Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Additional Service?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Additional Service?

Old 08-09-2007, 13:14   #1
grey
Inactive

Services: tvl/20bb
grey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Additional Service?

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from a three for thirty package to the (no longer available) four for forty. When i upgraded i added a mobile sim, on the web site it said the package included tv Large. This was available to new and exsisting customers taking a new service. Now I call them to ask about my TV Large and they say that the mobile sim is not classed as a new service. I was told on the second call that a "request" would be put forward for the TV upgrade. Ofcourse two weeks later and still no upgrade!
Is a sim a new service? Should I get TV L as part of the 4 for £40 package?
grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2007, 14:24   #2
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Additional Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from a three for thirty package to the (no longer available) four for forty. When i upgraded i added a mobile sim, on the web site it said the package included tv Large. This was available to new and exsisting customers taking a new service. Now I call them to ask about my TV Large and they say that the mobile sim is not classed as a new service. I was told on the second call that a "request" would be put forward for the TV upgrade. Ofcourse two weeks later and still no upgrade!
Is a sim a new service? Should I get TV L as part of the 4 for £40 package?
As far as I can see yes. As you already had 3 services then the only other one to add was the mobile sim.

The "Get it together" bundle leaflet shows only large tv as being available in bundles.

I had broadband and mobile and just last week added large tv (self install) to make a 3 for £30 package. £2 extra per month for large tv is a good deal.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 15:53   #3
grey
Inactive

Angry Re: Additional Service?

Argh! I just checked the VM site and the 4 4 £40 is back, and its now got TV XL as standard!
When i got my additional service it was TV L and they wont even give that to me! It says in the terms "exsisting customers taking a new service", whats a sim if its not a new service? Like dave_dph said its the only service i could upgrade too.
Damn, give the new customers XL and then welch when exsisting customers upgrade.
Old 08-09-2007, 17:23   #4
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Try again, you might speak to a rep who will do it for you.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 21:33   #5
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers View Post
Try again, you might speak to a rep who will do it for you.
Or select the option to disconnect when you call, you might get more luck from Retentions that you will from Customer Services.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 20:58   #6
dgardner

Hi,
I checked the website and it says an additional cable service so the sim wouldn't count for the 4 for 40.00
Old 13-09-2007, 17:07   #7
Lunatic Mick
Inactive

Services: XL TV with Sky Sports Package two Tivo V6 Boxes 200mb
Lunatic Mick is an unknown quantity at this point

Added the 300min Sim Card yesterday and just upgraded to 4 for 40 bundle from 3 for £30which now includes XL TV for 12 months. Took 3 calls to get to a UK chap who was great.
Lunatic Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 22:58   #8
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

i think its an additional cable service, as the mobile sim isnt on any sort of minimum term, so you could get around the adding the new service thing buy taking a mobile, getting the 10.50 off your cable bill and giving your 30 days notice.

retentions can still add the 3 for 30 package on without taking a new service, but CS cant transfer you through unless you specifically say you want to cancel
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:56   #9
grey
Inactive

Sorry its been a while to reply been bogged down with stuff.
I am going to treat myself to the 20Mb service soon as I just got a new job!
So its all academic now,i didnt call them back i just lost the will

Thanks for everyones pov.