Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think of your engineer this Christmas :)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Installing virgin

Old 13-12-2016, 21:53   #1
squig007
Inactive

squig007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing virgin

Hi guys virgin have arrived in my area . I have a tarmac driveway only access to my house. Will the track a small width to lay cable to the house as various people are giving different answers ?
squig007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2016, 22:56   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Installing virgin

Unless you can get the guys digging in the street to put a groove to your house then it will be a No, virgin installers have a couple of spades to dig, thats all
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 09:17   #3
squig007
Inactive

Do they not send someone out before installation to inspect and ascertain what needs done. I saw a driveway being tracked last week .
Old 14-12-2016, 12:55   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

They do only have spades, but where they can't dig the installers may lay the cables along the edge in 'green tubing' and cover it with cement.

..at least this is what they have done to three of my friends installations.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 13:13   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Ive heard project lighting will dig from the pavment right up to the house if you sign up while the dig is in progress

Last edited by jb66; 14-12-2016 at 13:41.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 13:18   #6
squig007
Inactive

here's the strange thing I live in a housing developemt of 700 houses they have done the whole estate except my street and I've just heard this morning when I rang the way development that they won't be doing my street . They wouldn't give me an explanation I'm gutted is there anything I can do ?

Last edited by squig007; 14-12-2016 at 13:21.
Old 14-12-2016, 14:16   #7
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Sounds like a wayleave issue
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 14:21   #8
squig007
Inactive

But the street is like any other ?
Old 14-12-2016, 14:33   #9
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Is the road under the ownership of the local council (adopted)?

The expansion agreement is with the local council. If the road is still owned by a developer or such like it will not be in the expansion plans.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 14:45   #10
squig007
Inactive

Yes it has been adopted by the council . Who do I appeal to or try and find out what the hell has happened
Old 14-12-2016, 17:41   #11
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

This is similar to my thread - my diagram wasn't very clear - there is a neighbour's driveway entrance between my garden and the footpath area. My concern is that the toby box might get placed on the edge of the footpath but not come across the tarmac. I think I'll have to find out who owns what...

It would be a shame not to be able to get VM owing to a 3m strip of tarmac after having FTTP install in the street.

Last edited by Onramp; 14-12-2016 at 17:54.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 23:05   #12
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Squig007 if you want to PM me your details I will get you an answer if that helps?

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 23:16   #13
squig007
Inactive

Got it sorted they are waiting on the paperwork from road services starting 9th ian 2017