Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl budget cutbacks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

call centre - region dependant?
View Poll Results: How often have you been rerouted to india for tech support?
I always get an india call centre 6 20.69%
I sometimes get an india call centre 4 13.79%
I rarely get a india call centre 2 6.90%
I have never got a india call centre 11 37.93%
I don't know who answered the phone 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2005, 07:54   #1
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Post call centre - region dependant?

I have heard from friends and other websites that depending on where you live depends where your call is placed to.

Is there still a tech support call centre i brighton like I heard and the one in surrey, for me I get through to india for billing/tech support/sales and package upgrades if I use the normal method.

This poll I would like people to vote on if they get an idia call centre or not and which region they are in, thanks.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2005, 12:44   #2
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
Re: call centre - region dependant?

Broadband Technical Support is done in Swansea and Bangalore. Narrowband Technical Support is done in Newport (South Wales) - don't know if they ship calls over to India, as the service is run by Fujitsu. Customer Services and 1st line Faults for on-net customers is done in Bellshill (Glasgow), Wythenshawe (Manchester) and Swansea. Sales is mostly done in Nottingham. The Brighton centre has now closed, I believe.

Where you get through to for Customer Services/Faults does not depend on where you live anymore - it used to, as only one call centre would deal with each region - but calls have now been 'virtualised', meaning that the first available agent in any of the 3 centres will answer your call. The only exception to this is customers billed from SMS (Celtic, Herts & Beds, Kirklees) - these are dealt with in Wythenshawe until SMS regions are Harmonised later this year.
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 14:08   #3
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Jimbo ok cool, I am only one so far who always gets india, I must be very unlucky, or I have just rang up at busy times this poll has so far showed me the situation is not what I thought it was.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 14:52   #4
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

There is an option missing from the poll which can significantly alter its interpreation. The Indian call centre hasn't been in operation for that long. If I was to answer the poll with the options it has I would have to choose "I have never got a india call centre" as I haven't called them since India was used. The same could apply to all the members who have chosen this option. Perhaps a further option should be added to the poll "I haven't rung NTL since (insert date India was first used)"
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 15:02   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I've just added a 'don't know' option to the poll - always a good idea to include one of those.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 15:27   #6
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

It's hard to tell where the call centre is just from the voice of the person answering the call. If I ring my daughter at work in Nottingham it is quite often answered by an Indian girl who is sat at the next desk to her.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 16:29   #7
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Jimbo ok cool, I am only one so far who always gets india, I must be very unlucky, or I have just rang up at busy times this poll has so far showed me the situation is not what I thought it was.
My last two calls I ended up in India.. I am not happy about this as the help was incorrect and nothing was set up to resolve the wrongly diagnosed problem. I did send emails to relevent people about this problem and had a few calls back from within NTL. I did post on here about it at the time and added the link to an anti offshore website with lists of who use overseas callcentres.
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 17:21   #8
HD462
Inactive

Services: Digital Cable TV V+ Freeview Virgin Phone 10Mb Broadband Home WiFi Network Virgin Mobile BB
HD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enoughHD462 will become famous soon enough

Could have done with another option really "I rarely call tech support / customer services". I've had to say don't know who answered, as the last time I called customer services it was our local call centre at Teesside (I guess that's gone now, as it wasn't mentioned in the post above). I did phone broadband with a query a few weeks ago and got Wales.

I have heard of friends getting put through to India when they've phoned though.
HD462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 17:27   #9
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits
My last two calls I ended up in India.. I am not happy about this as the help was incorrect and nothing was set up to resolve the wrongly diagnosed problem. I did send emails to relevent people about this problem and had a few calls back from within NTL. I did post on here about it at the time and added the link to an anti offshore website with lists of who use overseas callcentres.

Yes but kits was that tech support or customer service.
Old 02-02-2005, 17:37   #10
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C
Yes but kits was that tech support or customer service.
Tech suport I called the 0845 650 0925 number for tech support
Old 02-02-2005, 21:03   #11
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer

I get the swansea one might understand the indian one better. hides from russ
th'engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 22:01   #12
Florence
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by th'engineer
I get the swansea one might understand the indian one better. hides from russ
Never had a problem with the swansea one but I have spent many years all the school holidays in wales I find it easy to understand. I have to admit I do struggle with the Indian Accent and they have already shown they cannot understand the Manchester accent god help those with broad accents.
Old 02-02-2005, 22:40   #13
dvboy
Inactive

dvboy is on a distinguished roaddvboy is on a distinguished road

The ones I know I've called have been Middlesborough and Newport. I think I've called Nottingham too, but sometimes you just don't know.
dvboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 23:37   #14
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I've only seemed to have indian call centres with BT, not with NTL.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 00:02   #15
dvboy
Inactive

dvboy is on a distinguished roaddvboy is on a distinguished road

Depends which department you're calling with BT. Faults used to go to India but they got so many complaints that all faults calls are now taken in the UK. I don't know what kind of traffic the call centres in India handle for BT now because I don't work for them anymore, but BT make no secret of the fact that they have some call centres there. I worked on directory enquiries which has never been outside the UK with BT.
dvboy is offline   Reply With Quote