Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What number do I call for a faulty Tivo controler

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What number do I call for a faulty Tivo controler

Old 27-06-2019, 08:59   #31
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What number do I call for a faulty Tivo controler

Virgin Media want everyone on the V6 boxes as much as possible.

You'll only get a TiVo if you either don't have Broadband or don't have an HDTV. Or if you've already got 3 V6 boxes and it's an additional box.
Old 27-06-2019, 10:11   #32
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

You'll only get a TiVo if you either don't have Broadband or don't have an HDTV. Or if you've already got 3 V6 boxes and it's an additional box.

Yodel are supposed to be delivering today so I will see what it is!
Ken W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:28   #33
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If they include a new remote, you might like to just try that with your existing box first. Even if it's a V6 remote, it'll still work with an older TiVo
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 10:40   #34
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Ken W:

Yodel are supposed to be delivering today so I will see what it is!
Broken probably if it's Yodel.
Old 27-06-2019, 11:29   #35
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

There you go Ken, if you don't like the V6 tell them you only have a Scart. connection on your tv.
tbh you're paying and VM should give you what you want if they want you to continue to pay.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 11:53   #36
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
There you go Ken, if you don't like the V6 tell them you only have a Scart. connection on your tv.
tbh you're paying and VM should give you what you want if they want you to continue to pay.
Having TiVo means you may not get everything now. For instance the Amazon Prime app is going to be on the V6 only.

So that's why Virgin Media swap everyone to the V6 where possible.
Old 27-06-2019, 12:16   #37
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Having TiVo means you may not get everything now. For instance the Amazon Prime app is going to be on the V6 only.

So that's why Virgin Media swap everyone to the V6 where possible.
And Amazon do no doubt
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 13:15   #38
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I had a replacement box sent for self install recently. Old one was a TiVo and they sent a V6.
To be fair, the CS guy did tell me this when I reported the fault and I didn't need to ask either. V6 is a lot better and well worth it.

Either way, don't forget you can transfer your series links to your new box via My Virgin Media website
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 13:29   #39
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I had a replacement box sent for self install recently. Old one was a TiVo and they sent a V6.
To be fair, the CS guy did tell me this when I reported the fault and I didn't need to ask either. V6 is a lot better and well worth it.

Either way, don't forget you can transfer your series links to your new box via My Virgin Media website
But the bummer is that you lose all your recordings!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 13:35   #40
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But the bummer is that you lose all your recordings!
If you need a new box then you've already lost your recordings - doesn't matter which version you get it replaced by!
Old 27-06-2019, 15:53   #41
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
If you need a new box then you've already lost your recordings - doesn't matter which version you get it replaced by!

It was a V6 box delivered as you suggested.

Do I need to have the Ethernet cable to install the V6 box?

My HUB 3 is in a different room.
Ken W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 16:24   #42
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
It was a V6 box delivered as you suggested.

Do I need to have the Ethernet cable to install the V6 box?

My HUB 3 is in a different room.
No, during the setup, you will be able to select one of your WiFis, best choose the 5GHz signal, and supply its password.

If you haven’t separated your Hub 3.0 WiFi SSIDs, you should do so.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 16:37   #43
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
If you haven’t separated your Hub 3.0 WiFi SSIDs, you should do so.
No you shouldn't. The V6 will now automatically pick the best one.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 16:43   #44
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
No you shouldn't. The V6 will now automatically pick the best one.
Best in what criterion?

You wouldn’t want a stronger 2.4GHz signal giving a lower speed connection than a weaker 5GHz signal.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 16:48   #45
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Best in what criterion?

You wouldn’t want a stronger 2.4GHz signal giving a lower speed connection than a weaker 5GHz signal.
2.4GHz did not allow me to watch content on my second box when I had my V6s installed. I could see the titles of the recordings in 'My Shows' but it wouldn't let me in.

Changing to 5Ghz solved that problem. My hub is in a different room from both of my V6s, and in the case of the main lounge one, on a different floor on the other side of the house.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote