Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | *ALL* ntl Cap Discussion Here Please. (Part 2)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

*ALL* ntl Cap Discussion Here Please. (Part 2)
Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2005, 14:39   #741
Bluestraw
Inactive

Bluestraw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: *ALL* ntl Cap Discussion Here Please. (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Works both ways - 155gig on a KNOWN LIMIT OF 30GIG is NOT common sense either Or is it acceptable for the customer to be totally ignorant and stupid?
I agree. I didn't say 155 was 'common sense', I was defending that 75gig, used OFF-PEAK, is 'common sense'. Actually, having said that, 155gig OFF-PEAK is common sense to me. But maybe my sense is off-track!!

Nevermind. I'm new here, but already I see people just want to shout and disagree. So disagree with me, that's fine. We're all entitled to our own opinions - the world would be a boring place otherwise!! Just don't take it all so seriously - it's not life and death now, is it?!!
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2005, 14:41   #742
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Remember to play nicely children....
Old 25-08-2005, 14:47   #743
mcmanic
cf.addict

mcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about themmcmanic has a spectacular aura about them

i'M BACK, Its not a cap as if it was it would be implemented head end and anybody that went over by the slightest amount would be warned,service cut back or charged per gig - its still fair usage soft cap and at the mo like i said earlier i believe its 100/150megs a month -any more and you'll get a warning letter, they cannot lower it to much as that'll just upset even more people, lol

75gigs is not taking the **** either!, just that i will be implementing it a few months early - after all its on a fair usage soft cap!

and we will all be thinking of you when everyone who downloads alot goes unlimited tier
Old 25-08-2005, 14:55   #744
Doofy
Inactive

Doofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation eraDoofy has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanic
i'M BACK, Its not a cap as if it was it would be implemented head end and anybody that went over by the slightest amount would be warned,service cut back or charged per gig - its still fair usage soft cap and at the mo like i said earlier i believe its 100/150megs a month -any more and you'll get a warning letter, they cannot lower it to much as that'll just upset even more people, lol

75gigs is not taking the **** either!, just that i will be implementing it a few months early - after all its on a fair usage soft cap!

and we will all be thinking of you when everyone who downloads alot goes unlimited tier
Fair usage soft cap?? i thought the cap was being enforced now?? I really dont mind unlimited tiers i will in all probability choose that option myself if the speed is ok, i have children on comps as well . Once the unlimited tiers are in effect hopefully the network will be able to cope with the increased demand and i wont have to go through the aggravation i went through last time.
Old 25-08-2005, 15:27   #745
waggy
Inactive

waggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the broadband service any different for staff other than the half price?(the old man works for ntl).

I head that the hard cap is comming in in 2006 when the 10mb upgrade is rolled out to people who arnt on the 3mb package this year. Any info on the speeds for no cap? 10mb would be great but would be rarely hitting that speed for quite a few years other than on big sites like microsoft. I would be quite happy with 5mb even though everybody else is on 10mb if im on a uncapped download service.

Sorry if the above questions have been answered before in this thead, but theres a hell of a lot of posts to trail through.
Old 25-08-2005, 15:30   #746
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggy
Is the broadband service any different for staff other than the half price?(the old man works for ntl).

<snip>
Sorry if the above questions have been answered before in this thead, but theres a hell of a lot of posts to trail through.
No, it's no different for employees. Apart from the discounted price, we're bound to exactly the same t&cs as any other customer.
Old 25-08-2005, 15:35   #747
BarFly
Inactive

BarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to BarFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
No, it's no different for employees. Apart from the discounted price, we're bound to exactly the same t&cs as any other customer.
come work in tech support, we dont get the employee discount as of this month any more.....
Old 25-08-2005, 15:36   #748
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarFly
come work in tech support, we dont get the employee discount as of this month any more.....
Are ntl your direct employers?
Old 25-08-2005, 15:40   #749
BarFly
Inactive

BarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of lightBarFly is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to BarFly

not any more they outsourced us all to IBM, so although my contract is a NTL one, & i was originally employed by them, i no longer work for them...
Old 25-08-2005, 15:46   #750
Rone
Inactive

Services: BB XL
Rone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enoughRone will become famous soon enough

"Sorry if the above questions have been answered before in this thead, but theres a hell of a lot of posts to trail through."

I'm betting this thread will still be spinning round the internet "airwaves" when we reach a 100mbit connection.
Old 25-08-2005, 16:17   #751
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanic

i WILL download 75gigs next month no matter what maybe more who knows, will i get a letter - NO because i won't trigger the flag that says i'm a greedy so and so cos i believe that if the trigger was lower than 100 or even 150meg then a hell of alot more people would have got letters,
Show me the proof that the flag is more than 100 meg. everyone is assuming its 100 meg ?. If you can prove it is 100 meg with hard evidence then i will not post in this thread again. HARD EVIDENCE not the bloke in the pub

BTW Tell how many got letters, there is only a small user base here compared with 1.5 million NTL broadband users, or did you call them all and ask

Old 25-08-2005, 16:37   #752
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

this thread has now hit the 50 pages mark, so i've setup part three which can be found here:

*All* ntl cap discussion (part 3)
Closed Thread