Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2018, 15:07   #4366
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

We watch YouTube music via their app on our TV, we can access anything we want, no need for a subscription.
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2018, 17:10   #4367
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sounds pricey to me for what you get. I won't be paying that!
Way too pricey as you say..
Old 19-06-2018, 17:26   #4368
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There is a 3-month free trial.
Old 19-06-2018, 17:48   #4369
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
There is a 3-month free trial.
Normal practise to lure potential customers in..
Old 20-06-2018, 11:28   #4370
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I upgraded my Google sub for the extra £2, I really enjoyed Cobra Kai and a couple of the other things on Premium look interesting. Although it is one very confusing mess, if you are a Google Play Music subscriber after you upgrade you are expected to cancel your Music sub otherwise you get charged twice. WTF! This is Google who manage to run you life from their phone OS but can't manage a subscription upgrade?

It is very nice being able to download Youtube content for the tube ride home, no adds (I watch a lot of youtube on my TV so this is a nice bonus) and all their originals are in 4K. Although a bit disappointed that even though PIP is a Android 8 feature Youtube puts this behind a paywall and the option doesn't exist on their TV OS at all.
Old 20-06-2018, 11:58   #4371
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Virgin Media strengthens Netflix alliance with integrated billing

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018...rated-billing/
Very good to see this.

If they could just secure Amazon Prime Video, as BT have done, Virgin Media would be in a really strong position.
Old 20-06-2018, 12:04   #4372
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I upgraded my Google sub for the extra £2, I really enjoyed Cobra Kai and a couple of the other things on Premium look interesting. Although it is one very confusing mess, if you are a Google Play Music subscriber after you upgrade you are expected to cancel your Music sub otherwise you get charged twice. WTF! This is Google who manage to run you life from their phone OS but can't manage a subscription upgrade?

It is very nice being able to download Youtube content for the tube ride home, no adds (I watch a lot of youtube on my TV so this is a nice bonus) and all their originals are in 4K. Although a bit disappointed that even though PIP is a Android 8 feature Youtube puts this behind a paywall and the option doesn't exist on their TV OS at all.
Did you get any sort of free trial ? Or was it a case of you couldn't have one because you already had Google Play music.
Old 20-06-2018, 12:49   #4373
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Very good to see this.

If they could just secure Amazon Prime Video, as BT have done, Virgin Media would be in a really strong position.
Yes, that's exactly my thinking. I hope VM don't take another decade thinking about it. I was hopeful that Amazon would come to Virgin this year, but we've heard nothing further about this and we are already half way through the year.
Old 20-06-2018, 16:47   #4374
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, that's exactly my thinking. I hope VM don't take another decade thinking about it. I was hopeful that Amazon would come to Virgin this year, but we've heard nothing further about this and we are already half way through the year.
Dream on, in my reasonably short time with Virgin I have realised that nothing happens quickly.
Old 20-06-2018, 16:52   #4375
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Dream on, in my reasonably short time with Virgin I have realised that nothing happens quickly.
Well, talks with Amazon started years ago! They might now be getting somewhere, but I am still waiting for news to crawl out of the woodwork. We may, however, have very little notice, because until the deal is done, confidentiality will be maintained.
Old 20-06-2018, 19:14   #4376
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Still hoping and praying l see OB..
Old 20-06-2018, 19:16   #4377
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Amazon Prime was rolled out to BT boxes today - but is NOT available to those with BT 4K boxes at this time.
Old 21-06-2018, 07:31   #4378
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Amazon Prime was rolled out to BT boxes today - but is NOT available to those with BT 4K boxes at this time.
Well, that's strange...
Old 21-06-2018, 21:48   #4379
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Amazon Prime Video has started to roll out to selected BT Youview boxes today it will be rolled out to customers throughout the summer including YouView+ Ultra HD boxes

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/06/...-roll-out.html
Old 22-06-2018, 19:10   #4380
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road

If you are thinking of watching the Amazon Prime football content on a Roku box, you may need to think again. You can't get the current Queens Club tennis on the Prime Video Roku app and it is highly unlikely you'd get the football either.
Assuming that Virgin don't get their finger out and do a deal in the next couple of months, looks like a Fire TV stick plus a cheap Now TV box is on the shopping list before the US Open in August which is now an Amazon 'exclusive'. Pity because Roku had potential as a 'one stop' shop (or plug) for OTT content which Virgin can't or won't get.
Closed Thread