Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 21-02-2018, 21:37   #1276
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
According to the trailer it's the 13th.
Thanks for spotting the typo - fixed.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2018, 22:38   #1277
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I haven't heard of it before but it sounds great. I am so glad that scifi is making such a massive comeback these days because once SG1 & BSG finished in ~2008 we were starved and had nothing decent for years.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 22:47   #1278
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The original aired for 3 series starting in 1965.

From the same guy that created Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants and others from that era.

Was a great little show and there was a movie in 1998 with Matt LeBlanc and Gary Oldman.

Great theme tune too, well season2 & 3, both the original and the Apollo 440 version from the movie.

Apparently John Williams is redoing the theme for this series.
Old 22-02-2018, 23:23   #1279
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I was talking about the Culture book. I used to love Land of the Giants/Time Tunnel/Lost in Space when i was younger. Like BSG and V, it is one of those things you look back on and think "it would be great if they could make it today with the new special effects so it looks real".

We are getting there. I think i said last week that i woukd like them to remake Land of the Giants. If this works out who knows!
Old 23-02-2018, 17:15   #1280
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I haven't heard of it before but it sounds great. I am so glad that scifi is making such a massive comeback these days because once SG1 & BSG finished in ~2008 we were starved and had nothing decent for years.
Depends on the definition of sci-fi and personally I group all fantasy type stuff under the scifi banner, so Game of Thrones and Walking Dead would come under this label.

There has been a deluge of both scifi and fantasy shows, so I don't see how we are starved, but I suppose it depends on what you like.

There are just a few shows over the last eight years that come under scifi or fantasy banners that I think are worth a try for those that have not seen them:

The Expanse
Tru Blood
Awake
The Returned/Resurrection
The 100
Into the Badlands
Revolution
Colony
Falling Skies
Outcast
Outlander
Extant
Supernatural
Revolution
V

Some of the superheroes stuff, and obviously its not just a deluge of these type of shows, but a flood.

There's tons of stuff. In a sense, we're in a golden age of tv, the problem is not lack of shows, but finding them and having enough time to watch them all.
Old 23-02-2018, 17:44   #1281
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Fantasy stuff comes under the SciFan umbrella, not Scifi and never will. You on the other hand can group anything under whatever banner you want.

Watch and follow whatever you enjoy.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 17:53   #1282
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

The Expanse Season 3 is back in April.

https://www.space.com/39804-the-expa...w-trailer.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 18:27   #1283
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Depends on the definition of sci-fi
My bad, when I said scifi I meant "space" series. As you demonstrated in your list, there has been a consistent flow of scifi shows over the last 10 years but apart from The Expanse (which I still think of as being new) we didn't really have any quality space series after BSG and Stargate finished.
I am well chuffed we have got Lost in Space and The Expanse one day after the other in April.
Old 28-02-2018, 10:37   #1284
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Is Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD coming to an end? Recently, co-showrunners Maurisa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon spoke with TVLine about the future of the ABC TV show.

At a recent celebration for Agents of SHIELD‘s 100th episode, co-showrunner Jed Whedon told TVLine they are writing the season five finale as a series finale just in case ABC does not renew the show:

“Yeah, we’re ready for if this is the end. We’re definitely going to make it rewarding either way. We can certainly pivot and there are certain things that we’re putting in that at the last minute could be adjusted. But we know at the end we’re not moving off that mark. We’re going to do what we were planning to do, and I think that it’ll be thrilling either way.”
Old 08-03-2018, 17:01   #1285
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Live action Star Wars TV show is actually happening http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 17:26   #1286
General Maximus
Ran Away

that will be good, I have been hoping they would do something like this for years. It will be a premium series which will pull everyone to Disney's streaming service.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:15   #1287
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

This weeks sees the 100th episode of Agents of SHIELD.

However, its looking likely that it may not get past the end of this season, current rumours are that Season 5 will probably be its last.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:00   #1288
General Maximus
Ran Away

It does my head in. It is so much better than the DC shite (Black Lightning is doing my head in and I think I am going to stop watching it) and I would take it over the Marvel/Netflix series as well. I will look it up later but I am sure AoS had more viewers than the rest of them. I don't understand why they cancel good series and keep rubbish ones going.

I think they are doing it so the entire Marvel Universe syncs up and wraps up nicely because AoS has always loosely tied in with what is happening in the films. I know we are only getting P1 of Infinity Wars this year but they can't really move on story wise in AoS if they renewed it next year when P2 will still be dealing with something which happened a year ago (if that makes sense).

Last edited by General Maximus; 09-03-2018 at 09:05.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:59   #1289
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from The Sun:

Game of Thrones fans got a glimpse of the final series as a huge castle set was erected in Belfast.

Workers, cranes and diggers are busy constructing the spectacular fortress, which included turrets and ramparts.

It's not clear what the set is trying to show - possibly the scene of a gigantic battle between Winterfell and the White Walkers, or perhaps a new fantastical location not yet seen in the much-loved HBO fantasy series.

The almost-completed £1million set is being built in Belfast's Titanic Quarter after a mammoth five-month project.

It is the most expensive movie set ever to be made in Northern Ireland.

Our set shots show panels for directors to add CGI special effects.

A shroud of secrecy surrounds the last season, with fans desperate to know how the epic saga ends.
Follow red link for pictures and full story.
Old 09-03-2018, 14:00   #1290
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Only another 13 months as the crow flies...