mins of fame
Old 15-03-2005, 16:38   #23
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

ntl isn't the only company I've worked for that gives it's employees a bonus and I'm very happy with it. I've worked hard over the year and it's nice any company rewards its workers, I wouldn't begrude anyone receving a thank you from their employers be it cash or a gold clock.....
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 16:44   #24
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
ntl isn't the only company I've worked for that gives it's employees a bonus and I'm very happy with it. I've worked hard over the year and it's nice any company rewards its workers, I wouldn't begrude anyone receving a thank you from their employers be it cash or a gold clock.....
I'm certainly against it. for the time being anwyay cos I never got one haha. Not at the company long enough god dammit
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 17:02   #25
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Reading the links from ntli's share info over on Yahoo! alot of the reports comment on the poor number of net additions. I get lost with all this.

Interesting to see they have kicked aload of non-payers out Well done NTL!

What is the difference between the net customer added and gross customers added?

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuot...1546292_newsml
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 17:09   #26
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Gross customers added is the number of new customers coming to NTL. Net customers added is the gross figure minus the customers that have left NTL.
Old 15-03-2005, 17:36   #27
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@huth
Gross customers added is the number of new customers coming to NTL. Net customers added is the gross figure minus the customers that have left NTL.
Net customers added = churn (another term for it).
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 17:43   #28
ian@huth
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman
Net customers added = churn (another term for it).
No, churn is the number of customers lost during the period. Percentage churn is the number of customers lost divided by the average number of customers during the period.
Old 15-03-2005, 18:26   #29
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Thanks for clearing that up for me
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 18:36   #30
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs6600
I'm certainly against it. for the time being anwyay cos I never got one haha. Not at the company long enough god dammit
Thing is, harsh though it sounds, if you're new then you didn't help to create the results the bonus is based on.

Perhaps a pro rata bonus should be available if you've worked during the period the figures cover.