Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 3 logon

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 3 logon

Old 24-03-2019, 22:39   #1
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice
Hub 3 logon

I have been using my hub 3 in modem mode with an ASU’s WiFi router but thought I’d try it as a router now they have ‘intelligent’ WiFi.
I tried logging on to http://192.168.100.1 but the password didn’t work so I tried resetting by using a paper clip in the reset hole but it doesn’t appear to have reset. It’s still in modem mode and I still can’t log on.
I pushed the paper clip into the hole and kept it in for at least 20 seconds.
What am I doing wrng?

Thanks
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2019, 23:01   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Hub 3 logon

The modem address will be 192.168.0.1 as the hub is the first stage in your LAN.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 23:23   #3
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The modem address will be 192.168.0.1 as the hub is the first stage in your LAN.
Not if it’s in modem mode. http://192.168.100.1 Is correct. I connect and it asks for the password which I don’t know. It’s not the one on the hub 3 which is why I tried to reset t factory settings.
Old 24-03-2019, 23:47   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Sounds like you missed the reset switch with the paper clip,try something thicker.
Old 24-03-2019, 23:59   #5
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Sounds like you missed the reset switch with the paper clip,try something thicker.
The lights went off as they should. Been resetting things with paper clips for far longer than I care to remember. Never had a problem before but maybe you’re right. I’ll have to try again.
Thank you.
Old 25-03-2019, 00:31   #6
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

The intelligent WiFi makes the Hub no less crap than it always has been. Just marketing hype tbh. They're biding their time until the GigaConnectBox comes to the UK.

They still haven't fixed the GUI issues from point of release!
Unless it's a super old Asus, it'll probably be much more feature rich.

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 00:35   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThomas View Post
The intelligent WiFi makes the Hub no less crap than it always has been. Just marketing hype tbh. They're biding their time until the GigaConnectBox comes to the UK.

They still haven't fixed the GUI issues from point of release!
Unless it's a super old Asus, it'll probably be much more feature rich.

Tom
The Hub3 is perfectly fine now unless you're talking about its WiFi range which is often no different from other ISP modems in my experience? what GUI issues?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 25-03-2019 at 00:45.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 00:49   #8
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
what GUI issues?

*New Firmware introduces DHCP page hanging (we're talking about 10mins per page load)

*Wrong signal level readings

*Modem IP still doesn't allow certain assignments due to misconfigured guest networks

*Restoring backups still doesnt work properly.

*WiFi channel bandwidth doesn't save and hold unless you happen to know which control channel works with which.

*Occasional resets to the UPC Europe GUI which grants access to a new handful of features - Some which Virgin don't even allow yet (IPv6 IP Addressing/Firewalling etc etc.)

Well, there are a few I can think of. haha

Tom

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

Strangely I find the range quite satisfactory in comparison to my Asus - But getting headline package rates (350meg) requires tweaking those damn channel width settings which may or may not save

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 10:43   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Wrong signal level readings is with the latest firmware, i can't tell you about all the other things in your list but from a normal user like myself who uses it in router mode it works perfectly for me.

For someone who needs more advanced features then modem mode with their own router is the way to go.
Old 29-03-2019, 20:31   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
I have been using my hub 3 in modem mode with an ASU’s WiFi router but thought I’d try it as a router now they have ‘intelligent’ WiFi
Why? The fact that you have already got a proper router means you know the shub is cack and anything VM do isn't going to make it as good as the Asus so why take a step back.

For anyone else who is reading, if you are in modem mode nothing has changed. The shub has done a reboot at some point and downloaded the software update to allow you to use the new features but nothing has been changed setting wise and you'll still be in modem mode using your own proper router.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote