Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Old 12-12-2012, 18:05   #76
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Typically, the systems that are meant to look like a fag are self-activated in that they activate when you take a drag.

Go on, Papa Smurf. You know you want to
ive ordered an e cigar kit -to see if i can keep off the real thing especially at crimbo when i have a glass or twelve of port on the go.
Old 12-12-2012, 21:04   #77
RizzyKing

Yeah my kit is self activating although the one's where you press a button are supposedly more reliable and better on battery use. I am more then happy at the minute with what i got and it has kept me off the rollies for going on two and half weeks now so can't be that bad lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 21:08   #78
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

It really is amazing how good these things are at keeping people off the fags. Granted, most people don't give up on the nicotine, but in terms of replacing fags and harm reduction they really are the bees knees.
Old 13-12-2012, 09:12   #79
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
It really is amazing how good these things are at keeping people off the fags. Granted, most people don't give up on the nicotine, but in terms of replacing fags and harm reduction they really are the bees knees.
Indeed they are. OK, at the moment I still have the nicotine addiction which will eventually have to be dealt with but at least I'm not sucking down all the tar and other nasties that you get from burning leaves.

Just got another friend started on this recently. Her cigarette use has dropped by 75% within a couple of weeks.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 18:21   #80
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I've officially failed.
Traffic was diabolical. I've lost 2 batteries in the car or somewhere. I was really stressed out and the baccy tin was in the glovebox telling me to use it.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 18:34   #81
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
one can even get weed flavour -whatever that is
Old 13-12-2012, 18:49   #82
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
one can even get weed flavour -whatever that is
I could tell you, but...

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I've officially failed.
Traffic was diabolical. I've lost 2 batteries in the car or somewhere. I was really stressed out and the baccy tin was in the glovebox telling me to use it.
Get better kit is all I can say. I linked to a starter kit in post 2 which comes with decent batteries. It also has the thread that Bulky advised as being most compatible with other kit. It should make quite a difference. Alternatively, get the one at the bottom of this post. 1100mah should give you lots of whack, and they should last ages. Best ask Bulky though. He sounds like he's tried every mod under the sun.

Either way, don't consider yourself failed. Lots of don't give up the fags in one go. Many people wean themselves off them over a period of time.

1100mah Riva Starter Kit
Old 13-12-2012, 19:40   #83
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Get better kit is all I can say. I linked to a starter kit in post 2 which comes with decent batteries. It also has the thread that Bulky advised as being most compatible with other kit. It should make quite a difference. Alternatively, get the one at the bottom of this post. 1100mah should give you lots of whack, and they should last ages. Best ask Bulky though. He sounds like he's tried every mod under the sun.

Either way, don't consider yourself failed. Lots of don't give up the fags in one go. Many people wean themselves off them over a period of time.

1100mah Riva Starter Kit
Thanks. I'm gonna buy that one.

can you give me a quick rundown on cartomisers and clearomisers?
Old 13-12-2012, 19:50   #84
danielf
cf.mega poser

I've only tried the clearomizer that comes with that kit, and I prefer the clearomizer as you can see how much liquid is left. I really don't know about other systems. Perhaps Dai or Bulky can chip in on that one. The battery should make a massive difference though.
Old 13-12-2012, 20:40   #85
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Ok.
I've just bought it anyway.
I think I'll be happy with this one as it'll last longer. and I can see the liquid.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Anyone recommend any e-liquid?

the last lot I bought was 60ml for around £20 posted from jacvapour.

I've used nearly 40ml in 8 days.
so a quick guesstimate
£9 for 50g baccy lasts around 5 days = £54 for 30 days.
150ml I'll need for 30 days = £50
Old 13-12-2012, 20:55   #86
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Totally wicked got a great yoyo sale on till the 21st
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:56   #87
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Ok.
I think I'll be happy with this one as it'll last longer. and I can see the liquid.

so a quick guesstimate
It seems a little odd to me that you're going through quite a bit of liquid when you don't seem to be that heavy a smoker. It may be that it really is the throat hit you're after, and the new batteries ought to help with that. Having said that: on the cost front, higher nicotine levels don't cost more, but they do give you more throat hit, and you'd think that you'd be satisfied earlier so would use less of the liquid.

I'd consider getting the strength you're using now plus some stronger liquid. Then see how you like the two, and how much you use of each.
Old 13-12-2012, 20:57   #88
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Ok.

so a quick guesstimate
your not supposed to bath in it
Old 13-12-2012, 20:59   #89
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Average use should be 2-3ml per day
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:01   #90
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
Average use should be 2-3ml per day
Yes, that's the number I had in mind.

(I'm using about .5ml, zero nicotine content, I'm hoping to finally kick it over the three weeks holiday I've got lined up. Change of scenery for the final push, hopefully )