Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Important New Support Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Outage in Swindon ?

Old 29-08-2004, 23:09   #1
mrm1
Un-Technically Minded

mrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant future
Outage in Swindon ?

Any one else been hit by an outage in Swindon

My TV, SACM, FM, and IF pass through have all stopped suddunly abount 10-15 mins ago, though my phone line is o.k.

(I forgot how slow dial up was !!!!!)
mrm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2004, 11:10   #2
mrm1
Un-Technically Minded

mrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant futuremrm1 has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: Outage in Swindon ?

Well, still all off.

Called Yesturday at 10am to be told all CS systems were off and I would need to call back in about an hour. Called at 11.00 and told I would be called back later with an appointment. Called back again at 4.00pm to be told "I think there might be a problem in the SN3 area which is being delt with and should be back on by 7pm". Called again at 9am this morning to be told CS dont know of any problems in my area and booked an appointment for tommorrow afternoon as that was the soonest any one would be available.

Thats 3 days with no service
Old 31-08-2004, 12:36   #3
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Re: Outage in Swindon ?

Hi,

Not had any problems with my broadband (SACM) or phone, both were working fine all weekend and last night.
I'm also in SN3, don't have NTL for TV tho.
Not tried it today, and at work at the mo.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 13:10   #4
mrm1
Un-Technically Minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB
Hi,

Not had any problems with my broadband (SACM) or phone, both were working fine all weekend and last night.
I'm also in SN3, don't have NTL for TV tho.
Not tried it today, and at work at the mo.
Thanks for the info MikeyB. It seems to me the cable has become physically disconnected some where. All connections are tight around the house, as well as the point where the cable comes out of the ground and enters the property. Probably in on of the cabinets down the road or something.

Ah well. Just have to wait for the engineer to call out.
Old 31-08-2004, 18:51   #5
mrm1
Un-Technically Minded

Got home from work and all is working again now ?. Must have been a very local event that got fixed during the day.