Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 25-10-2005, 07:36   #811
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte
Wallace & grommit and the curse of the Wer-rabbit. Funny from start to finish, lots of hidden jokes if you pay enough attention.
My best friend and I saw it on Saturday; it's definitely the funniest film I've seen since Shrek 2. But with all the other people in the cinema, many of whom were adults, we just can't believe we were the only ones to get the joke when Gromit turned on the radio and it played 'Bright Eyes'!

Nick Park is without doubt a comic genius. Here's hoping he does another W & G. Two more. Several!

Mind you, as much as I respect Helena Bonham-Carter as an actress, I haven't been able to take her seriously since she appeared in Rik Mayall's Dancing Queen as a stripper from Rochdale. Anyone remember that?

One bloke at the stag do notices a tattoo on her upper thigh and asks, "What's that?"
She answers, in a really broad Rochdale accent: "It's a swallow. And don't ask - I dont."
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2005, 08:01   #812
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

Kung-Fu Hustle. 9/10
Old 25-10-2005, 08:26   #813
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Fave movies in the last year or two:

The Incredibles - my best friend had to talk me into seeing it, but I am so glad she did.
"Hey, if you suspected danger, why'd you bring 'em?"
"I didn't 'bring' 'em! They stowed away! And I don't think you're striking the proper tone here!"
The DVD collector's edition is superb, especially the short, "Jack-Jack Attack" - hysterical! "...I can totally handle anything this baby can dish out," says Kari confidently. She was wrong. So wrong. About as wrong as it is humanly possible to be.

The Last Samurai - another one I got talked into; until this film I hadn't thought much of Tom Cruise. But he was really good in this; he does seem to be maturing as an actor, and choosing his roles more carefully.

Collateral - another one I got talked into. Is there a pattern here?
I'm not into thrillers as a rule. So I was amazed at how much I enjoyed this film.

AVP - good, but not what us Predator/Alien fans were really hoping for. They did borrow bits from the original Dark Horse concept - namely that the Predators seeded planets with Aliens to hunt them as part of a rite of passage. The novels based on the comics refer to the Aliens in the Predators' language as the kainde amedha, the Hard Meat - as opposed to the pyode amedha, the Soft Meat...i.e. us. The character of Lex was almost the same as Machiko Noguchi, even to the extent of being Blooded by a Predator.

Spider-Man 2 - if there was ever a more human (and therefore realistic) superhero than the ol' webslinger, I've never heard of him. Even better than the first film, which is saying something.
Mind you, the more we see of Kirsten Dunst as a redhead, the better. Woof!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - a bit rushed in places, not really enough backstory, but much better than the first two. I'm so looking forward to the Goblet of Fire!

School of Rock - I'm sure it's been done before. But it was still good.

Hitch-Hiker's Guide - I tried to like this as much as I loved the radio series. I really did. I've been a fan forever, but this was only good in spots. The Point of View Gun was an Adams-ish concept (assuming Douglas didn't come up with it, as they were still producing the film when he died). Zooey Deschanel made a very pretty Trillian and certainly looked the part, but I'm not sure she really took the role seriously enough. Trillian was, after all, supposed to be a double-degree honours student (maths and astrophysics). It wasn't a bad try, though. If there's a sequel, hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes.
And as for the theme song...
"The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed"
- well, what can you say?
Old 27-10-2005, 15:35   #814
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Wallace & Gromit - Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Absolutely brilliant. Probably the funniest movie I've seen all year. Definitely recommended

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Very good. Maybe not quite as good as the excellent "A Nightmare Before Christmas", but still really bloody good. Great animation, great voice cast, well worth watching
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 22:50   #815
monkey2468
Inactive

Services: 1tb tivo, vhd, 60meg shub2 cablemodem, 1Xphoneline, Virgin mobile contract p
monkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quads

Watched 'Cheerleader Massacre' on the Horror channel the other night and it was extremely poor!!
monkey2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 22:54   #816
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

last movie i saw was land of the dead. fantastically cheesy and gory at the same time... 7/10

looking forward to Saw II tomorrow
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 23:48   #817
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I find horror movies naff they normally always have a senario where they have to enter a room/area and they must have a weapon or torch and its mafunctioning and they still go in.

But I must go and see Land of the dead. GR breaks the rules in horror
Old 27-10-2005, 23:53   #818
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
Except the UK version is cut to shreds. Oh well....
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 00:01   #819
Dave Stones
Inactive

Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
I find horror movies naff they normally always have a senario where they have to enter a room/area and they must have a weapon or torch and its mafunctioning and they still go in.

i'm only looking forward to saw II cos saw was great, and this version is like a slightly more evil version of cube.... if that's possible...

made by the same production company too, no wonder there are similarities
Old 29-10-2005, 15:57   #820
Dave Stones
Inactive

following from my last post, Saw II. Plenty of parallels to Cube, which didn't surprise me as they are both made by Lion's Gate. Plenty of gory cringe-worthy deaths... Another great twist at the end too, leaves the way wide open for Saw 3

Some poor acting though, which drags it down a bit

7/10
Old 29-10-2005, 16:35   #821
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Except the UK version is cut to shreds. Oh well....
I got unrated I got unrated. So have you
Old 29-10-2005, 18:28   #822
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I got unrated I got unrated. So have you
Certainly have - and there's no comparison between the two

All I'll say is messy
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 12:27   #823
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb
Saw 2

Did anyone go see this over the weekend ?

I went to see if Friday night with the misses on its release and I thought it was a brilliant film. Defintly on par with the first one. I wont give any spoilers out but for the people who did like these films can find an animated prequal over @ Yahoo! called Saw : Rebirth

Linky Linky
Old 07-11-2005, 22:18   #824
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Red Eye.

What a pile of old @rse.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 00:39   #825
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro
re: Rate the last movie you saw

The assasination of Richard Nixon

All I can say is - why did they bother making it?
Kliro is offline   Reply With Quote