Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 26-04-2018, 04:11   #5071
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Avengers Infinity War: 10/10

I am not giving it 10/10 for the sake of it as some of you probably expect me to do because I have given all the other Marvel films less in the past. This is by far the best out of all of them and perfect imho both in terms of technical achievement and the story/creativity in the film. With regards to the technical side of things, the special effects were superb. Normally in most films you watch something and you think "that looks good but I can tell it is fake smoke or a fake flame" but everything in this looked real and perfect and it needed to when you see how much CGI they have used.
On the important side of things though, the story is just excellent. I have been racking my brains out for weeks since I saw the first trailer wondering how they were going to bring everyone together without forcing it for the sake of them being together and fudging the story. They have done it so well, it all flows smoothly and just meshes perfectly. The other concern I had was with the film length. It is 2hrs 30 mins and I thought "this is going to be so good but with so many characters and the need for the Thanos story I want it to be 6hrs so we can cover everyone properly and spend enough time with each of the characters". I was worried that they were going to go into it knowing that we already know the characters and just go straight into the Thanos story but once again though what they have done and how they have done it is perfect. Yes there is a lot of action in it and combat but every single character is still given their own time to converse and interact with the other characters and it is brilliant to see how they all react to one another. There are more "lol" moments in this than any of the other Marvel films and it isn't forced or cheesy at all. I think it is an accidental by-product of brining everyone together and how they react to each other first time round.
I have spoken ad nauseam in the past about Marvel and how they manage to get that seemingly perfect balance in their films and this is the gold standard. This film has everything in it and is an emotional rollercoaster. We all love and are invested in the characters and there are a few times in the film, especially at the beginning when something happens and you say "**** yeah" (literally). There are so many funny one liners and it isn't forced and it isn't a comedy; it is just the people we know and love behaving naturally and reacting to their environment, especially Spiderman. Where Marvel gets it right is with the tone and balance. The circumstances in this story are dire and apocalyptic and the tone shifts when it needs to and you feel the tension in the film. You get punched in the stomach a few times and you feel it. I took a packet of tissues with me just in case but I was alright. I could hear someone at the back of the cinema balling their eyes out though.
The reason why I have given this 10/10 and not 9/10 or 9.5/10 is because absolutely nothing niggled at my realism factor. One thing was on my mind going into the film which started eating away at me the further we got into the film but they explain it perfectly which justifies the current set of events happening.

Spoiler: 
I went into the film thinking that it doesn't really matter what happens because we know Dr Strange is in it and when things get bad surely he can just turn back time and they can repeat events over and over again until they get the right outcome. There are obviously plenty of opportunities for him to do this throughout the film and I am sure he could have fixed things right at the start if he wanted to but then we wouldn't have had a film The one thing which really bugged me (like with The Last Jedi) was when Strange, Iron Man, Spider Man etc are on Titan towards the end of the film and they have devised a plan to immobilise Thanos and remove the gauntlet from his arm. It looked like they nearly had it until Peter blows it because he finds out Gamora is dead and starts attacking Thanos and inadvertently frees him. Something like this would normally do my nut in because although you feel his pain and his behaviour and reaction to the news is very genuine and realistic, I would like to think that given the gravity of the situation and the fact that they already had Thanos, common sense would be to let Iron Man and Spiderman remove the gauntlet first and then pummel him into the ground. I can easily let it go though because as annoying as it was, it was already pre-explained/justified in a way because Dr Strange said he had already looked at millions of future outcomes and there is only one where they win. He must have known that was going to happen and he allowed and needed it to happen as part of the desired course of events for them to ultimately win.

As an fyi, there is only one post credits scene right at the very end of the credits and you need to stay for it. It is pivotal to the story and not a teaser for a future Marvel film.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2018, 16:52   #5072
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Avengers Infinity War: 10/10

