Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

bugcode_usb_driver

Old 19-11-2004, 23:09   #1
masalvador
Inactive

masalvador is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy bugcode_usb_driver

Hello, i'm a new user of this forum, so excuse me if i make some mistakes using it. I often get a blue screen error with the message bugcode_usb_driver when a p2p program is running (emule 044d). I red in this forum that i should connect my motorola usb 4101 cable modem to my ethernet card, but i need this port free for a LAN, so i must connect the modem through the usb port. There's anybbody who know why the blue screen appears? Thanks so much for your help.
masalvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2004, 23:19   #2
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: bugcode_usb_driver

http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jsp?...1&thread=41643
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 01:06   #3
masalvador
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Thanks so much Bifta, I'll try with the powered usb hub as told in most of the replays in vnunet forums. I'll tell you the results.
Old 20-11-2004, 01:28   #4
threadbare
Inactive

threadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of lightthreadbare is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldn't recommend connecting the modem through the hub, as this will most likely add to your problems, but it shoud be fine for other devices. the modem itself has its own power supply so power usage should not be a problem
threadbare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2004, 23:53   #5
masalvador
Inactive

So, do you have any idea about what the problem could be? Do i have to connect the modem trough the ethernet card? I need this port for a local area net!
Thanks a lot!
Old 22-11-2004, 23:58   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

No idea what the problem is.

Although, if you used ethernet you'd have a much better, more stable, & weird-USB-problem free connection.

If you need the NIC for a LAN, you could always buy a cheap broadband router (e.g. Linksys BEFSR41, just over 30 quid at Amazon), hook that to the modem's ethernet port, & connect the ethernet ports of the main PC & the other PCs on the LAN to the router. Result = still have a LAN, no USB problems, & now you can also share the connection using the router.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 00:19   #7
masalvador
Inactive

Thanks so much friends! I'll definitively connect the modem through the ethernet card since this seems to solve the probem.
Your comments have been very helpful, we'll be in contact.