Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL seeks STB beta testers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL seeks STB beta testers

Old 24-08-2004, 13:22   #31
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: NTL seeks STB beta testers

Missing barcodes won't be a problem - we can find the info out by other means if necessary.

By the way, Ashley is on hols for a couple of weeks, so it'll take a while to get a response if you try to sign up now.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2004, 16:25   #32
Roots
Inactive

Roots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul M
Ashley - I assume I can sign up just one of my STB's (I have three).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyJ
Yes, that would work.
I was told that this will not work as i have two STB and i only wanted one to be used for beta testing.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 23:41   #33
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough

how do i check ALL of my reputation points, as now i can only see the top 10, and am actually finding them interesting, as i got a negative point for saying :

"in two posts you spelt the word THEN wrong"

can i only view the top ten (p.s this is my first off topic comment ever i think so dont be harsh it aint worth starting a thread over)
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2004, 14:59   #34
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Originally Posted by Paul M
Ashley - I assume I can sign up just one of my STB's (I have three).

I was told that this will not work as i have two STB and i only wanted one to be used for beta testing.
I have only given the info for one STB and have two in the house.
Can't see how the network can tell you have two boxes in your house, as opposed to you and your neighbour having one box, doesn't the coax just star out from the distribution boxes, there is no router for CATV channels.

They are sending the software out to specific boxes, they just need to know from a db POV which ones they are that is defined by serial number and all these other details.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2004, 11:45   #35
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

For Bromley users you CAN'T have one box in test mode but not the others (at the moment). Langley users probably can.
Old 29-08-2004, 11:55   #36
SMHarman
Inactive

SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
For Bromley users you CAN'T have one box in test mode but not the others (at the moment). Langley users probably can.
I'm on langley so that makes sense.
Old 29-08-2004, 15:08   #37
mattley
Inactive

mattley is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I've been thinking about this, but I'm on Bromly and I'm definiately not beta testing on both boxes so thanks for posting this.
mattley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2004, 17:03   #38
Bald_Monkey_
Inactive

Bald_Monkey_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here, I would like to BETA test one but not both as one controls BB as well.
Bald_Monkey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 21:52   #39
lsgworldl
Inactive

lsgworldl is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to lsgworldl Send a message via MSN to lsgworldl Send a message via Yahoo to lsgworldl

its prob testing the software on the box
lsgworldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 16:02   #40
seaneeboy
Inactive

Services: NTL 4Meg BB, Family Pack, Phone
seaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to seaneeboy

Just to revisit this one, did anyone from CF sign up to the beta testing? What's it like?

Does it include the intended 2005 rollout of VoD software etc?

Just being nosey!
seaneeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 16:14   #41
SMHarman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneeboy
Just to revisit this one, did anyone from CF sign up to the beta testing? What's it like?

Just being nosey!
All quiet at the mo, Bromley was getting the Beta first and being Langley that excluded me. But even if I was we've effectivly signed NDAs
Old 04-10-2004, 16:46   #42
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneeboy

Just being nosey!
Yes, lots of people signed up, but they aren't allowed to tell you what is happening. Sorry.
Old 04-10-2004, 16:52   #43
bigitup_j
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, TV and 20mb Broadband
bigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bigitup_j Send a message via Yahoo to bigitup_j

there's no vod being tested at the moment
bigitup_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 17:31   #44
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes, lots of people signed up, but they aren't allowed to tell you what is happening. Sorry.
My lips are sealed...
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:01   #45
seaneeboy
Inactive

Services: NTL 4Meg BB, Family Pack, Phone
seaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to seaneeboy

Quote:
Thoughtt hat might be the case Glad it seems to be successful so far though - thanks for letting me know.
seaneeboy is offline   Reply With Quote