Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Telly Tablet - does it make sense?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

The Telly Tablet - does it make sense?

Old 31-12-2016, 19:46   #31
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: The Telly Tablet - does it make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not really. I've managed to get a 4K telly, a £400 DVD recorder and 2 V6 orders in this year. However, I know when I'm pushing my luck!
What you don't realise is she is making notes of these and soon a "i want that diamond ring" will be coming your way.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2016, 20:05   #32
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I have entered a competition for the Telly Tablet. I think it would save the expense of cabling into other rooms to receive TV wherever you are in the house.

However, I wouldn't pay £300 or anything like that for the privilege of having one of these. I think my wife would say that was a step too far!!
I think exactly the same way OB.

Do you have a link to the competition please?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:19   #33
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think exactly the same way OB.

Do you have a link to the competition please?
Sorry, Richard, we are passed the closing date for entries now. Maybe there will be more competitions or special offers from VM this year!

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Well now you can tell her you won the TellyTablet
Fingers crossed!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 12:58   #34
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Trying to find a decent review on You Tube but the few that are on there are these stupid robot voices.
Old 25-01-2017, 14:08   #35
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Trying to find a decent review on You Tube but the few that are on there are these stupid robot voices.
Maybe no real person actually bought one yet
Old 25-01-2017, 17:08   #36
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Thats what I was thinking
Old 25-01-2017, 18:11   #37
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

...And I didn't win one!
Old 19-08-2017, 17:11   #38
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The price has now been reduced to £249.99, i'm not sure if the price has been reduced to shift them or if it's because the price of larger tablets is falling in general.

They are also offering one for £17 a month with some Smartphones:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/showtime.html

I wasn't sure who manufactured these, but this is only available with Samsung Smartphones, so maybe this is an indicator??
Old 19-08-2017, 21:30   #39
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
The price has now been reduced to £249.99, i'm not sure if the price has been reduced to shift them or if it's because the price of larger tablets is falling in general.

I wasn't sure who manufactured these, but this is only available with Samsung Smartphones, so maybe this is an indicator??
I think they are way too pricey for most people. When they come down to 50 quid, I'll think about it.
Old 20-08-2017, 07:22   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I think they are way too pricey for most people. When they come down to 50 quid, I'll think about it.
For once l agree with you OB.
Old 22-08-2017, 08:23   #41
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

I'm sure I reada couple of weeks ago that they are now offering free Telly Tablet's on certain packages. No doubt for new customers and not loyal ones,
Old 22-08-2017, 08:54   #42
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I'm sure I reada couple of weeks ago that they are now offering free Telly Tablet's on certain packages. No doubt for new customers and not loyal ones,
One of these days, Trevor, one of these days!
Old 05-04-2019, 16:51   #43
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Since making the above post, the price has fallen to £199. It's still available 'free' for £17 a month with selected Samsung smartphones.

Over two years ago, people commented that the original price of £299 (then reduced to £249) was too much. Would people be prepared to pay £199 for one?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/showtime.html
Old 05-04-2019, 16:55   #44
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

No
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 17:16   #45
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Since making the above post, the price has fallen to £199. It's still available 'free' for £17 a month with selected Samsung smartphones.

Over two years ago, people commented that the original price of £299 (then reduced to £249) was too much. Would people be prepared to pay £199 for one?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/showtime.html
Not me. It needs to be way lower than that, but I dare say that would be uneconomic for VM.