I am not giving it 10/10 for the sake of it as some of you probably expect me to do because I have given all the other Marvel films less in the past. This is by far the best out of all of them and perfect imho both in terms of technical achievement and the story/creativity in the film. With regards to the technical side of things, the special effects were superb. Normally in most films you watch something and you think "that looks good but I can tell it is fake smoke or a fake flame" but everything in this looked real and perfect and it needed to when you see how much CGI they have used.
On the important side of things though, the story is just excellent. I have been racking my brains out for weeks since I saw the first trailer wondering how they were going to bring everyone together without forcing it for the sake of them being together and fudging the story. They have done it so well, it all flows smoothly and just meshes perfectly. The other concern I had was with the film length. It is 2hrs 30 mins and I thought "this is going to be so good but with so many characters and the need for the Thanos story I want it to be 6hrs so we can cover everyone properly and spend enough time with each of the characters". I was worried that they were going to go into it knowing that we already know the characters and just go straight into the Thanos story but once again though what they have done and how they have done it is perfect. Yes there is a lot of action in it and combat but every single character is still given their own time to converse and interact with the other characters and it is brilliant to see how they all react to one another. There are more "lol" moments in this than any of the other Marvel films and it isn't forced or cheesy at all. I think it is an accidental by-product of brining everyone together and how they react to each other first time round.
I have spoken ad nauseam in the past about Marvel and how they manage to get that seemingly perfect balance in their films and this is the gold standard. This film has everything in it and is an emotional rollercoaster. We all love and are invested in the characters and there are a few times in the film, especially at the beginning when something happens and you say "**** yeah" (literally). There are so many funny one liners and it isn't forced and it isn't a comedy; it is just the people we know and love behaving naturally and reacting to their environment, especially Spiderman. Where Marvel gets it right is with the tone and balance. The circumstances in this story are dire and apocalyptic and the tone shifts when it needs to and you feel the tension in the film. You get punched in the stomach a few times and you feel it. I took a packet of tissues with me just in case but I was alright. I could hear someone at the back of the cinema balling their eyes out though.
The reason why I have given this 10/10 and not 9/10 or 9.5/10 is because absolutely nothing niggled at my realism factor. One thing was on my mind going into the film which started eating away at me the further we got into the film but they explain it perfectly which justifies the current set of events happening.

As an fyi, there is only one post credits scene right at the very end of the credits and you need to stay for it. It is pivotal to the story and not a teaser for a future Marvel film.
What Mon General said - this film blew me away.

Wow! Just "Wow!".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 14:09   #5073
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Avengers Infinity War: 9/10

I thought it was really good. Probably not my favourite Marvel film but probably breaks into the top three.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 14:22   #5074
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Probably not my favourite Marvel film
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...6#post35945154
Old 30-04-2018, 14:45   #5075
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Infinity War, 8/10.

Yes it was good, yes, a few surprises (and events that will need "fixing").
However, it was a bit rushed IMO, it was hard to keep track of what was happening in some scenes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 22:11   #5076
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Infinity War, 8/10.

Yes it was good, yes, a few surprises (and events that will need "fixing").
However, it was a bit rushed IMO, it was hard to keep track of what was happening in some scenes.
I think this is why I prefer the single-hero films as they can go at a slower pace.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 22:36   #5077
General Maximus
Ran Away

I didnt think it was faced paced or struggle to keep track of what was going on. I think the reason why they were able to get straight into (like BvS) is because we already know all the characters so well and where they are at in their lives so we could crack on with the story. I actually liked all the jumping about between groups because the one thing i was worried about balance i thought it was inevitable that somebody was going to be left out but it didnt happen. By flipping between team Cap on Earth, team Thor and team Iron Man all do their different things they kept the tension going becauss you felt like time was running out there was a certain sense of inevitability.
Old 01-05-2018, 23:09   #5078
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Infinity War 9/10
Old 02-05-2018, 08:46   #5079
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched STAR WARS (1977) on VHS

10/10
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 13:02   #5080
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I last watched STAR WARS (1977) on VHS

10/10
A true classic Dude.
Old 10-05-2018, 18:49   #5081
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Pacific Rim: Uprising. 7/10

Better than the trailer suggested. Liked the first better overall but this was still pretty good.
Old 10-05-2018, 18:54   #5082
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I'd go 5/10 it was extremely kiddiefied compared to the first, I can't say it did much for me.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 22:06   #5083
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Avengers Infinity War - 7/10

It was really good but waiting for the next one before giving final judgement.
Old 16-05-2018, 16:39   #5084
General Maximus
Ran Away

Deadpool 2: 9.5/10

Excellent sequel and builds on the first one in every way. They took all the things we loved in the first one and built on it; the intro credits are genius. I can't say too much without spoiling it atm but the balance was excellent and I have given it 9.5 for creative genius. This isn't just a comedy masked as a super hero film, it has a genuine serious super hero movie story line as all the other Marvel movies do but this one is different because they have woven the humour into it. There are many many jokes and you probably won't laugh at all of them because they appeal to different people but the ones you do find funny you'll laugh your ass off at. The best ones are when he takes the piss out of the other Marvel characters and movies.

As an fyi, there are two separate post credit scenes which are in quick succession after the initial credits when the film finishes. Unlike other Marvel movies there is no final scene right at the end of the main black credits so you don't need to waste your time waiting for it unless you want to hear the choir sing the "holy shit balls" song as part of the soundtrack.
Old 22-05-2018, 04:01   #5085
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Deadpool 2 : 7/10

Yeah, so it was ok, but not as good as the first one, IMO.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote