Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 20-11-2014, 09:35   #616
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes the bills certainly seem to be rolling through our letterbox lately as well.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Yes my partner is arranging my transport later this week for London and one suspects it will not run smoothly as usual.
So they couldn't sort it out for yesterday - and rebooked it for this morning on an ambulance.

They have just phoned to tell me there's been a 'mix up' and don't know if they can come today or not.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2014, 09:49   #617
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
So they couldn't sort it out for yesterday - and rebooked it for this morning on an ambulance.

They have just phoned to tell me there's been a 'mix up' and don't know if they can come today or not.
Nothing surprises me dilli with patient transport now sadly and l do hope they turn up to to take you to hospital today.
Old 20-11-2014, 10:11   #618
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Paperwork!

Got to get the company accounts in order today so the accountant can get the return done. Trawling through piles of paper to get each months invoices and payments in order. Should have done it ages ago.

Trying to find an invoice in March 2013 for printed circuit boards. Seems to have vanished. Got the bill but no supporting paper. It'll be here - somewhere.
Old 20-11-2014, 11:43   #619
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post

What a bunch of muppets. I hope things have now been sorted and you are on your way to your appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Paperwork!

Got to get the company accounts in order today so the accountant can get the return done. Trawling through piles of paper to get each months invoices and payments in order. Should have done it ages ago.

Trying to find an invoice in March 2013 for printed circuit boards. Seems to have vanished. Got the bill but no supporting paper. It'll be here - somewhere.
I feel your pain heero. Our business seemed to generate mounds of paper and in the end I got 12 pastic wallets and used to 'file' each item away as soon as it landed. At least everything was seperated out into months and by always tucking things into the front of the folder it was almost in date order aswell. My bugbear was petrol receipts, the guys would hoard them and by the time I got them the printing would be almost unreadable so reconciling them to the garage petrol schedules was hopeless.

My moan today is waiting for results. I know things take time but it doesn't help reduce the stress.
Old 20-11-2014, 11:58   #620
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I feel your pain heero. Our business seemed to generate mounds of paper and in the end I got 12 pastic wallets and used to 'file' each item away as soon as it landed. At least everything was seperated out into months and by always tucking things into the front of the folder it was almost in date order aswell. My bugbear was petrol receipts, the guys would hoard them and by the time I got them the printing would be almost unreadable so reconciling them to the garage petrol schedules was hopeless.
That's what I normally do but I haven't done it recently hence piles of paper. I should know better but it seemed low priority at the time and I just didn't feel like doing it.

Quote:
My moan today is waiting for results. I know things take time but it doesn't help reduce the stress.
Old 20-11-2014, 12:01   #621
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

l hope you get your results soon jo and l just hope and pray that everybody is fine for you.
Old 20-11-2014, 12:04   #622
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
A good valid moan though, nothing worse than waiting for results and fingers crossed that they are good results.

On the same subject just had my results backs and I need an op. I knew this anyway so no big thing, but if I have the op I run the risk of knocking my knackered kidneys totally out as told by the surgeon and the consultant.

So do I risk the op where they can't give me a guarantee that A- it'll work or make anything better. B- Fail and end up on dialysis. C- It works, but knocks out my kidneys anyway. D- It works and kidneys aren't affected. E- It works but a high chance it will return quite quickly and have to run the risks again with only years left of working kidneys anyway.

To add to this if my kidneys fail and the condition I'm in (or if I do nothing) it probably will be end game. If it works then I could have a better chance when they do fail.

Quite a dilemma......
Old 20-11-2014, 12:10   #623
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Dear Peanut l thought l was quite badly off but compared to your l am very lucky indeed and l just hope and pray that everything works out well for you in the future health wise as you seem to have gone through so much already.
Old 20-11-2014, 12:46   #624
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

For once, I have no moans. Good luck to those waiting for results, deciding on whether to have operations and getting things in shape for the tax grabbers.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 12:49   #625
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
A good valid moan though, nothing worse than waiting for results and fingers crossed that they are good results.

On the same subject just had my results backs and I need an op. I knew this anyway so no big thing, but if I have the op I run the risk of knocking my knackered kidneys totally out as told by the surgeon and the consultant.

So do I risk the op where they can't give me a guarantee that A- it'll work or make anything better. B- Fail and end up on dialysis. C- It works, but knocks out my kidneys anyway. D- It works and kidneys aren't affected. E- It works but a high chance it will return quite quickly and have to run the risks again with only years left of working kidneys anyway.

To add to this if my kidneys fail and the condition I'm in (or if I do nothing) it probably will be end game. If it works then I could have a better chance when they do fail.

Quite a dilemma......
What a dilemma indeed peanut. <<hugs>>

My husband is facing a similar scenario, his results are already in and if he opts for the radical solution he will be cancer free but the odds of not having any of the known side effects of the operation are slim to none, so promises a longer life but with far less quality than he has now. Or does he go for the safer option with a risk of the cancer killing him within 5/10 years any way.

Anyone have a crystal ball they could lend us?
Old 20-11-2014, 13:32   #626
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Thanks (all the above).

To be honest I'm hoping for option F which is leave me alone (hospitals and doctors) but hope something happens that makes the decision for me (kind of heading that way, I just hope it's sooner rather than later). As I know whatever option I go for will most probably be the wrong one knowing my luck.

On the plus side 5-8 years tops now is a better outcome than were I was last year. Though the reality has kicked in a whole lot more now, so been in limbo for a while and I don't expect it to get any better.

I can only know what you're going through Jo through my own wife's eyes. I might be flippant with my comments about how things are but I just daren't go there yet to how things will end up later and how it affects everyone else around me. I'm hitting a brick wall now (mentally not physically) .
Old 20-11-2014, 13:50   #627
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Sometimes it is difficult to work out why life seems to knock the good & kind people in the world.
Old 20-11-2014, 13:58   #628
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I hate the new tactic of websites and such sending you emails saying they're 'sorry' for something. 'sorry' for an earlier email they sent earlier with the wrong info.

'sorry' for something that never actually happened.

and they say to make it up to you they're giving you 10% off your next order!

PEE OFF! you morons!
do I look stupid or what?!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 13:59   #629
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I hate the new tactic of websites and such sending you emails saying they're 'sorry' for something. 'sorry' for an earlier email they sent earlier with the wrong info.

'sorry' for something that never actually happened.

and they say to make it up to you they're giving you 10% off your next order!

PEE OFF! you morons!
do I look stupid or what?!
You want us to give you the answer?
Old 20-11-2014, 14:02   #630
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You want us to give you the answer?
Yes please.
it'll put my mind at rest
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote