Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Is The MOST Expensive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile Is The MOST Expensive

Old 28-08-2007, 19:19   #16
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Re: Virgin Mobile Is The MOST Expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBooBoo View Post
3 are the cheapest when it comes to data allowance!

£5 a month for unlimited access.

Ohh and there are rumors that sky are after 3UK although I cant see it some how!
Hope Sky don't buy 3uk that would mean i would have to get rid of my phone can't stand sky/murdock wouldn't give them my hard earned cash
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-08-2007, 19:23   #17
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
Hope Sky don't buy 3uk that would mean i would have to get rid of my phone can't stand sky/murdock wouldn't give them my hard earned cash

I never understand people like you - how is giving his companies money different to those or anyone else?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 19:46   #18
saabmania2

saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I never understand people like you - how is giving his companies money different to those or anyone else?
cos i can't stand sky and murdock, everything they do is underhanded but then that's my opinion
Old 28-08-2007, 19:47   #19
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
A lot of families (mine included) lost a lot of money as a result of actions by the Murdochs. In my case, my family lost 10s of thousands of pounds in profit because during the newspaper price wars in the 80's (initiated by the Sun), for nearly a year we were actually paying more wholesale for the Sun than the cover price we were allowed to charge.

Yes, the wonderful Murdochs reduced the cover price, then fought the price war with other people's money, as they didn't reduce the wholesale costs of the papers.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 19:58   #20
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
cos i can't stand sky and murdock, everything they do is underhanded but then that's my opinion
Well said

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 20:17   #21
saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggle View Post
Well said
Thank you,Thank you sky lovers
Old 28-08-2007, 20:19   #22
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Guys, we are a little off topic.
Old 28-08-2007, 20:27   #23
saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Guys, we are a little off topic.
Yes perhaps we are, it was fun whilst it lasted though

anyway back on topic Virgin might be a bit more expensive than the rest, but think about it for a minuite, when you phone virgin cust services you get the best possable service going fast,friendly and politie and even sometimes they can be helpful.
Old 28-08-2007, 22:11   #24
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
A lot of families (mine included) lost a lot of money as a result of actions by the Murdochs.
The same could be said of other companies but I've never heard others talk about an owner with such venom.

As for fast, friendly CS from Virgin - you must be phoning a different company to me as I've found them to be awful
Old 29-08-2007, 01:00   #25
Stuart
-

Quote:
The same could be said of other companies but I've never heard others talk about an owner with such venom.
Well, I can only speak for myself here, but they are the only company to cause our family to lose thousands of pounds.

Quote:
As for fast, friendly CS from Virgin - you must be phoning a different company to me as I've found them to be awful
That's just it. The service from Virgin is neither bad nor good. As with most companies, it depends on the call centre you get. Whenever I have phoned Virgin, I had sometimes had good service. Sometimes bad.

I have a BT phone line, and I've noticed the same with them.
Old 29-08-2007, 08:56   #26
Shaun
Inactive

Quote:
That's just it. The service from Virgin is neither bad nor good. As with most companies, it depends on the call centre you get. Whenever I have phoned Virgin, I had sometimes had good service. Sometimes bad.

I have a BT phone line, and I've noticed the same with them.
Which was sort of my pout Stu. They're all pretty crap except for the odd member of staff (who they tend to give a hard time to until they get just as crap as the rest) which is why I can't understand why people feel the need to limit themselves to one supplier.

If they're all as crap, you may as well get the best product for the cheapest price and know however much hassle there is you'd be getting that just as much if you paid more/took a worse product.

Don't know if that makes sense to anyone else.
Old 06-09-2007, 19:25   #27
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

What a load of crap!

How is it £5 per MB on Virgin Mobile?

0.5p per kb is half a penny whilst Orange charge 4p per kb

If it was £5 per MB it would cost 5p per KB, you'd find Carphone Warehouse networks which comprise as Fresh Mobile,TalkTalk,Mobile World and M&S Mobile the most expensive and then Orange since they charge £4 per MB.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 16:34   #28
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
What a load of crap!

How is it £5 per MB on Virgin Mobile?

0.5p per kb is half a penny whilst Orange charge 4p per kb

If it was £5 per MB it would cost 5p per KB, you'd find Carphone Warehouse networks which comprise as Fresh Mobile,TalkTalk,Mobile World and M&S Mobile the most expensive and then Orange since they charge £4 per MB.
Quite easily seeing as...

1Mb = 1000Kb,
1Kb = 0.5p
therefore 1Mb = 1000 x 0.5p
which mean.... 1Mb = 500p

So that's, errr, £5 then! And they say numeracy skills in this country are slipping.

Orange also have a £1.50 max daily charge for data, but if they did charge 4p per Kb then that'd be £40 per Mb!
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:39   #29
JohnWB
Inactive

Services: Two V6 boxes, 200meg BB
JohnWB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought this may be of interest.

T-Mobile Pay As You Go users can now opt for a five-day web'n'walk service priced at £2.50 a pop - that's a cheap-tastic 50p a day for unlimited data use. It's compatible with 40 T-Mobile PAYG handsets, and can be activated by calling 879, texting "web" to 441 or visiting the [LINK]T-Mobile site[http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/service/yo...id=myt-mobile].
JohnWB is offline   Reply With Quote