Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin FSD9230-4 wireless help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin FSD9230-4 wireless help

Old 09-02-2009, 14:03   #1
Moopet_431
Inactive

Moopet_431 is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin FSD9230-4 wireless help

I am connected to the internet with Virgin Media and was previously running it through a Linksys router, but that packed up. Today I purchased a Belkin FSD9230-4 wireless G+MIMO router under advice from techincal support in the shop. I followed the instructions and now have wireless internet on one of the household laptops, although as I don't have a desktop computer, there is an ethernet cable connecting the router to another laptop. I need help setting this laptop wireless so that the only cables are from the router to the modem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Moopet_431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2009, 15:18   #2
smee init
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM 20Mb
smee init is on a distinguished roadsmee init is on a distinguished road
Re: Belkin FSD9230-4 wireless help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopet_431 View Post
I am connected to the internet with Virgin Media and was previously running it through a Linksys router, but that packed up. Today I purchased a Belkin FSD9230-4 wireless G+MIMO router under advice from techincal support in the shop. I followed the instructions and now have wireless internet on one of the household laptops, although as I don't have a desktop computer, there is an ethernet cable connecting the router to another laptop. I need help setting this laptop wireless so that the only cables are from the router to the modem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Just do the same as you did with the wireless one surely or are you trying to say it wont?

Ooh and welcome to forum.

Try this self help guide http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/..._to_router.pdf
smee init is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 15:28   #3
Moopet_431
Inactive

The installation guide told me to connect an ethernet cable from the router to my laptop, the master computer in the house. The other laptop picked up the wireless signal automatically, but I don't want my laptop to be wired. I wish to know if there is any way to set the master up wirelessly so the only wires going from the router are the power cable and the ethernet to the modem.
Old 09-02-2009, 15:32   #4
smee init
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopet_431 View Post
The installation guide told me to connect an ethernet cable from the router to my laptop, the master computer in the house. The other laptop picked up the wireless signal automatically, but I don't want my laptop to be wired. I wish to know if there is any way to set the master up wirelessly so the only wires going from the router are the power cable and the ethernet to the modem.
You dont have to have any pc/laptop wired to it disconect it and set it up for wireless.
Old 09-02-2009, 15:35   #5
Moopet_431
Inactive

when i unplug the ethernet cable that goes from my router to my laptop, the connection goes, so then I search for a wireless connection. I find the connection from my router, but it connects as Local Only, it wont give me Local and Internet.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Problem solved. Looks like it was just a hitch earlier, I've tried it yet again and it seems to work. Weird. Thanks for the responses and help anyway, I appreciate it.
Old 09-02-2009, 15:38   #6
smee init
Inactive

Check your LAN properties and make sure its set to obtain ip address automatically.

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

No problem glad to help.