Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 13:58   #4351
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

A new SVOD service that contains content entirely devoted to royalty launches in the UK.

One to avoid in this house, I think!

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018...y-tv-launches/
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2018, 14:37   #4352
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Can't wait for that !!!!!
Old 11-06-2018, 14:47   #4353
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Can't wait for that !!!!!
What MM as l thought that was right up your street being of regal blood.
Old 11-06-2018, 19:15   #4354
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

If they can keep all the carp in one place that we can avoid. Gets our vote.
Old 18-06-2018, 21:13   #4355
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

According to posters over on DS forum there's quite a few not happy with Amazon's live tennis particularly the picture.
Old 18-06-2018, 21:33   #4356
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Virgin Media strengthens Netflix alliance with integrated billing

Quote:
Virgin Media has laid out plans to further strengthen its UK partnership with SVOD streaming Netflix. From October, all new and existing Virgin TV customers who don’t yet have Netflix will be able to add and pay for Netflix through their Virgin Media bill, giving them an easier way to access to the content on the streaming service.

In addition to the new billing development, Virgin said that customers with a V6 box, Netflix Premium account and a compatible TV can now watch Netflix programming in 4K UHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) following a software update for the V6 box. The V6 is half the size of the previous TiVo box with 10 times the power and was built from the ground up to run apps such as Netflix, according to Virgin. To date, 1.6 million of Virgin TV’s 3.8 million customers have taken up the V6 box.
https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018...rated-billing/
Old 18-06-2018, 21:39   #4357
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
High Dynamic Range (HDR) following a software update for the V6 box.
I thought the V6 box was able to show HDR quality.
Old 18-06-2018, 22:14   #4358
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Just a heads up for anyone who subscribes to Google Play music or is interested in YouTube Premium the service is now live in the UK with the new YouTube Music app now available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44522200
Old 18-06-2018, 22:24   #4359
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I thought the V6 box was able to show HDR quality.
4K has been available since day 1, but HDR has only just been enabled in the latest software update.
Old 19-06-2018, 08:16   #4360
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Just a heads up for anyone who subscribes to Google Play music or is interested in YouTube Premium the service is now live in the UK with the new YouTube Music app now available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44522200
Sounds pricey to me for what you get. I won't be paying that!
Old 19-06-2018, 11:02   #4361
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sounds pricey to me for what you get. I won't be paying that!
I guess it depends if you already sub to Google for music , if not then I agree.
Old 19-06-2018, 13:38   #4362
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I guess it depends if you already sub to Google for music , if not then I agree.
The music bit is fine, but a very high charge for the remaining content. I can't see how this would be worth so much more than Netflix - in fact, I don't think any of this original content is particularly attractive to an adult audience.
Old 19-06-2018, 13:50   #4363
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The music bit is fine, but a very high charge for the remaining content. I can't see how this would be worth so much more than Netflix - in fact, I don't think any of this original content is particularly attractive to an adult audience.
Music Unlimited services are generally £9.99 so at £11.99 you are paying £2 for Ad free YouTube , downloads and YouTube Originals.

Like I say if you have no interest in music it's defo pricey.
Old 19-06-2018, 13:55   #4364
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Music Unlimited services are generally £9.99 so at £11.99 you are paying £2 for Ad free YouTube , downloads and YouTube Originals.

Like I say if you have no interest in music it's defo pricey.
I must have read the article incorrectly, then. I thought the £11.99 was just for the additional YouTube Originals.

Not so bad, then! I have Amazon Music at the moment, so maybe time to re-consider.
Old 19-06-2018, 13:59   #4365
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I must have read the article incorrectly, then. I thought the £11.99 was just for the additional YouTube Originals.

Not so bad, then! I have Amazon Music at the moment, so maybe time to re-consider.
You also get a 3 month free trial.
Closed Thread