Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Old 11-02-2013, 11:01   #121
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Quote:
The BMA is worried that the more people start using e-cigarettes the more it will normalise something that looks like smoking. They have called for the ban on smoking in public places to be extended to e-cigarettes.

A decision on whether the regulation of electronic cigarettes should be tightened will be made in a few weeks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21406540
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2013, 11:52   #122
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Ridiculous.

the only thing that the government will want out of this, is to be able to tax them.

they with the help of those idiots against them will base their reasons on

They can legally be sold to children.
it glamorise something that looks like smoking.
the more people that use them the more it normalises smoking.

madness. it really is.
tell them and the government to go and get stuffed.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

I've worked it out that those on e-cigarettes have caused the government to lose about 1 billion pounds a year in taxes

woo hoo!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 14:17   #123
RizzyKing

They say they want to cut the health damage of smoking and as soon as something comes along that does that and still allows people to enjoy the experience they want it banned. I really wish they would just come clean drop all this health nonsense and admit it is about money.
Old 11-02-2013, 14:32   #124
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I bet a few of those at the charity actually smoke. I bet a few of their children actually smoke.

as you say they want everybody to give up smoking, but only with will power.
they don't mind patches (probably because the right people make money)
but something that has proved to work they are against.

this crap about bringing children into the argument all the time is a load of rubbish.
are they disgusted with people who blow out vapour because it's "I don't care. it looks like smoke!"
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 14:41   #125
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
They say they want to cut the health damage of smoking and as soon as something comes along that does that and still allows people to enjoy the experience they want it banned. I really wish they would just come clean drop all this health nonsense and admit it is about money.
The 'argument' is whether or not they should be classed as medication (like patches and gum etc.). If they are, they will need to adhere to strict quality controls, which they aren't at present. The ecig companies can't afford this, so they would go out of business, leaving the market to the pharmaceutical companies with their ineffective Nicotine Replacement Therapies. This really is what it's about. The interests of the pharmaceutical companies. That, and the red herring of the safety of ecigs.

Obviously, all of this ignores the fact that there's little or no quality control for cigarettes (they aren't classed as medication), or the fact that anything has to be safer than burning and inhaling tobacco.

I don't think the current situation where there is no regulation whatsoever is particularly good though. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. I'm hoping for something sensible like a ban on liquids over a certain nicotine strength, and possibly some controls over actual strength.
Old 11-02-2013, 16:01   #126
RizzyKing

What really annoys the hell out of me is that smokers were told to be responsible and think of others and many hundreds of thousands at least have and switched to ecigs and now they are a target for a ban be it openly or through the back door with the likes of the EU's tobbaco products directive or whatever it is called. This is just a witchhunt by two main groups the anti-smokers who cannot stand anyone enjoying the smoking experience and the drug companys who want a monopoly to hock their useless nrt range. So sick and tired of it all i really am.
Old 16-02-2013, 19:08   #127
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Around 750000 people in uk now using electric cigarettes expected to top a million this year
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 20:16   #128
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

End of the day the government is losing out of loads of revenue and they will not take that lying down

Expect there to be a ban and the customs to be told to be heavy handed on anyone importing.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 20:28   #129
RizzyKing

Well if the government do ban this it will once and for all blow the whole "for the health of" out of the water as these are significantly better for everyone then normal tobacco which many of us would go back too. I didn't think i would take to ecigs as well as i have pleasant surprise and now i have a new kit so much better then the ciggie lookalike one i had.
Old 29-03-2013, 21:08   #130
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I thought i'd give the e cigs a bash so i tried my wifes for a couple of days and was very surprised .This is the one the wife tried on a recommend from a friend

http://www.vipelectroniccigarette.co...-kit-p-33.html

She got some menthol tips to go with it but i tried the two tobacco tips that came with it and it seems to work for me so i will be getting my own kit next week using the Virginia tobacco tips instead of the American tobacco ones .
I know you guys don't hold with the imitation ciggy ones but these are good and i can have a couple of inhales as and when whilst driving the truck .I am finding that i only need a 3-4 inhales and i feel like i have had a real smoke but without the stopping and finding somewhere to park so it seems to work for me
Old 29-03-2013, 21:24   #131
RizzyKing

I started off with an imitation ciggy type kit but quickly moved onto a ego tank type kit as the more I used the ciggy type the faster the tips wore out and got harder to get a decent puff out of. Also started to get more burnt exhales as well the main advantage I found with the tank type kits is the consistency in inhales from first to last. I got my kit of lastcig.co.uk and is a good introduction to tanks. Then all you got to do is find the liquid you like and your set.

Main thing is finding out if it is something that can work for you which you have all the rest will come as you get more into it can be daunting at first good luck to you hope you carry on with it.
Old 29-03-2013, 21:35   #132
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I started off with an imitation ciggy type kit but quickly moved onto a ego tank type kit as the more I used the ciggy type the faster the tips wore out and got harder to get a decent puff out of. Also started to get more burnt exhales as well the main advantage I found with the tank type kits is the consistency in inhales from first to last. I got my kit of lastcig.co.uk and is a good introduction to tanks. Then all you got to do is find the liquid you like and your set.

Main thing is finding out if it is something that can work for you which you have all the rest will come as you get more into it can be daunting at first good luck to you hope you carry on with it.
Will definitely keep up with it .whether i use the imitation cigs or the liquid remains to be seen but as you say it is like a proof of concept test .I may
just get a few of the cartomizers for about a tenner and try them for a week or 2 without getting the full kit ,if they are working then i will stick with them if not then i will get the liquid kit
Old 07-05-2013, 16:59   #133
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

How's everyone doing in here? Ten months without a fag for me now, and I've given up the electronic cigarette completely now. I'm still getting the odd bout of irritability now and then, but I'm officially a nonsmoker
Old 07-05-2013, 17:35   #134
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post

How's everyone doing in here? Ten months without a fag for me now, and I've given up the electronic cigarette completely now. I'm still getting the odd bout of irritability now and then, but I'm officially a nonsmoker
Yeah, we noticed!!!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 17:39   #135
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yeah, we noticed!!!!