Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 24-09-2019, 14:10   #1891
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
No, the V-HD box is still in use.

Besides, having a recorder doesn't help if you've already missed the start of a programme.
I thought vm boxes had a buffer of 30 minutes?
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2019, 14:20   #1892
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I thought vm boxes had a buffer of 30 minutes?
One of the tuners has to be on that channel. If you want to watch a show on a channel that isn't on one of the tuners you've missed it until it's on Catch-up, or a scheduled repeat, unless it has a +1.

I believe one of the updates, a while back, disabled the non-Live tuners on original VM Tivos to speed up their performance, so now only V6 boxes have the the ability for all their tuners.

I often make sure the other 5 tuners are for channels I may want to rewind if I have nothing scheduled to record.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 14:49   #1893
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I think they mean will the +1s be moved up in the EPG to be on the number next to the HD channel.

E.g. TLC SD is 167, TLC HD is 168 and TLC +1 is currently 169. They are probably wondering if TLC +1 will move up 1 number.
We did forgot to look that TLC.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Virgin Media UK to give some Sky and Comcast channels new homes from October 1st.

As of October 1st:
109. Sky One
110. Sky One HD
111. Sky Witness
112. Sky Witness HD
121. Universal TV HD
122. Universal TV
123. Sky Arts
135. Sky Crime HD
136. Sky Crime
137. Syfy HD
138. Syfy
139. TBC - (E! HD?)
140. TBC - (E!?)
156. Sky Arts HD
160. TBC - (Sky Two?)
164. Challenge
165. Pick
180. Sky Witness +1
206. Universal TV +1
207. Sky Crime +1
229. Syfy +1
230. Challenge +1

Sources: What's on TV and Total TV Guide.

©copyright 2019 Media Boy 2006 - 2019. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 15:10   #1894
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

That's interesting MB. Thanks.

What I don't understand is why they are switching the SD versions first for Sky 1 and Sky Witness, but all the others the HD channel is first, except for Sky Arts...which I can understand because there isn't an adjacent number so they opted for the one with the widest availability.
Old 24-09-2019, 15:15   #1895
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Perhaps there are more changes to come when Sky Comedy launches - unless that's what 139 and 140 will be used for.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 15:36   #1896
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Perhaps there are more changes to come when Sky Comedy launches - unless that's what 139 and 140 will be used for.
Comcast own E! but both What's on TV and Total TV Guide do not list E! and Sky Two.
Old 24-09-2019, 15:38   #1897
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
We did forgot to look that TLC.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Virgin Media UK to give some Sky and Comcast channels new homes from October 1st.

As of October 1st:
109. Sky One
110. Sky One HD
111. Sky Witness
112. Sky Witness HD
121. Universal TV HD
122. Universal TV
123. Sky Arts
135. Sky Crime HD
136. Sky Crime
137. Syfy HD
138. Syfy
139. TBC - (E! HD?)
140. TBC - (E!?)
156. Sky Arts HD
160. TBC - (Sky Two?)
164. Challenge
165. Pick
180. Sky Witness +1
206. Universal TV +1
207. Sky Crime +1
229. Syfy +1
230. Challenge +1

Sources: What's on TV and Total TV Guide.

©copyright 2019 Media Boy 2006 - 2019. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Thanks for that. I’m actually surprised VM are not closing SD channels and promoting the HD version, like with Discovery. Try TV & Satellite Week as they list both channels, MB.

Last edited by Aguero9320; 24-09-2019 at 15:46.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 16:06   #1898
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Thanks for that. I’m actually surprised VM are not closing SD channels and promoting the HD version, like with Discovery. Try TV & Satellite Week as they list both channels, MB.
It has to be agreed with the channel provider, and given they only recently did a new deal with Sky if it was agreed to it would be happening.

Given there are so few exclusive channels to the Maxit/XL packs, it could be argued they needed something to remain that would appeal to those who aren't interested in the BT Sport channels, it's mostly HD versions that remain.
Old 24-09-2019, 16:18   #1899
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I was going to buy Radio Times but I pick up Total TV Guide.
Old 24-09-2019, 20:50   #1900
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
One of the tuners has to be on that channel. If you want to watch a show on a channel that isn't on one of the tuners you've missed it until it's on Catch-up, or a scheduled repeat, unless it has a +1.

I believe one of the updates, a while back, disabled the non-Live tuners on original VM Tivos to speed up their performance, so now only V6 boxes have the the ability for all their tuners.

I often make sure the other 5 tuners are for channels I may want to rewind if I have nothing scheduled to record.
Ah i see thanks for explaining

Edit.

Judging by the listings for SKY Crime next week i don't think Sony and Discovery crime channels have anything to worry about.
Old 24-09-2019, 20:53   #1901
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

They should just have a Sky Reality channel and put all the crap on there.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 21:18   #1902
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
At this rate a bigger hard drive is going to be needed with many of the SD channels going the hard drive is filling up that much quicker with HD recordings.
I've had V6 boxes for 2 1/2 years and have been asking that question from day 1.

When sold Virgin, I was told by the rep that a bigger disk (2Tb or 4Tb) would be 'coming soon' - still waiting!

If you think HD fills the disk try recording programs in UHD.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Quote:

How do you do that?

Have used the current channel re-wind several times - very useful.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 23:04   #1903
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I was going to buy Radio Times but I pick up Total TV Guide.
TV and sattelite weekly is a much better guide imo.
Old 24-09-2019, 23:40   #1904
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Bollywood music channel MTV Beats (channel 841) closes next Monday at 6am
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 00:04   #1905
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
How do you do that?

Have used the current channel re-wind several times - very useful.
You press Info (i) button when the screen shows nothing but the channel. On the left side of the info box that appears there are 5 option icons. Each time you press down arrow it changes the selected option and the contents in the main part of the box. The bottom option is the tuners, the icon looks like 3 stacked dishes.

Press down arrow button until you highlight the bottom option for the tuners. It will then display the channels and current programme name for the the 5 tuners you aren't watching. Press right arrow to highlight top tuner, press down from there to select the other 4 tuners. Once you have decided when tuner you want to change press OK button. The screen will now show that channel.

Change channel as per normal by typing channel number. Then repeat this process for every tuner you want to set. You then go on watching whatever one of the 6 tuners you feel like, knowing that you can go to any of the 6 channels and rewind them if you want to.

Unless a recording kicks in. If the recording isn't from one of channels the tuner is on the box will select one of the 5 you aren't watching to use for the recording, and you can be sure which one. And if you put the box into standby it loses the buffer, though it will awake in the same channels unless the box has been rebooted for any reason, in which case it shows VM previews on them. So this isn't foolproof, but it can be handy.